PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging beta update: March 26, 2008

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Download here:
http://download2.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_Beta_Update_March_26_2008.zip (18Mb)
This download includes and supercedes the previous (March 20) download.

Make sure you update your FlashScan (and/or AutoCal) firmware using the latest firmware file(s) in the EFILive_Hapi folder.

Please read the first post in the March 20 release for further information.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7566

If you have previously updated to the March 20 release and performed the steps in points 2 and 3, then you do not need to perform those steps again.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
March 26th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks Paul,

Just a quick check on the options.ini file..... Todays update seems to have an incomplete options.ini file in it, as there is no PID selection section for E38's. Can I just copy the section from the previous update?

Simon.

swingtan
March 26th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Sorry, just realised it's using the LS2 section :D

Highlander
March 26th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Does it fix the AFR pass thru?

Redline Motorsports
March 26th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Paul,

I have been hesitant to download this update as our tuning workload is jambed. Can't afford to have a non functioning V2. Should we hold off or is it a fairly stable update.

Thanks

Howard

swingtan
March 26th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I just tried a quick E38 BBL session and I still cannot log any DMA PID's. the options file has the following defined....

ECM, ECT, -40:110:1:1:0
ECM, IAT
ECM, MAP
ECM, E38.APCYL_DMA
ECM, RPM, 0:6500:2:1:0
ECM, SPARKADV
ECM, ETCTP
ECM, VSS
ECM, E38.AFRATIO_DMA
ECM, KR, -1:1:34:5:0
ECM, E38.OCTSCL_DMA

But none of the "DMA" pids appear in the log file. I'll try a long-ish log tonight to see if the lock up problem is fixed.

On my previous post about the options.ini file.... Is is safe to assume that under the "Vehicle Selection List", the "PSL" column is simply a text pointer to a config section further down in the file? Can I recreate the E38 section for myself ( understanding that the options file is overwritten with an update ) without effecting anything else?

Simon

Ninety8C5
March 26th, 2008, 01:37 PM
The 98 Controllors still don't work. If I select 98 Manual and go to 'Display Data', it says 'FUELSYS is not a valid PID. If I remove that from the 'Options.ini' file, it says that 'MAF' is not a valid PID.

I returned everything to original and select 99 Manual and then 'Display Data' and it likes it. There must be something wrong in the LS1A_M.pmm and LS1A_A.pmm files because the 98 & 99 are using the same PSL_LS1 section in the 'Options.ini' file. I also tried 98 Auto and that fails like 98 Manual.

DMA PIDS also do not work.

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 01:38 PM
On my previous post about the options.ini file.... Is is safe to assume that under the "Vehicle Selection List", the "PSL" column is simply a text pointer to a config section further down in the file? Can I recreate the E38 section for myself ( understanding that the options file is overwritten with an update ) without effecting anything else?
Simon

Yes, its just a reference to a named section further down in the file, you can make up others as you want/need to.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Does it fix the AFR pass thru?
Yes.

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 01:43 PM
The 98 Controllors still don't work. If I select 98 Manual and go to 'Display Data', it says 'FUELSYS is not a valid PID. If I remove that from the 'Options.ini' file, it says that 'MAF' is not a valid PID.

I returned everything to original and select 99 Manual and then 'Display Data' and it likes it. There must be something wrong in the LS1A_M.pmm and LS1A_A.pmm files because the 98 & 99 are using the same PSL_LS1 section in the 'Options.ini' file. I also tried 98 Auto and that fails like 98 Manual.

DMA PIDS also do not work.

Strange, I just tested it again here and it works fine. Did you upgrade the firmware to release: (0326)? Did you copy the new *.pmm files to FlashScan?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I just tried a quick E38 BBL session and I still cannot log any DMA PID's. the options file has the following defined....

ECM, ECT, -40:110:1:1:0
ECM, IAT
ECM, MAP
ECM, E38.APCYL_DMA
ECM, RPM, 0:6500:2:1:0
ECM, SPARKADV
ECM, ETCTP
ECM, VSS
ECM, E38.AFRATIO_DMA
ECM, KR, -1:1:34:5:0
ECM, E38.OCTSCL_DMA

But none of the "DMA" pids appear in the log file. I'll try a long-ish log tonight to see if the lock up problem is fixed.

Simon

Probably my fault :bash:, I just realized we renamed the *_DMA PIDs to *_M. It may be you need to rename them in the Options.ini file as well.
I will try that here as well to see if that is the problem.

P.S. Check the PID names in the PID description files. The DMA PIDs are named *_M only.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Paul,

I have been hesitant to download this update as our tuning workload is jambed. Can't afford to have a non functioning V2. Should we hold off or is it a fairly stable update.

Thanks

Howard

It is a lot more stable than the early releases, I recommend holding off until we figure out the last few niggly problems. Should be about 2 weeks.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
March 26th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I did........

Extracted the zip file and over wrote all existing files.

Formated the config directory and copied all files across to the config directory.

Updated the firmware to 0326

Still no E38 DMA PID's

:D, too fast for me Paul... I'll check thos PID names right now....

Ninety8C5
March 26th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Strange, I just tested it again here and it works fine. Did you upgrade the firmware to release: (0326)? Did you copy the new *.pmm files to FlashScan?

Regards
Paul

You are right, it does work. In my haste to try the new update, I copied the new config files to Flashscan, but forgot to update the firmware. :bash:

Ninety8C5
March 26th, 2008, 02:15 PM
DMA PIDS still don't seem to work. I tried both '-, DYNCYLAIR_M' and 'PCM, DYNCYLAIR_M' separately, but neither worked.

swingtan
March 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Good news on the E-38 front! :notacrook:

I replaced all _DMA with _M and dropped the "E38." from the front and they work like a charm! As soon as I read your post Paul I thought, I've read that somewhere before, but had forgotten all about it.

Now, how do I see them in the Scan tool as it still seems to be looking for _DMA PID's ?

Simon

Kevin Doe
March 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Just curious, what do I need to do to pass through the LC-1 data to the laptop? I had previously used the external analog inputs. Do I need to update something in the sae.generic.txt file?

This part?
# Innovate LC-1 WBO2
# ========================
*CLC-00-932
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "({EXT.AD1}*3)+7.35"
*CLC-00-933
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LC11.AFR}/{GM.AFR}"

Ninety8C5
March 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I've noticed in the last two updates that in the Scan Tool when you go to 'Enter VIN' and want to enter the 'Op system' only a few of the operating system show up when you click the 'down arrow'. I can type in 19980400 but before this all the operating systems were on the list.

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 03:15 PM
DMA PIDS still don't seem to work. I tried both '-, DYNCYLAIR_M' and 'PCM, DYNCYLAIR_M' separately, but neither worked.

My Bad :(

The 97/98 controllers do not report a valid operating system number. The DMA PID's memory addresses are indexed based on operating system number. FlashSCan is not able to correctly identify which DMA PIDs are valid for 97/98's. In the PC based scan tool it uses the VIN to generate pseudo operating system numbers. I have not put that ability into the FlashScan device. Doing it now...

When testing this I also realized that there are no DMA PIDs defined for LS1s or LS2s in the Options.ini file. I mistakenly thought there was and that they were being successfully tested. :(

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Just curious, what do I need to do to pass through the LC-1 data to the laptop? I had previously used the external analog inputs. Do I need to update something in the sae.generic.txt file?

This part?
# Innovate LC-1 WBO2
*CLC-00-932
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "({EXT.AD1}*3)+7.35"
*CLC-00-933
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LC11.AFR}/{GM.AFR}"
I recommend adding new calc PIDs to the calc_PIDs.txt file in \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User configuration.
Here's one I prepared earlier:

# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"

# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

# ALL Wideband serial controllers
# ===============================
*CLC-00-101
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{EXT.WO2AFR1}/{GM.AFR}"

*CLC-00-102
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{EXT.WO2AFR2}/{GM.AFR}"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.BEN1 F000 CLC-00-101 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator Bank 1"
CALC.BEN2 F001 CLC-00-102 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator Bank 2"

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I've noticed in the last two updates that in the Scan Tool when you go to 'Enter VIN' and want to enter the 'Op system' only a few of the operating system show up when you click the 'down arrow'. I can type in 19980400 but before this all the operating systems were on the list.

My mistake, the list of operating systems is generated by scanning the \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibration folder (and subfolders) for files ending in *.cal. Since we've updated to using *.calz files it is not finding the supported operating systems.

I'll fix it in the next release.

Regards
Paul

ChipsByAl
March 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks Blacky, that will work better than just adding in EXT.WO2AFR1 in the appropriate look up table.
Al

Kevin Doe
March 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I made those additions to my sae_generic.txt file, saved the file, retarted my Scan program. I found the new Calc PIDs I made, but they don't show up as supported. How can I make the pid supported? It has an X through the PID.

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I made those additions to my sae_generic.txt file, saved the file, retarted my Scan program. I found the new Calc PIDs I made, but they don't show up as supported. How can I make the pid supported? It has an X through the PID.

I still recommend not changing sae_generic.txt but instead add your own calc PIDs to cal_pids.txt. That way when new updates are released they won't overwrite your changes. Sae_generic.txt is usually overwritten during updates.

Right click on any calculated PID that shows up as not supported and select More info, it should explain why EFILive thinks it is not supported.

Regards
Paul

Kevin Doe
March 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I still recommend not changing sae_generic.txt but instead add your own calc PIDs to cal_pids.txt. That way when new updates are released they won't overwrite your changes. Sae_generic.txt is usually overwritten during updates.

Right click on any calculated PID that shows up as not supported and select More info, it should explain why EFILive thinks it is not supported.

Regards
Paul

Ok, I removed the custom PIDs from the sae_generic.txt file, and added them to the location you specified. However now the scan software isn't finding it. None of my pids show up with them in the new calc_PIDs.txt file.

I created the folder User configuration and put the file in there. Any ideas?

EDIT, I just relized that I did not need to create the "User Configuration" folder in teh V7.5 area in the program files, it was already there in the my documents area. Got it figured out, thanks.

joecar
March 26th, 2008, 05:02 PM
While BB logging V2 shows the correct values of the pids;

When I pull copy the log from V2 to my PC and view it using the scantool, it looks like junk (see attached, log of idling in my driveway).

I believe I followed all the steps (and read the readme first).

What did I miss...?

Also: The log file shows [Manual] instead of [Auto]... I selected LS1 99+ Auto.

Goldfinger911
March 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I get the exact same results while logging as 99+ LS1 Manual. It said my car revved to 11900rpm. Hahaha. Something is definitely wrong.

Paul- What else do you need from us to help you troubleshoot?

joecar
March 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Another question:

Using V2 only, how do I view a log file...?

I did this:
- F2 scan tool
- F1 Data logging
- F2 Display data

and it says "No PIDs selected".

joecar
March 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Also, you can see in my log in post #26 that there are markers all thru the log...

I didn't place them there (I didn't press the Fn or Ctrl-Fn keys).

joecar
March 26th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Also, viewing the live data logging on V2, AFR had no decimal places.

joecar
March 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Looking closer at my log in post #26, the timestamps are all incorrect.

joecar
March 26th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I get the exact same results while logging as 99+ LS1 Manual. It said my car revved to 11900rpm. Hahaha. Something is definitely wrong.

Paul- What else do you need from us to help you troubleshoot?That's what I see when viewing the log file using the scantool... :muahaha:

but when I was recording the log, V2 showed correct values (they showed that my car was at warm idle).

Kevin Doe
March 26th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I had a similar issue with seemingly corrupt files. I noticed that my corrupt files corresponded to the blue LED not flashig while logging data.

I reformatted my SD card and the issue seems to have went away. For the root cause, I have no idea.

joecar
March 26th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Ok, I'm reformatting as I read write this...

Edit: reformatting via the V2 commands, right...?

ChipsByAl
March 26th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Right. Did it work Joe?

Al

Blacky
March 27th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Another question:

Using V2 only, how do I view a log file...?

I did this:
- F2 scan tool
- F1 Data logging
- F2 Display data

and it says "No PIDs selected".

You can't play back a log on FlashScan.
In future it will be available.

The "Display" option just displays real-time PID values without creating or writing to a a log file.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 27th, 2008, 01:03 AM
The corrupt log files is due to a mismatch in the PID definitions of the wide band O2 status PIDs: WO2ST1 and WO2ST2. They are defined as 16 bit values in the PC scan tool and only 8 bit vales in the FlashScan *.pmm files. That causes the PC Scan Tool to read frames 2 bytes too long from the log files which means after the first frame, the data turns to junk (or FlashScan is writing frames 2 bytes too short - depends on your point of view).

I haven't tried yet, but I'm pretty sure if you remove both of those PIDs form the Options.ini file PID list(s), the problem will go away.

I will fix it in the next update.

Regards
Paul

Treurentner
March 27th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Hi Paul,

maybe I have the same problem.
I did a clean install (on a new PC) of V 7.5 and unzipped the latest BB update over the existing files. The previously logged BB files seem corrupted while viewing with EFI live scantool (V7.5.4 build 46), but on the old (not updated) Laptop installation everything is displayed ok.

Regards

Marco

oztracktuning
March 27th, 2008, 02:00 AM
If i try to use this latest update March 26th to look at BB logs captured with the Mar 20th edition they are all garbled on the screen for some reason??

joecar
March 27th, 2008, 04:08 AM
I deleted WO2ST1 and WO2ST2 from Options.ini, I re-logged, and now the scantool correctly displays the log (see attached)...

Altho the scantool shows [Manual].

Also, in Options.ini I replaced AFR with EQIVRATIO, and during logging V2 shows EQIVRATIO units as "V";
it's units should be "EQ" or nothing.... can I change this...?

:cheers:

Blacky
March 27th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I deleted WO2ST1 and WO2ST2 from Options.ini, I re-logged, and now the scantool correctly displays the log (see attached)...

Altho the scantool shows [Manual].

Also, in Options.ini I replaced AFR with EQIVRATIO, and during logging V2 shows EQIVRATIO units as "V";

Yes, you can change it by adding an entry to the *PCU section in Options.ini. Use 1.0 for the factor and 0.0 for the offset since the value should be ok, just the units text needs changing.
Then select "Custom" units display in FlashScan. While logging, "Enter" toggles between Cutom and Metric units.

You can do that for any PID. Using the correct values for factor and offset you can change any PID to be displayed in any custom units that you would like.

I have fixed the units for the next release.

Regards
Paul

joecar
March 27th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Paul,

I was reading thru the files LS1B_A_PIDs.txt and LS1B_M_PIDs.txt and
I noticed that SW1 appears twice instead of SW1 and SW2...
I noticed that V2 shows only SW1.

Cheers,
Joe

Ninety8C5
March 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM

In LS1B_M_PIDs.txt and LS1B_A_PIDs.txt 'EQIVRATIO [2] Equivalence Ratio (V)'. Couldn't the (V) be changed to (AFR) or ()? :nixweiss:

Blacky
March 27th, 2008, 11:10 AM
In LS1B_M_PIDs.txt and LS1B_A_PIDs.txt 'EQIVRATIO [2] Equivalence Ratio (V)'. Couldn't the (V) be changed to (AFR) or ()? :nixweiss:
See post #41 above.
Regards
Paul

joecar
March 27th, 2008, 11:12 AM
In LS1B_M_PIDs.txt and LS1B_A_PIDs.txt 'EQIVRATIO [2] Equivalence Ratio (V)'. Couldn't the (V) be changed to (AFR) or ()? :nixweiss:The .txt files appear to me to be after the fact (and they don't get loaded onto the V2 is a giveaway) for documentive/verification purposes.

Blacky
March 27th, 2008, 11:50 AM
The .txt files appear to me to be after the fact (and they don't get loaded onto the V2 is a giveaway) for documentive/verification purposes.

True, but the text files are generated by the same process that generates the *.pmm files and should contain the exact same data that is in the *.pmm files. So if the units are wrong in the text files then they will be wrong in the *.pmm files.

(Except the previous beta release where there was a bug in the program that generated the text files and some of the units were shown incorrectly in the text file when they were correct in the *.pmm files. There's an exception to every rule.)

Regards
Paul

joecar
March 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
True, but the text files are generated by the same process that generates the *.pmm files and should contain the exact same data that is in the *.pmm files. Oh, similar in concept to a compiler/assembler output listing. ;)

Blacky
March 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Oh, similar in concept to a compiler/assembler output listing. ;)
Yes.

Chuck CoW
March 27th, 2008, 02:03 PM
It is a lot more stable than the early releases, I recommend holding off until we figure out the last few niggly problems. Should be about 2 weeks.

Regards
Paul

Does this mean that we can't/shouldn't try the serial wideband stuff until the next update if we're using it for production work?????

Paul, could I test the BBL/serial WB firmware on my spare V2 and not install it on the V2 with all the STREAMS and just use it for logging???

Right now, my analog inputs 1 & 2 on my main V2 are fried and I currently take both V2s in the car...one for logging and one for flashing.....

Would it be safe to test it on the "logging" V2 so as not to put myself out of business????

I really wanna try this!
Chuck CoW

joecar
March 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Chuck, I would still wait.

joecar
March 27th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Paul,

If I haven't already mentioned this:
- on V2 display, SW2 is not mentioned;
- on scantool PIDs tab, TEMP2 is disabled.

Cougar281
March 27th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Paul, BALRCYL1 is missing from the LLY txt file, and I noticed it didn't appear on the V2 (but 2-8 are there). Just FYI.

joecar
March 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM
If I connect V2 to vehicle with key off, V2 powers on;

then when I turn key on, V2 does not detect any controllers...
how do I get it to detect controllers (other than re-connecting it...?)...?

Otherwise the sequence is to connect V2 to vehicle after key on.

joecar
March 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Build 46 scantool seems to only do one level of calc pids in calc_pids.txt...

i.e. it displays only the calc_pids that do not depend on other calc pids.

Highlander
March 28th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Is Serial WB Data pass thru working?`

Cougar281
March 28th, 2008, 01:29 PM
The V2 doesn't reconnect to the Module it was logging when you start the vehicle again; IIRC, one of the earlier releases did. Also, if paused, it won't unpause once it has lost contact with the module.

joecar
March 28th, 2008, 02:50 PM

i.e. it displays only the calc_pids that do not depend on other calc pids.This is weird... it does this on my PC at work... and on my PC at home it works correctly. :nixweiss:

joecar
March 28th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I forgot to end a log before removing the V2 from the vehicle... so now I can't view that particular log using the scantool, is there a way to "terminate" the log file so it can be viewed...?

Kevin Doe
March 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Absolute Nightmare

Profound! Glad you could take the time out of our busy day to offer your input on issues found in the Beta during your testing.

Highlander
March 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Well so far what I have found is that PIDs for the pass thru are always invalid but this time you can log them and it will transfer data correctly.

The software hangs a lot with "conflicting" drivers (RR+v2) and when the software hangs you simply have to shut down the pc the hard way most of the time because you cannot kill the process... I was using a different laptop today and it was a real pill until I found the drivers it liked, somehow they are different for different computers.

Blacky
March 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Would it be safe to test it on the "logging" V2 so as not to put myself out of business????

I really wanna try this!
Chuck CoW

Yes try the new firmware on your spare V2, so long as you have at least one V2 left on the current firmware.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM
If I connect V2 to vehicle with key off, V2 powers on;

then when I turn key on, V2 does not detect any controllers...
how do I get it to detect controllers (other than re-connecting it...?)...?

Otherwise the sequence is to connect V2 to vehicle after key on.

Hotkey: Ctrl+OK will re-detect protocols and controllers.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 28th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Lots of comments on this thread have been posted, I am making a list of them and will work though them one by one. I will not answer them directly, unless I need more info. I'll just work on fixing them.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
March 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Awesome as always.... thank you paul!

JezzaB
March 28th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Just something with Blackbox logging with the V2 and the latest beta firmware on my twin turbo LS1.

Did a longish log yesterday. Opened it in the latest V7.5.4 Build 44 and got this:

http://www.splitpixel.com.au/temp/BBL_V75.jpg

tried opening it direct from the SD card, copying from EFILive_Explorer and still the same.

Ive got a copy of V7.5.1 Build 32 and if I open it, it thinks for a couple of seconds (as opposed to V7.5.3 which is instantanious) and then the "This has over 3000 frames, etc..." dialog box and I get this:

http://www.splitpixel.com.au/temp/BBL_V7.jpg

Shame coz I logged some Serial WBO2 stuff I want but I cant see it in V7.5.1 but I will keep it until the next software release ;) Ive done shorter logs and they appear fine.

Jez

Highlander
March 28th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Just something with logging with the V2 and the latest beta firmware.

Did a longish log yesterday. Opened it in the latest V7.5.4 Build 44 and got this:

http://www.splitpixel.com.au/temp/BBL_V75.jpg

tried opening it direct from the SD card, copying from EFILive_Explorer and still the same.

Ive got a copy of V7.5.1 Build 32 and if I open it, it thinks for a couple of seconds (as opposed to V7.5.3 which is instantanious) and then the "This has over 3000 frames, etc..." dialog box and I get this:

http://www.splitpixel.com.au/temp/BBL_V7.jpg

Shame coz I logged some Serial WBO2 stuff I want but I cant see it in V7.5.1 but I will keep it until the next software release ;) Ive done shorter logs and they appear fine.

Jez
DITTO... i forgot to mention this.

joecar
March 29th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Absolute Nightmare
Hi 9secVette... :wave:
Actually, it's not a nightmare in any sense of that word... :cheers:

This is beta testing... we didn't hose up our PC/V2/PCM, so it's all going rather well... :cheers: ...

We're BB logging data and we can post some meaningful logs if you care to view them (see attached... this log contains enough information to diagnose a failing bank 1 cat).

Of course, you must understand that if you want to beta test, you have to be prepared to expect the worst and to post up any problems/suggestions; if you or your customers depend on zero downtime, then it's best to wait.

Cheers,
Joe

joecar
March 29th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Jez,
Chris,
Shouldn't you be using build 46...?

Jez,
Your first pic looked just like mine... have you tried what post #37 says: showpost.php?p=66308&postcount=37 (http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=66308&postcount=37)

Edit: oh, do those 2 pids affect how WB is logged...?

(my WB is off my car right now, I'm fixing it's wiring)

Cheers
Joe
:Cheers:

Highlander
March 29th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Nope.. Haven't tried that... actually... didn't read that... hm.. anyways... wb is very important.. I'm glad at least I can log WB Serial data now and to make matters worse... my RR DIES :(

Ninety8C5
March 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
It seems that the latest release does not like the SPARKADV PID for the 19980400 OS. It does not show up on the display data, does not show up in the log and when I display the log it is not a valid PID. It is in the Options.ini file and if I pick a 99+ system it is displayed.

Lennart
March 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Did not read the entire thread but here hare my observations from today (using the March 0326 FW and the latest build) :
- TCM flashing works
- Logging in passthrough works, but selecting the controller was a little odd, had to select with ignition on!
- Clearing DTCs works for all controllers from PC but I was unable to clear B1025 and a Cxxxx DTC standalone.
- BBL did not work, got the message that PID TP was unknown.

Tests were all performed on my 05 LLY Duramax truck.

Cougar281
March 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
FRPACT appears to be missing from the LLY PMM file as well... Just FYI.

dfe1
March 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM
This is probably old news by now, but I had no problems with either pass-through or bb logging a 99+ LS1 PCM. Things seem to run a little quicker than they used to. I'll try a few other processors and let you know the results.

joecar
March 30th, 2008, 06:36 PM
showthread.php?t=7684 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7684)

joecar
March 31st, 2008, 07:18 AM

i.e. it displays only the calc_pids that do not depend on other calc pids.
If I open a log file captured prior to BBL update, then on the PIDs tab I see my calc pids from my calc_pids.txt file.

But, If I open a BBL captured log file, I don't see all my calc pids... I see only the ones that do not depend on other calc pids.

Compare the attached calc.pids.txt file to the attached image of PIDs tab sorted by last column...
the PIDs tab is missing the following pids from the calc_pids.txt file:
CALC.AFR
CALC.EQ
CALC.EQ_WB1
CALC.EQ_WB2
CALC.BEN_WB1
CALC.BEN_WB2

and all of the predefined wideband BEN calc pids are missing also.

:doh2:

joecar
March 31st, 2008, 07:40 AM
All the calc pids that show up in the pids tab do not depend on other calc pids...

CALC.AFR_WB1 and CALC.AFR_WB2 showed up (they depend only on EXT.AD1 and EXT.AD2).

joecar
March 31st, 2008, 07:55 AM
The above was with the March 26 update.

So I then did this (in the sequence shown):
1. copied the March 20 update,
2. copied the March 26 update,

Now it seems that all the valid calc pids from calc_pids.txt show up, but I still don't see the invalid calc pids nor the predefined wideband calc pids.

joecar
March 31st, 2008, 07:57 AM
Oh, I saw your post about collating pids.

Blacky
March 31st, 2008, 08:28 AM
Oh, I saw your post about collating pids.

I think this issue might have a different cause, I've got it on the list of things to investigate... Thanks for the detailed info.
Paul

joecar
March 31st, 2008, 08:55 AM
Paul,

This is weird... it only happens on my laptop... my desktop is perfectly fine...

Blacky
March 31st, 2008, 02:21 PM
but I still don't see the invalid calc pids nor the predefined wideband calc pids.

Its not just a case of one computer has the "Supported" check box checked and the other does not?

Regards
Paul

joecar
March 31st, 2008, 02:33 PM
Its not just a case of one computer has the "Supported" check box checked and the other does not?

Regards
PaulAh, I'll check that, I'm oblivious to the smallest things... :hihi:

joecar
March 31st, 2008, 02:40 PM

Regards
PaulPaul,

Yes that's it... checking "Supported" hides pids that are invalid even if they're invalid due to their dependent pids not being selected.

My eyes have been opened... :cucumber::cucumber::cucumber:

Thanks.
:doh2: <- me

Goldfinger911
March 31st, 2008, 03:04 PM
I thought I had a similar issue, but mine was a typo in my sae_generic.txt file. I put WB02 instead of WBO2 when enabling BEN calulations with the serial WB input.

===
# Innovate LC-1 WBO2
*CLC-00-932
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "({EXT.AD1}*3)+7.62"
*CLC-00-933
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{EXT.WO2AFR1}/{GM.AFR}"
*CLC-00-934
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "({EXT.AD2}*3)+7.62"
*CLC-00-935
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{EXT.WO2AFR2}/{GM.AFR}"
===

oztracktuning
April 1st, 2008, 01:41 AM
I have the messed up screen situation happening with Build 46 on any black box log that is older than the current build. Is there a way to fix this on my end.

joecar
April 1st, 2008, 05:28 AM
I have the messed up screen situation happening with Build 46 on any black box log that is older than the current build. Is there a way to fix this on my end.Steve,

Does your scantool screen look like post #66...?

If so then look at post #37, see if that helps: showthread.php?t=7643&page=4 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7643&page=4)

Cheers
Joe

joecar
April 1st, 2008, 05:42 AM
V2 pid/logging viewing interface suggestion:
could make left/right arrows scroll pids up/down by 8 each time.

EDIT: actually, I meant a screenfull each time.

joecar
April 1st, 2008, 05:51 AM
Scantool suggestion:
when starting the scantool, let it open the last previous opened log file; have an option to enable/disable this.

Blacky
April 1st, 2008, 07:08 AM

Try using page-up and page-down.
Also home/end is first/last.
Shift + any movement will select ranges.

Regards
Paul

Dirk Diggler
April 1st, 2008, 07:32 AM
My flash counters seem to have been corrupted

Calibration on 1536
Full reflash 24064

LOL my cable still has the plastic screen on it and hasnt seen THAT much usage. This is the tuning tool only

Details in cable menu are

Cal only 94
Full Flash 6

Blacky
April 1st, 2008, 07:42 AM
My flash counters seem to have been corrupted

Calibration on 1536
Full reflash 24064

LOL my cable still has the plastic screen on it and hasnt seen THAT much usage. This is the tuning tool only

Details in cable menu are

Cal only 94
Full Flash 6

It's just a bug in the way the EFILive software interprets the values sent from FlashScan. Divide each value by 256 and you will get the right answer.

Edit: Looks like the values are swapped as well :(

Regards
Paul

joecar
April 1st, 2008, 08:36 AM

Regards
PaulAh, it should have been obvious, I don't know what happened... :doh2:

Thanks Paul.

Highlander
April 1st, 2008, 09:05 AM
a fast search for PIDs.. that searches while writing would be awesome!

joecar
April 4th, 2008, 05:45 AM

Regards
Paul
Paul,

That's page up/down on the PC/laptop;

I meant page up/down on the V2 itself
(when displaying pid values during logging)...

Cheers,
Joe
;)

Blacky
April 5th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Paul,

That's page up/down on the PC/laptop;

I meant page up/down on the V2 itself
(when displaying pid values during logging)...

Cheers,
Joe
;)

:doh2: Doh!

I'll add Ctrl+Up/Down for page up/down

Regards
Paul

joecar
April 5th, 2008, 08:58 AM
:doh2: Doh!

I'll add Ctrl+Up/Down for page up/down

Regards
PaulCtrl+up/down sounds good... but will be hard to do with one hand while driving...:angel_innocent:

Blacky
April 5th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Ctrl+up/down sounds good... but will be hard to do with one hand while driving...:angel_innocent:

What about left/right?
Paul

joecar
April 5th, 2008, 09:08 AM
What about left/right?
PaulYes, left/right would be good... :cheers::cheers: ...thanks.

Highlander
April 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM
and a search???

Blacky
April 5th, 2008, 02:42 PM
a fast search for PIDs.. that searches while writing would be awesome!

Not sure what you mean...
Paul

Highlander
April 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM
a small box on the PID tab where I can search for PIDs instead of looking for them myself... as I type a letter it searches for that combo of letters on included pids...

For instance.. if I type gc it will output on the list all the g/cyl and the such

Kevin Doe
April 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM
a small box on the PID tab where I can search for PIDs instead of looking for them myself... as I type a letter it searches for that combo of letters on included pids...

For instance.. if I type gc it will output on the list all the g/cyl and the such

What are you talking about? Why would you have so many parameters in your options.ini file that a search is necessary?

Blacky
April 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM

I guess you mean on the [PIDs] tab page in the Scan software?

When I'm "searching" for PIDs, I just sort the PIDs via the column I'm interested in. For example if I wanted all the airflow PIDs, I'd just click on the Units column heading to sort by units, then scroll to the units that are g/cyl. The same can be done for temperature, speed, etc.

Regards
Paul

joecar
April 6th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Ditto.