PDA

View Full Version : LM-1 issues

Thumper
March 26th, 2008, 05:43 AM
My LM-1 arrived and I have now had a chance to start with the auto ve tune. Hooked it up and all was good. After about 50km of logging tho, the wideband started throwing out some really stange numbers, and messed up my log. The next morning the WB gave me a timeout error 08. (manual says this is genereally a buggered sensor). So replaced the sensor, but now the AFR values shown in EFI live are constantly moving up and down by at least 1-1.5 AFR. The value shown on the LM-1 is generally a constant number, moving about by .1 or.2. Why would this be? I set up the volages to show 1v for 10AFR and 2v for 20AFR.

I have how ever done the Rafig process, and as BORAT says....great success!

I have noticed now the car is using some oil, but if it was the cause, then why doesnt the controller value do the same.

Thanks guys

5.7ute
March 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Set the other analog out in the LM-1 to a flatline voltage & log them both. You will be able to see if there is an electrical issue like a ground offset messing with the voltage.

Thumper
March 31st, 2008, 04:46 AM
Ok will do, but surely a ground offset would affect the value shown on the WB controller aswell?

Another thing, probably in the wrong group, but anyway.
I have set my C6002 MIL enablers as per the auto VE tut. but i still get a MIL and and error showing MAf sensor circuit low.

5.7ute
March 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM
Ok will do, but surely a ground offset would affect the value shown on the WB controller aswell?

Ground offsets only affect the analog out. This is why the V2 will be using the serial output from the wideband in the next upgrade.
If like me you only have the V1 you will need to change the calc pid for your wideband to suit the offset.

Thumper
April 1st, 2008, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the reply, i shall look into that. Would connecting the flashscan and the WB ground to a common ground make a difference?
Anyone got anything for the MIL's?

5.7ute
April 1st, 2008, 12:06 PM
Post up your tune file so we can have a look.

Thumper
April 2nd, 2008, 04:57 AM
Here is the Tune file thanks alot for checking it out

5.7ute
April 2nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
As you said your tune file is set correctly to prevent the MIL light for coming on for the P0102 error code. I would say that the light is coming on for a different error.
In your log file P0102 will always show as being reported, as this is necessary for Speed Density fuelling to take place. Is there another error code present in your logs?

Thumper
April 3rd, 2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks for checking.
I have a faulty oil pressure sender thats kicking out a MIL.
But when I checked the DTC's it showed the pressure sender and MAF fault
so when the presssure sender is sorted, it will clear the MIL?

Thumper
April 3rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Here is a log file if it helps out

5.7ute
April 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
Yes the MIL will be caused by the pressure sender fault.

Thumper
April 14th, 2008, 05:32 AM
How would the WB location affect the readings? I have located the WB in the X pipe to read both banks. Would it be better to locate it somewhere else

Thumper
April 15th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Did anyone look at the log file? Any other suggestions?