PDA

View Full Version : Can Flashscan read HP Tuners?

jsttry
July 28th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Does anyone know if Flashscan can read the tune out of a PCM that was originally written with HP Tuners?

I have a friend who was given a mailorder tune and wants to modify a couple of minor things. Instead of starting from scratch can Flashscan read the tune out of this PCM?

SSpdDmon
July 28th, 2005, 12:18 AM
As far as I know, yes.

Delco
July 28th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know if Flashscan can read the tune out of a PCM that was originally written with HP Tuners?

I have a friend who was given a mailorder tune and wants to modify a couple of minor things. Instead of starting from scratch can Flashscan read the tune out of this PCM?

If its not locked it can , if its locked then you will need somone with the expertise to unlock 8)

jsttry
July 28th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Thank you gents. I was going to call you Delco but couldn't remember the time difference in WA and wasn't sure if you'd still be awake. :)

Still have to call you and talk about some other plans anyway.

ntae
July 28th, 2005, 10:15 PM

Unless HPF have changed there tunes , it might be a good idear to start from scratch jay . i do know of flashscan reading a so called locked HPF PCM

GMPX
July 28th, 2005, 11:45 PM

Unless HPF have changed there tunes , it might be a good idear to start from scratch jay . i do know of flashscan reading a so called locked HPF PCM

HPT Geoff, HPT. You start telling people that you can read PCM's from HPF (Horsepower Factory) and I'll have one angry Marty calling me on Monday!!.
BTW, we have no built in HPT lock bypass, it's pretty solid.

Cheers,
Ross

ntae
August 12th, 2005, 09:35 PM

Unless HPF have changed there tunes , it might be a good idear to start from scratch jay .

I was wrong , the mail order tune that came with this head/ cam package was the real deal

oztracktuning
March 9th, 2006, 10:45 PM
What is needed is the ability to wipe any locked tunes that are bad - so we can start again.

GMPX
March 10th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Can't do, that's exactly what the lock prevents, access to the Flash, read or write.
Gimme a soldering iron, flux, and some wick....job done in 20mins.

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
March 10th, 2006, 04:17 AM
So the only way to overwrite the flash in a locked PCM is to physically remove the nvram chip (if you don't know the key)...?

What nvram chip is it (common part number) and what does it contain...?

Would it be possible to clip onto the nvram chip (without desoldering) and clear it electronically...?

Regards
Joe

oztracktuning
March 10th, 2006, 10:13 AM
OK is there a source of replacement pcms and also can EFIlive setup a brand new PCM.

SinisterSS
March 10th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Delco should be able to set you up with a PCM and yes, EFILive commercial and workshop versions can setup a new PCM.