PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating AD port

stigmundfreud
March 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Running the latest BB beta and had to do some logging via the AD port. On the previous version I'd noticed some drift so had recalibrated the port.

On the current version I tried to do this but am unable to as when I press initialise it doesnt appear to count the AD input but looking on the data tab I can see the voltage as set for the test.

Seemingly this time no calibration is actually needed as the data tab reports advoltage as 1000mv and 4000mv respectively so there appears to be no drift. But I thought I'd mention the calibration issue anyway.

sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere as I've not found anything

joecar
March 30th, 2008, 06:27 PM
On the current version I tried to do this but am unable to as when I press initialise it doesnt appear to count the AD input but looking on the data tab I can see the voltage as set for the test.Mike, thanks for the feedback... Paul will want to know about that.

Blacky
March 30th, 2008, 07:53 PM
When you press [Initialize], nothing visual is supposed to happen. The only thing that does happen when you press initialize is that the software records the current AD counts for later use when computing the calibration values. When you press [Calibrate] the values on the screen will be updated.

Regards
Paul

stigmundfreud
March 30th, 2008, 09:42 PM
When you press [Initialize], nothing visual is supposed to happen. The only thing that does happen when you press initialize is that the software records the current AD counts for later use when computing the calibration values. When you press [Calibrate] the values on the screen will be updated.

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

on the old version it would show the ad count, on this it didn't which was disconcerting as it felt/looked as nothing was being counted (ad count stayed 0/blank). On the old version if you clicked initialize you would see an AD count, then on calbiration it would show the drift value. Nothing appeared this time. I can try again tonight on say AD4 which I never use and see if I get the same

Blacky
March 30th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Two things to consider...

1. You must have 12V power applied via the OBDII cable, you can't calibrate the A/D inputs with ONLY USB power connected.

2. You must click [Start] to see the A/D values

Regards
Paul

stigmundfreud
March 30th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Two things to consider...

1. You must have 12V power applied via the OBDII cable, you can't calibrate the A/D inputs with ONLY USB power connected.

2. You must click [Start] to see the A/D values

Regards
Paul

yep to both of those points ;) I'll go back tonight and double check. As it happend when I looked on the data tab each time (1000mv and 4000mv) it read constant at those and thats without any changes to my wiring. Before it would be a bit more drift. Has the new version got better sampling on the AD ports?