PDA

View Full Version : Logging BEN factor with March 20th Beta?

Goldfinger911
March 23rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
I was under the impression that enough PIDs would be available to log for AutoVE with the BBL firmware now? Have I just been sniffing paint, or is there a way to set it up? I ran through the readme and quick start guide and didnt see much.

It looks like I can log GM.AFR and the WBO2 from my RS232 connection. Do I do this and then just alter my BEN calculation in the Scan Tool to use the new RS232-based WBO2 and not the AD input-based WBO2 data?

Blacky
March 23rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
Yes, that's the correct way to do it, but there appears to be a problem with the pass-through logging of the new serial wide band data. It is being logged on the FlashScan unit, but not bening passed back to the PC based Scan Tool software.
I'm working on a fix now...

Goldfinger911
March 23rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Thats good to know.

However, maybe I phrased the question wrong... can I use my V2 by itself, and log PID's while driving, then upload the log to my laptop when I get home and apply the calc'ed BEN PID within the Scan Tool, and get my AutoVE map? What I am wanting to eliminate, is having the laptop in the car doing the logging in pass-through... I want to capture the data (PID's) required for the BEN calculation, using just the V2, the OBD2 cable, and the RS232 cable to my LC-1?

I looks like all I need is to log AFR and AFR_LC11 on the V2 right? Or can I also add to the PID list on my V2 the BEN_LC11 PID?

Second Question: This may be a stupid one... but as far as what PIDs are now supported... when I open the PID list for my car (LS1B_M_PIDs.txt) is every PID in that text file supposed to be supported now on the V2? Meaning, as I read down the through the file, the PID name is the first column of names... all of those I can choose from to create custom PID monitor lists in my Options.ini file?

Last question: I saw the post where you gave the example on how to modify the Options.ini file so you can have instead of a vehicle list, you can have different logging scenarios. Track, Dyno, etc. What is the limit on how many of those custom PID set's I can create in that Options.ini file? I can think of all kinds of scenarios that would be super handy! Here are the ones I have so far... Base Tuning, WOT Tuning, Track , Dyno, Idle, Throttle (cracker, follower, etc), Knock and Timing.

Thanks again Paul. I am loving my V2 more than ever. Keep up the kickass work.

JezzaB
March 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
As long as you log the Commanded AFR and the Actual AFR from the wideband you can add the BEN PID later on in the scan tool because its a calculated PID

Blacky
March 23rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Second Question: This may be a stupid one... but as far as what PIDs are now supported... when I open the PID list for my car (LS1B_M_PIDs.txt) is every PID in that text file supposed to be supported now on the V2? Meaning, as I read down the through the file, the PID name is the first column of names... all of those I can choose from to create custom PID monitor lists in my Options.ini file?

Yes.

Last question: I saw the post where you gave the example on how to modify the Options.ini file so you can have instead of a vehicle list, you can have different logging scenarios. Track, Dyno, etc. What is the limit on how many of those custom PID set's I can create in that Options.ini file? I can think of all kinds of scenarios that would be super handy! Here are the ones I have so far... Base Tuning, WOT Tuning, Track , Dyno, Idle, Throttle (cracker, follower, etc), Knock and Timing.

Thanks again Paul. I am loving my V2 more than ever. Keep up the kickass work.

You can have up to 32 entries in the *VEHICLES section.
If you have more, they will be silently ignored.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 23rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
As long as you log the Commanded AFR and the Actual AFR from the wideband you can add the BEN PID later on in the scan tool because its a calculated PID

Exactly.
Paul