PDA

View Full Version : I finnally got my first log file!!! But, now I can't see it through the scan tool

Jasondt2001
March 26th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I got my first log file after I did my update. Thank you SO Much for your help on this you all.
I can't select LBZ auto as the trans pids throw it off, but, I CAN select LBZ manual. I got my first log file and I cant wait to see it.
The problem is, I hook up my flashscan, make sure efi explorer is closed. then start the scan tool.
I then click 'connect' and connect to flashscan only. Then I goto the flashscan drop down on the file bar and the setting for read logged data from flashscan is all greyed out.
Yet the funny thing is, I can get into Flashscan V2 control panel without a problem... please please help.
I can close the scan tool, and then go into the efi explorer and drag it in a directory and then close everything and view it that way in flashscan, but, i cant just plug it into the computer and get/view it threw the scan tool.
Am I doing something wrong?

swingtan
March 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Hi Jason,

the "Connect" option is the Scan tool is to connect to the ECM in "Pass through" mode. It's not to connect to the V2.

To get your log file/s you can either use EFI-Live Explorer to connect to the V2 and copy them to your PC, or if you logged to the SD card, remove the card and read it with a card reader of some sort.

Once you have the log files on your PC, you should be able to "double click" them to open them in the Scan tool.

Simon.

Then again the first part could be all wrong... :D But copying the files manually works for me.

Blacky
March 26th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, what Jason said is correct.

Eventually, when EFILive V8 is released all of that "file copying" will be handled within the Scan Tool software.

For now, you have to copy the log files manually from FlashScan to your PC using EFILive_Explorer.exe, then open them using the File->Open menu option in FlashScan (or double click the log file itself).

Regards
Paul