PDA

View Full Version : Auto VE'd...MAF tuned...going lean in CL???

hquick
April 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Hi All,
As the title suggests....
I did the autoVE (ages ago) and I have jut finished tuning my MAF via the same method..all using RTACS.
When I re-enable the trims it goes extremely lean.
I've just read 10 pages of threads looking for a difinitive answer but no luck.
Can anyone steer me in the correct direction?

Thanks

dfe1
April 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Are you sure the stoic setting (B3601) didn't get whacked? Or anything else that establishes trim? The simplistic answer is that if long term fuel trims are causing the AFR to go lean, something is telling the system to move in that direction-- like a stoic ration set to 15:1. Another possible cause is excess fuel in the exhaust system-- let's say a leaky injector-- causing the O2 senor to "see" a rich condition that doesn't exist. I assume that the O2 sensors are toggling properly and that no trouble codes are setting. Also, are you using the original narrow band sensors or pulling a narrow band signal off of a wide band?

hquick
April 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Well....I just started getting a P0300 and P0304 code yesterday?
What should stoich be set to? Is there a standard accepted number. Mine is set at 14.73.
I'm using the original NB sensors and have the extra bung welded in for my WB.
The cylinder 4 code is in the opposite bank to the wideband and the wideband shows 18+ when I enable CL.
Thanks for your thoughts.

hquick
April 6th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Just noticed I have cat overtemp protection enabled. Could be part of the issue?

dfe1
April 7th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Just noticed I have cat overtemp protection enabled. Could be part of the issue?
Converter overtemp typically comes into play only under wide open/heavy throttle application, and usually results in a commanded AFR of around 11.7:1