PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about PID Descriptions...

JR_VETTE
March 31st, 2008, 07:19 AM
If a PID isn't shown in the PID Description file (for example, APCYL_M / APCYL_DMA or whatever it's supposed to be), is it not available yet for BB Scanning?

For example, E67_PIDs.txt doesn't have a APCYL_DMA entry, so am I correct to assume it's not available yet?

I'm still learning. Hell, I'm lucky I got this far. I just started using my V2 yesterday, and didn't waste anytime upgrading to BBL beta. :rotflmao: I am very pleased so far. Cool stuff for sure.

Blacky
March 31st, 2008, 08:49 AM
The PID descriptions (and their matching *.pmm files) will be updated in the next release. I found a fault in one of our internal validation programs that caused a number of PIDs to be missed when collating the supported PID lists.

Actually last night and today, we are redoing the collating and double checking it by hand. Tedious and mind numbingly boring...

But to answer the question, yes the PID description file shows exactly the same PIDs as the *.pmm file for that controller. If it's not in the description file, then it is not available in BBL. That's not to say a PID is unsupported because it is not in the list. It may be supported, just we haven't added it yet. The next update will clear up some of the "missing PIDs" problems.

Regards
Paul

JR_VETTE
March 31st, 2008, 08:52 AM
The PID descriptions (and their matching *.pmm files) will be updated in the next release. I found a fault in one of our internal validation programs that caused a number of PIDs to be missed when collating the supported PID lists.

Actually last night and today, we are redoing the collating and double checking it by hand. Tedious and mind numbingly boring...

But to answer the question, yes the PID description file shows exactly the same PIDs as the *.pmm file for that controller. If it's not in the description file, then it is not available in BBL. That's not to say a PID is unsupported because it is not in the list. It may be supported, just we haven't added it yet. The next update will clear up some of the "missing PIDs" problems.

Regards
Paul
Thanks for the quick response (once again!). Looking forward to the next beta release. Overall, I am very impressed with V2. Keep up the good work guys.

Where do I send the pot of Coffee? :hihi: