March 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
V2
FW: FSProgV2_05_15(0320)
Controller: 04 LLY (15141668)

Symptoms:
Select vehicle: LLY
Display Data (F2)
Nothing happens.

Record Data: Screen goes to “Please Wait” then back to “Data Logging” Screen (With F1 Record, F2 Display, F3 Display WO2)
Display Data: Does nothing.

Trace file sent to Paul on 3/22/08 @ 17:14 Central time

jimter
March 23rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
I Have the same symptoms on a LB7

V2
FW: FSProgV2_05_15(0320)
Controller: 01 LB7 (15063375)

I Sent Paul An E-mail With Trace file so ill see what he turns up. :D

lakingslayer
March 24th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I thought I was smoking too much crack and weed again but I guess not. Mine is doing the same thing. I need to look at the SD card to see if there is a trace file there. There is no indication that the Trace was stored like previous versions where it said something like "creating trace file".

Cougar281
March 24th, 2008, 04:47 AM
It doesn't automaticly generate the trace file. You'd need to manually generate it.

Wasted Income
March 24th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Same problem with my LLY.

Works fine on my 5.3L gasser though.

Blacky
March 24th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Its is a known problem with the LB7/LLY controllers. It has been fixed and an update will be available Tuesday (which is late Mon night in the US).

Regards
Paul

lakingslayer
March 24th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Its is a known problem with the LB7/LLY controllers. It has been fixed and an update will be available Tuesday (which is late Mon night in the US).

Regards
Paul
Cool! Thanks Paul.:cheers:

Code3Response
March 25th, 2008, 05:31 AM
As in last night?

lakingslayer
March 25th, 2008, 09:16 AM
As in last night?

I would imagine they would like to fix the LMM issue with the next release. That's just a guess though.

Blacky
March 25th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I would imagine they would like to fix the LMM issue with the next release. That's just a guess though.

Correct.
The LMM issue is now fixed and the update will be made available in a couple of hours.

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
March 25th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Will this update get one out of dead poll?

Blacky
March 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Will this update get one out of dead poll?

We're still working on the LLY deadpoll issue. The problem is when the ECM is in deadpoll, FlashScan is incorrectly identifying the TCM as the controller to be flashed. It tries to flash the TCM - thinking it is flashing the ECM and fails because it is using the ECM's key on the TCM and cannot unlock it.

Temporary workaround: if you disconnect your TCM (maybe just pulling the TCM fuse if there is one), then FlashScan should be able to recover the ECM since it won't get confused by the TCM.

Once I've collected all the info on why it is failing and once I can reproduce the problem here, it can be fixed. But the fix won't be in today's release.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
March 25th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I just flashed my ECM in the truck; first try it failed for some odd reason (possibly the issue described here), second try it flashed perfectly. :nixweiss:

We're still working on the LLY deadpoll issue. The problem is when the ECM is in deadpoll, FlashScan is incorrectly identifying the TCM as the controller to be flashed. It tries to flash the TCM - thinking it is flashing the ECM and fails because it is using the ECM's key on the TCM and cannot unlock it.

Temporary workaround: if you disconnect your TCM (maybe just pulling the TCM fuse if there is one), then FlashScan should be able to recover the ECM since it won't get confused by the TCM.

Once I've collected all the info on why it is failing and once I can reproduce the problem here, it can be fixed. But the fix won't be in today's release.

Regards
Paul

lakingslayer
March 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I reflashed both ECM and TCM yesterday and ECM today with no issues. These weren't full reflashes though.

jimter
March 26th, 2008, 06:13 AM

Regards
Paul

Maybe im missing something, but where are the updates being posted?:help2:

lakingslayer
March 26th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I don't think they are ready yet.

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Testing uncovered a problem with reading the 2Mb 4 cylinder controller. I am currently fixing that. Once I get it fixed I will post the update.

Regards
Paul

Wasted Income
March 26th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Testing uncovered a problem with reading the 2Mb 4 cylinder controller. I am currently fixing that. Once I get it fixed I will post the update.

Regards
Paul

Why does that matter to me and my Dmax???

Just kidding :D

Carry on with the great work, guys. :cheers:

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Why does that matter to me and my Dmax???

Just kidding :D

Carry on with the great work, guys. :cheers:

Kidding or not, that's what I was thinking as well, so the update is posted, but the 4 cyl reading is still not working. We can work on that here while you guys play with the latest update.

Regards
Paul

rcr1978
March 26th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Is the LMM flashing safe yet? GM said my ecm is dead and unable to be recovered. They could be wrong but the tech said he could not communicate with it so he was unable to reflash it.

jimter
March 26th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Yhaooooo! BBL works like a champ on my lb7 with the 3-26-08 update :D
GREAT WORK GUYS! :master:

Edit: Well ok, It works great as long as i dont add to manny PIDs. Ill start a new thread for this one tomorrow. :)

GMPX
March 26th, 2008, 02:49 PM
rcr1978, they need to select 'replace and reprogram' as the option in TIS.
My test LMM ECM here (that I also produced the same error on) was able to be recovered using TIS no problem.
I think what they are doing is trying to update the ECM, unfortunately this won't work because TIS needs to know the existing part numbers in the ECM (which it won't report in that state), when you tell TIS that it is a replace and program ECM it doesn't care and just flashes in what it should.

Cheers,
Ross

rcr1978
March 26th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Ross I will try to tell them that.

GMPX
April 1st, 2008, 11:56 AM
How did you go?
I had to 'teach' another dealer out here to do the same just the other day :shock:

Cheers,
Ross

rcr1978
April 1st, 2008, 06:17 PM
They put a new ECM in it, I don't think the tech listened to what I had to tell him. I specificly asked the tech to do this before replacing. Now I can't get them to even tell me that they tried to do the replace and reprogram with the tis/tech2 before they put the new ecm in it. I should just bought another ecm from a vender then I would have had a spare.

lakingslayer
April 2nd, 2008, 02:53 AM
Maybe I just don't get it but I created a custom Options.ini file with the PIDS I wanted to use. The first one is TP in the list. When I hook it up to my truck to start BB logging I get an error about the TP not supported or something like that. I can give more details when I get home if needed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also how many PID's can we Log at once and how many Channels can we log with the V2? Of course this if for my truck in my sig.

pok
April 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Maybe I just don't get it but I created a custom Options.ini file with the PIDS I wanted to use. The first one is TP in the list. When I hook it up to my truck to start BB logging I get an error about the TP not supported or something like that. I can give more details when I get home if needed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also how many PID's can we Log at once and how many Channels can we log with the V2? Of course this if for my truck in my sig.

I had a similar problem logging with my 2001 LB7. In my case, I forgot to update the flashscan firmware between the March 20th update and the March 26th update. I had to update the March 26th FSProgV2 05 15(0326).efw file and it worked perfectly after that.

Additionally, when I tried to play back my log using the Scan tool, some of the PIDs I logged did not show up, one of which was TP and the others were FuelQ_Main_M and Boost_M. The respective PIDs were in the scan tool, but with the old *_DMA ending and they were not displaying data. The *_M PIDs, which is the new *_DMA ending (I think) in the Options.ini file were missing however.

I don't know if that helped, but that was my experience.....

lakingslayer
April 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Well I'm using Firmware V2.5.15 Dated March 26, 2008. I get an error telling me that the TP is not a supported PID when the Node is set to PCM and I should de-select it but totally ignores it when it's set to ECM. I added some of my PIDS and it loggs some but not all of them. IAT, RPM, BARO2, BOOST_M, FUELQ_MAIN_M, and PILOTRATE will not log. Help.