PDA

View Full Version : Help truck down after update

rcr1978
March 24th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Well I updated to the beta release, firmware, bootblock, formatted, ect.....
On my first flash (LMM) the flash went really slow 3m 50sec. after it was done the truck would not start. Tried 3 more flashes and no luck, disconnected the batteries for 30min no luck tried the firmware update process 3 more times no luck I was unable to the bootlock update again.

Please help Truck is down Thanks
Robert

Blacky
March 24th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Hi Robert,

Can you please send me the *.blx files that were logged when the flash failed?
You can find them here:
\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bug Reports\Download_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.blx
where
YYYYMMDD is the date and
HHMMSS is the time that the reflash failed.

Please send all *.blx files that were created around the time the reflashes failed. Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

GMPX
March 24th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Robert,

I was able to duplicate this issue here too, will sort it out as fast as we can.

Cheers,
Ross

rcr1978
March 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks guys I was panic stricken :Eyecrazy: This is my work truck and I used the beta anyways curiosity always gets the cat.

Blacky
March 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM
We have been working on adding full flashing to the LBZ/LMM platform. The full flash consists of re-programming more than just the calibrations. Unfortunately the cal-only flash for the LMM is incorrectly attempting to write outside of the calibration segment(s). Since the current version of the software does not have the necessary data to write anything other than calibration data, parts of the controller are getting erased but not reprogrammed.

Unfortunately, it is not recoverable with the currently released version of EFILive. You will need to use a Tech2 or other GM programing system to reflash the ECM.
Once the full-flash version of the EFILive software is available then situations like this will be recoverable using just the EFILive software.

Regards
Paul

jimter
March 24th, 2008, 10:42 AM
This is when it is so nice to have added a socket for the flash chip and an EMP-21 Handy.:rockon:
No matter what, you know you can recover from anything. :D
The three rules of computing= Backup, Backup, Backup.

GMPX
March 24th, 2008, 10:52 AM
If you have a socket for the flash type used on the Bosch ECM please let me know where you got it from :)
Sorry about the truck Robert.

Cheers.
Ross

rcr1978
March 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Well thanks for looking into so fast, Chit Happpens :D

jimter
March 24th, 2008, 01:12 PM
If you have a socket for the flash type used on the Bosch ECM please let me know where you got it from :)
Sorry about the truck Robert.

Cheers.
Ross

I have never opened one of the Bosch ECMs but i buy most of my sockets
from Meritec they have most SOP packages if its a BGA there was a Japanese
company making a few of them. I cant remember there name right now.
whats the number on the chip or package type and I'll see if i can dig one up.:)

Jim,T