PDA

View Full Version : OBD I with V2??

xmadmax
March 25th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I have been using my V2 to tune and log with my LBZ since I got it, but since diesel prices have been going crazy i have brought my syclone out and have started driving it around again, and it just crossed my mind to wonder if efi will work with obd I vehicles...i guess maybe tunning may not be possible because they have chips right? so yea, just wondering, if you can, let me know what you have to do!

GMPX
March 25th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah a 1991 computer has no flash memory, they use the old Memcal setup which would require the ECM be removed everytime you wanted to program with a 20 minute erase time on the chip......

Cheers,
Ross

limited cv8r
March 25th, 2008, 11:56 AM
is OBD I stil going to be implemented in V8?

xmadmax
March 25th, 2008, 01:14 PM
so can you not scan those vehicles either?

xmadmax
March 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah a 1991 computer has no flash memory, they use the old Memcal setup which would require the ECM be removed everytime you wanted to program with a 20 minute erase time on the chip......

Cheers,
Ross

so does that mean that its possible to it just takes a long time..or is it not possible with the software we have

Blacky
March 25th, 2008, 01:20 PM
is OBD I stil going to be implemented in V8?
Yes, once standalone flashing is completed.
Paul

Blacky
March 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM
so does that mean that its possible to it just takes a long time..or is it not possible with the software we have

Not possible with the current EFILive software.
Regards
Paul