PDA

View Full Version : Ok some serious issues

Highlander
March 21st, 2008, 05:18 AM
I made the mistake of starting the scantool (connecting with the green button) while the efilive explorer was on... Now i cannot connect using the scantool and the software hangs everytime I try.

it hangs so bad that task manager cannot terminate the process and only a reboot will kill it.

Been trying to get the EXT PIDS as valid and the only way thus far is to open a scanlog recorded by BB to have them marked valid... At that point since i had the efilive explorer on.. connected.. and booooommmm.... my laptop is smoking!!! jajjaa.. j/k

Ideas? suggestions?

ChipsByAl
March 21st, 2008, 06:04 AM
Maybe uninstall and reinstall the software. Do you have another PC to test with?
Al

Highlander
March 21st, 2008, 06:52 AM
Exactly what i just did... uninstall.. WIPE OUT... clean with other scanning tools.. and v7.5 connected... now applied all beta updates and ready to connect again.

Highlander
March 21st, 2008, 07:42 AM
ok same problem again... tried on a different laptop and it worked.. so something is conflicting with my pc on this update... previous version connects fine...

Also.. .I cannot log, no matter what i do, to the PC the WB AFR data. Any tutorials would be great.

Highlander
March 21st, 2008, 08:57 AM
well.. problem got fixed... DONT KNOW HOW! ... but oh well... it works on both lappies.

John Skiba
March 21st, 2008, 01:05 PM
Found a few more issues....

- Compare gives me a access violation
- did save as for an E40 and then loaded a E38 file and it didn't change the windows bar banner for name. In fact it overwrote my E40 with the E38 file on exit. Seems exit autosaves in some case even if you don't want to.
- TCM speedo #'s on T42 look strange

Will email you screen shots

Blacky
March 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
well.. problem got fixed... DONT KNOW HOW! ... but oh well... it works on both lappies.

Even after you exit EFILive_Explorer, check to see if EFILive_Hapi is running in the system tray. If it is there will be a conflict between V7 and V8 software over the FlashScan USB device.

Note: V7 and V8 are not meant to share access to the FlashScan devices. During beta testing it is necessary to handle the potential conlict manually by making sure Hapi is not running when you try to conenct to FlashScan with the V7 software.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 22nd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Found a few more issues....

- Compare gives me a access violation
- did save as for an E40 and then loaded a E38 file and it didn't change the windows bar banner for name. In fact it overwrote my E40 with the E38 file on exit. Seems exit autosaves in some case even if you don't want to.
- TCM speedo #'s on T42 look strange

Will email you screen shots

Hi John,
Please include the files you were working on and the steps required to reproduce the fault(s).
Thanks
Paul

Highlander
March 23rd, 2008, 04:45 AM
the efilive hapi was not active at the moment. Don't worry... it was probably my PC as I got a hard disk failure and had to replace the drive... so I'm guessing it was some file on a bad cluster that got STUCK. Tried to reproduce the error on the other laptop w/o success.