PDA

View Full Version : anyone sell modded tune files?

SimpleManLance
March 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
im looking to buy a modded tune file for my truck. im new to tuning and dont want to take the tuning plung on such a modded motor. i would rather learn to tune on something that is relativly stock like my dads truck. i have V2 so all i need is someone to email me a tune and i can load it.

im looking for a good tunner to send me a modded tune file for my 2000 GMC sierra z71.

mods are:
5.3L stock motor
powerdyne supercharger (6psi)
delphi 42lb injectors
electric fans
4l60E to 80E swap with stock stall
pacesetter headers and ORY with a 3" cutout
3.73 gears
160 stat
255lph fuel pump.

thanks
Lance

southern
March 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM
you should be able to call up a tuner that uses efi live and they should be able to sell you one that should be close enough to drive around but it will not be a dyno tune by no means.

SimpleManLance
March 30th, 2008, 01:11 PM
you should be able to call up a tuner that uses efi live and they should be able to sell you one that should be close enough to drive around but it will not be a dyno tune by no means.

i found a tuner that sells tunes for $60 but he doesn't use EFI live :bad:. thats what made me start this thread. im aware that i wont be getting the same as a dyno tune, but im looking for something i can safely drive the truck and just fine tune it on my own.

thanks for the reply:cheers:

nonnieselman
March 31st, 2008, 09:45 AM
i found a tuner that sells tunes for $60 but he doesn't use EFI live :bad:. thats what made me start this thread. im aware that i wont be getting the same as a dyno tune, but im looking for something i can safely drive the truck and just fine tune it on my own.

thanks for the reply:cheers:

Are you a member of PT.net?

southern
April 1st, 2008, 08:07 AM
ya does wheatley use efi live? if so he would be the one to get a hold of over on pt.net.

SimpleManLance
April 1st, 2008, 08:25 AM
well thankfully nonnieselman is going to help walk me through my tune.:rockon: