PDA

View Full Version : WHO HAS .PID and MAP files for ATLAS pcms???

Chuck CoW
March 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hey guys....Bought the Atlas stream today for the Cobalt SS.....

I wanted to be able to do more with it for scanning and stuff....I found it to be different than the V8 stuff I've been working with and I could not accurately log KR....

Does anyone out there mess with these and have some .PID files and some maps that you can make available to me so I don't have to do this from scratch.....?????

Thanks
Chuck CoW

Chuck CoW
July 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM
anyone?

Bruce Melton
August 3rd, 2008, 06:01 AM
I used default dash and pids and was able to run the complete default dash and record but now what? This was a 06 Envoy 4.2 (mine) but not sure what to tune on this thing.. Will it always be boring?

ScarabEpic22
August 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Start by taking like 70-80% of the TM out of the trans, that helps a lot. Lower the shift times and up the line pressures. Before I figured out how to tune the engine just doing trans tuning for a normal 4L60E helps a ton. You can run 0 TM, 0 shift times without problems, the 4.2 doesnt make enough power to kill a 4L60E. Ive been running mine this way for probably 25-30K now with 0 problems.

Also, change the PE delay (cant remember if the P12s have this yet).

Bruce Melton
August 5th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Start by taking like 70-80% of the TM out of the trans, that helps a lot. Lower the shift times and up the line pressures. Before I figured out how to tune the engine just doing trans tuning for a normal 4L60E helps a ton. You can run 0 TM, 0 shift times without problems, the 4.2 doesnt make enough power to kill a 4L60E. Ive been running mine this way for probably 25-30K now with 0 problems.

Also, change the PE delay (cant remember if the P12s have this yet).

Will look into this,
Thanks,
Bruce

Chevy366
August 5th, 2008, 03:02 AM
I have tuned on a couple of P12s , mine and a friends both 06 TB , there is not much to do as of yet , did some to the timing tables , trans and PE .
I have noticed that logging scans that the timing seems odd , one thing is the darn timing axis , they used 128 , 256 , 512 as RPM values , weird .
Seems you get .02 in all the cells when logging KR , again have not gotten into a lot of tuning on one seeing not much to mess with .
I have the TM at 0 (zero) and shift times at 0 (zero) as well , but have not bumped the line pressure .
Have be careful with timing seems it will throw a KR sensor code if to much is done , have had this happen twice .
Rev Limiter raised and 1-2 shift RPM raised , less bog at shift .
I do PE at 1.15 (EQ) , seems to like that value .

Chuck CoW
August 27th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I have tuned on a couple of P12s , mine and a friends both 06 TB , there is not much to do as of yet , did some to the timing tables , trans and PE .
I have noticed that logging scans that the timing seems odd , one thing is the darn timing axis , they used 128 , 256 , 512 as RPM values , weird .
Seems you get .02 in all the cells when logging KR , again have not gotten into a lot of tuning on one seeing not much to mess with .
I have the TM at 0 (zero) and shift times at 0 (zero) as well , but have not bumped the line pressure .
Have be careful with timing seems it will throw a KR sensor code if to much is done , have had this happen twice .
Rev Limiter raised and 1-2 shift RPM raised , less bog at shift .
I do PE at 1.15 (EQ) , seems to like that value .

I've tuned a few Cobalt SSs and I haven't found anyone with maps or pids....

Most especially KR...I'm spooked about doing any more aggressive tuning with no KR maps or pids.....

Anyone?
Chuck CoW

Chevy366
August 27th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I just changed the default KR map to reflect the P12 RPM values , haven't had time to try it but think it will work .
Copy with labels and paste to "column" (RPM) with labels , I think the "row" (Kpa) values are the same .
Might have to make our own MAPs for the P12 , if no one at EFILive picks up on this and includes some for us .
The latest Options.ini has a list of PIDs for the P12 in it .
On a side note , GM did a TB 4.2L with twin turbos , would love to have that .tun for playing with .

Chuck CoW
August 28th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Might have to make our own MAPs for the P12 , if no one at EFILive picks up on this and includes some for us

:angel_innocent:
Chuck CoW