PDA

View Full Version : RR Died today

Highlander
March 29th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I have no idea, but the vette will not start... :( changed PCMs and fired up quickly.

Tried to do many things... but to no avail.. Security light is NOT on. I can read and write through the usb.

Ideas options?

Car started fine yesterday.

TAQuickness
March 29th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Might give Craig a shout

mr.prick
March 29th, 2008, 07:41 AM
did you try a hard re-set?

1) Connect the Roadrunner, and turn the vehicle ignition on or power the PCM on the bench. The PCM must be powered up for this to be effective.

2) Open up the software, and get the EFI Live Roadrunner Control Panel. Make sure the Roadrunner serial number is being displayed.

3) Upload the whole new Operating System and Calibration from the PC *.tun file to the Roadrunner device.

4) Select the "Execute from PCM Flash Memory (if equipped)" option (two chips with arrows in between). This will turn the Roadrunner emulation 'off' in order to blank out the PCM RAM when the memory read faults. The software should display 'Flash' as the mode of operation.

5) Re-select the button, this time selecting the 'Emulation' mode of operation.

6) Turn the key or power to the PCM off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on.

7) If you like, at this point you can open the EFI Live ScanTool software (make sure cable is connected and vehicle is on). You will probably want to scan for codes and DTCs, and clear them all as appropriate.

8) Start the vehicle briefly (1-2 seconds) and then shut power back off. This is primarily to reset the idle relearn, so it typically not an issue with the drive-by-wire configurations.

9) You should now be able to restart the PCM and vehicle, and things should work as expected if you are using a valid *.tun file.

finishline
March 29th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I jinxed you when I sent you my file. All my problems should go away now.;)

Just trying to inject a little humor:)

Highlander
March 29th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Actually.. haven't checked the email yet... and I did try a SIMILAR method.. not like that specifically.. I will follow those.. I did try to switch between the emulation and Flash a couple times and even trying to fire it up... We'll see...

Its so funny...

ls1vt209
November 18th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I have had this exact same problem last night. Was driving along no problem next minute car died and would not fire. Would kick over no problems but just wouldn't fire.

I changed out the RR and put back my original PCM and it fired straight away.

Highlander how did you go with yours did you do a hard reset with any success?

Or does anyone else have a clue as to what might have caused this to happen, I only installed the RR yesterday and until this it worked faultlessly

ls1vt209
November 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Ok have reinstalled the RR into the car after reading some info on here and it would appear it occurred the same time or very close to me plugging in my laptop power supply whilst stopped at a set of lights.

The RR seems to be functioning as it should, so all good for now.

Thanks again for having such an informative forum where amateurs such as myself can come and get good reliable with no BS information.

mr.prick
November 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM
If your RR does not have the flash chip
you won't be able to perform a hard reset the easy way.

You can remove/reinstall the internal battery reset it.

ls1vt209
November 18th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I did not perform any reset at all, just put it back in and vwalla the car started.

I was able to suck the tune out of it so I assumed all was as it should be

TFZ_Z06
November 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I have no idea, but the vette will not start... :( changed PCMs and fired up quickly.

Tried to do many things... but to no avail.. Security light is NOT on. I can read and write through the usb.

Ideas options?

Car started fine yesterday.

FYI ONLY:

If you have experienced wet/raining/washed car etc recently, make sure the RR is dry. I had a problem in that while washing my car, the fans came on. Turns out I had a few teaspoons of water in my RR. Gave it a blow dry and it cranked right up. Maybe not your problem, but keep in mind the RRs really aren't water proof, at least mine isn't.

mr.prick
November 19th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Do you have a hole drilled for mini USB cable?
Some of the came only with the screw in cable and some have a hole
drilled with a mini USB cable plugged into the board.
I bought a waterproof cable gland to seal the mini USB cable's hole.

minytrker
November 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I have had 2 RR die on me over the years, both dies from differnt things. Craig is a really great guy to deal with and took very good care of me. I have had one since they came out and used to use them almost everyday tuning. My 3rd has been working fine for a couple of years, but I always carry a stock pcm in any car when using the RR.