PDA

View Full Version : License question with 7.5 update for BBL

Kevin Doe
March 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM
If I go to the EFILive Tune V7.5 software and go to Help then "FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing" I see some information that is confusing to me. On the right if I click on Stream Licenses tab I see two that are active. S-ACT and S-LS1A. The description for S-LS1A is for Gen III LS1 97-98 PCM.

I have a 2004 GTO PCM in my car (the engine/trans is in a 93 RX-7), which makes me think that S-LS1B should be active, and not S-LS1A. I assume this could be why I cannot validate the GM.EOP PID as mentioned in this thread in the BBL section:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7587

Any thoughts?

ls197gmc
March 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
what does S-ACT mean?

Kevin Doe
March 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
what does S-ACT mean?

The description for S-ACT is "Activate Stream Licensing" and its status is "Active"

Blacky
March 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM
A stream is a license to tune an unlimited number of vehicles of that type.

FlashScan is sold with unlimited tuning available for 97/98 LS1 controllers. It's part of a deal we made when we first started. That is whyt he S-LS1A stream is active. It should be active on ALL FlashSCan Scan and Tune devices. If it is not active please contact EFILive to obtain your free S-LS1A stream.

The S-ACT stream is just a way of activating the stream licensing capability in each FlashScan device. It should be active on all FlashScan devices except those that have been upgraded from V1 Workshop. No other stream can be added/activated until S-ACT is active. The S-ACT stream is activated once the upgraded V1 Workshop cable has been returned to EFILive.

Streams are different than VIN licenses. If you haven't purchased a stream that covers the particular vehicle you are flashing, then you will need to allocate one of your "Available" VIN licenses to program the vehicle.

Streams are usually purchased by workshops that tune many similar vehicles. If you expect to flash more than 25 vehicles that belong to the same stream, it is more cost effective to purchase a stream than 25 VIN licenses.

Regards
Paul

Kevin Doe
March 24th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Did you happen to check out the oil pressure paramters yet? GM.EOP being changed to GM.ENGOILP. If so please respond in that thread.