PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Problems downloading stock tune

dodson914
March 30th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Like the title says I need help recording the stock tune/maps.

I haven't used efi in quite some time and seem to have forgotten how to record the stock settings.

I did what I thought was correct and at the very end a message came up saying there was a problem with something and something about GM may have done something to the ECM. Sorry I can't remember exactly what it said I had to close it to get through the rest and make sure the car would still run.

Another weird thing is it got my VIN correctly, but the engine size is WAY off. It's a 6.0L and is showing up as a 4.6L the rest seems to be correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not sure what all info you guys need from me to be able to help.

The car is an '08 G8 GT. Has the E38 and a 6.0L v8. I am pretty lost at this point. :doh2:

GMPX
March 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM
2008 G8 GT is of course a brand new car. When was the last time you updated the software / firmware (of the V2 unit)?

Cheers,
Ross

dodson914
March 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
It's been a while. I guess I will be downloading the newest version to see if that works. LOL thanks

dodson914
March 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well, it's loading everything again. I am crossing my fingers. It seems to set the ABS light off though. And then a big X comes up still that says contact dealer. I am guessing it's because of the ABS light going off though.

No go :( I am sure it's just user error.

I got a pop up message that said unrecognised pcm (I think that's what it said) and then this underneath.

This version of the EFILive Tuning Tool has not been
configured to display this PCM's operating system.

This may occur if...
your PCM has been updated by a GM dealer
to fix a software problem in the PCM.
OR
you are attempting to load an EFILive custom PCM
program without installing the matching *.cal file.
OR
you are attempting to load a non-EFILive custom PCM program.

Please save this calibration's *.tun file
and email a copy of it to: support@efilive.com
so that we can add support for it.

any ideas what I am doing wrong? Never had this trouble with the diesel.

dodson914
April 1st, 2008, 08:37 AM
bump...

GMPX
April 1st, 2008, 10:59 AM
Just means the version of software you are running does not have the G8 operating system supported.

You need to read this thread -
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5540
The G8 operating system is in those calibrations.

Cheers,
Ross

dodson914
April 6th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Just means the version of software you are running does not have the G8 operating system supported.

You need to read this thread -
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5540
The G8 operating system is in those calibrations.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks so much! I was beginning to think I was gonna be stuck buying HPTuners software. :bad: