PDA

View Full Version : Service Stability Control ??

Boost
March 24th, 2008, 12:33 AM
'07 new style Silverado is throwing a lean code p0174. Why would my tune cause this? Also it sets the service stability light / message at a stop, but clears it when it gets going. Strange isn't it?

Especially since I made sure there is nothing in the tune that affects the ebcm / abs system (no tire/ gear changes or anything).

However, I have noticed a number of untuned trucks coming to the dealership with the Service Stability message for engine related concerns. Such as a bad mass air fklow, or a recent induction service.

So my question is: how is the service stability light related to the engine (intake, mass air flow). And why does this truck set the message / light only when tuned? (code is P0174). Thanks.

Jakes4321
March 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Quick question do you have a cai on the 07??

I know on the tbss's they have a reducer going from the maf to the air filter. If you take that out and not tune the maf correctly it will trough the lean code.

Just an idea.

I had the problem with the service stabilitrak light with previous tune I had (locked) I am guessing they adjusted something having to do with tcs??
Mine only happened when it was cold. After I pitched that tune went efilive no more issues.

Thats weird on the stock trucks

Boost
March 25th, 2008, 04:09 AM
No CAI. Thanks for your input. I suspect it has to do with the tune and with the lean (171 & 174) codes that it keeps resetting. I'd like to know why, but it is somehow related to the maf (?).

GMPX
March 25th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I am not sure either, maybe a torque setting that was altered?

Boost
March 25th, 2008, 11:31 PM
So far I proved that the lean codes it kept setting were causing the stability message / light to come on intermittently. Interesting. When P0171 & P0174 are blocked, the problem goes away. Still working on a better fix. I will try another version with the torque settings stock. Thanks for your response.