PDA

View Full Version : ? for ROSS Limp mode problems from new turbo

fire0021
March 21st, 2008, 04:11 AM
we put a 40-94 on my lmm and it runs realy well for 10 mins and then goes into limp mode i belive the problem lies within two codes p2033 -p2564 is there any way we can get acess two thees to set the test drom never running so they dont time out. or shut off limp mode alltogether. limp mode sucks :Eyecrazy: :help2: Thank you

GMPX
March 21st, 2008, 01:11 PM
Do you have anything hooked up to the VVT position sensor at all?, or is it just totally open circuit?
Should be able to come up with a solution for that though.
Shoot me a PM with your Email address, though, not much will get done over the easter break....

Cheers,
Ross

LBZ
April 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
If you guys can please post your findings on this. I'm curious as to how you solved this problem.

Thanks

Code3Response
April 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM
bump

fire0021
April 28th, 2008, 08:51 AM
still working on getting it all worked completley out. but for the most part its working well.

GMPX
April 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
The main aim was to get the truck running to a point where it never limped, that was achieved, there is still some nagging DTC's but they aren't causing any issues.
I sort of got pulled away from working with fire0021 to get the DVT additions sorted. But, the urgency was gone and the truck drives, that is the main thing.

Cheers,
Ross

Code3Response
May 15th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Tommy do you, Mike, or anyone else with aftermarket turbos on LMMs have any check engine lights or codes coming up?

LBZRCKS
May 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Tommy do you, Mike, or anyone else with aftermarket turbos on LMMs have any check engine lights or codes coming up?

As far as I know he doesn't Matt

MMLMM
May 27th, 2008, 01:33 PM

yae I have them set to not report but I get like 4-5 if i scan, I caqn post them tomorrow if you need them. No check engine light though.

fire0021
June 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Well with alot of help from ross we where able to keep the truck form limping and i was able to track down the correct settings for some of the permaters to make it no even want to go into limp mode. I was able to run consitant 12.40s in the truck and it ran great no issues no codes no lights. If you have any spacific questions let me know and i will do my best to help you out. Tommy. Now testing another new turbo se will see how tht goes :doh2:

MMLMM
June 18th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Well with alot of help from ross we where able to keep the truck form limping and i was able to track down the correct settings for some of the permaters to make it no even want to go into limp mode. I was able to run consitant 12.40s in the truck and it ran great no issues no codes no lights. If you have any spacific questions let me know and i will do my best to help you out. Tommy. Now testing another new turbo se will see how tht goes :doh2:

Any thought tommy why I show codes, just no light? The codes I can pull are even set to not report.

fire0021
June 24th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Any thought tommy why I show codes, just no light? The codes I can pull are even set to not report.

wich codes are you getting? the light will not show becuase they are set to not report. but tht basicly just keeps the liight off. I have found a few fixes to the reamaining codes. just depends on the ones your getting. give me a ring we can go through them

MMLMM
June 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
wich codes are you getting? the light will not show becuase they are set to not report. but tht basicly just keeps the liight off. I have found a few fixes to the reamaining codes. just depends on the ones your getting. give me a ring we can go through them
There wrote down truck I'll have to get them out this week.