PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to setup PE VS RPM?

BowlingSS
July 31st, 2005, 10:59 AM
I have just finished my SD Tuning and getting my VE Table setup. Now I need to setup PE-RPM. What is the best way to setup PE VS RPM? Should I just have it flat all the way accross. What should I set it up for? I have read different views and wanted a current view.
Thanks,
Bill

GMPX
July 31st, 2005, 11:17 AM
Not sure what the 'magic' number is to aim for, but Ben at EFI University once told me something and I proved it to myself what he said on the dyno one night.....but then you need to do he's course to find out more :)

Having said that, I am running WOT at 12.3:1 AFR, that's what I aimed for and it runs just fine, mind you I would call that a street tune, those chasing every last tenth down the 1/4mile might aim for 13.0:1.

Cheers,
Ross

BowlingSS
July 31st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Not sure what the 'magic' number is to aim for, but Ben at EFI University once told me something and I proved it to myself what he said on the dyno one night.....but then you need to do he's course to find out more :)

Having said that, I am running WOT at 12.3:1 AFR, that's what I aimed for and it runs just fine, mind you I would call that a street tune, those chasing every last tenth down the 1/4mile might aim for 13.0:1.

Cheers,
Ross

Is your table flat all the way accross?

Bill

GMPX
July 31st, 2005, 11:53 AM

Cheers,
Ross

Is your table flat all the way accross?

Bill

Bill, I've been running a new custom O.S for a while now that has no P.E mode!!, but thinking back I think I started at about 13.0 upto about 2500RPM then went richer to the low 12's. You really need to play with that on a dyno to see what the engine likes.

Cheers,
Ross

daveb
July 31st, 2005, 01:09 PM
Why has the PE mode been taken out, is their a new funky way to manage AFR under differing conditions?

GMPX
July 31st, 2005, 01:18 PM
Why has the PE mode been taken out, is their a new funky way to manage AFR under differing conditions?

Yes, a new full RPM vs MAP AFR table. ANY AFR at ANY RPM/LOAD. You can still use P.E mode, but using this table there is no need for it.

Cheers,
Ross

daveb
July 31st, 2005, 01:39 PM
excellent, so we will be able to richen idle for larger cams now

I was trying to work out how to do that as mine idles smoother at 14.2 than stoich.

I am now looking even more forard to this release, will it coincide with the next upgrade this week?

GMPX
July 31st, 2005, 04:14 PM
excellent, so we will be able to richen idle for larger cams now

I was trying to work out how to do that as mine idles smoother at 14.2 than stoich.

I am now looking even more forard to this release, will it coincide with the next upgrade this week?

Yes, Yes and Yes :D

Cheers,
Ross

BowlingSS
August 1st, 2005, 10:33 AM
What does everyone think about the chart below:
AFR Info
Here is a chart that I have that should give you some insight into what standards are for lean cruise etc...

9.0:1 BLACK SMOKE (NO POWER)

11.5:1 RICH BEST TORQUE @ WOT

12.2:1 SAFE BEST POWER @ WOT

13.3:1 LEAN BEST TORQUE @ WOT

14.6:1 STOCHIMETRIC AFR ( CHEMICALLY CORRECT )

Is B3618 the only table I need to change? What about B3605? I am testing with a LC-1 WB.
Thanks,
Bill

87gmc
August 2nd, 2005, 08:15 AM

Yes, a new full RPM vs MAP AFR table. ANY AFR at ANY RPM/LOAD. You can still use P.E mode, but using this table there is no need for it.

Cheers,
Ross

So Ross we will be able to lean it out or richin it anywhere we like? Tweek it for better mileage?

GMPX
August 2nd, 2005, 10:10 AM
So Ross we will be able to lean it out or richin it anywhere we like? Tweek it for better mileage?

Yes, all without needing to bypass GM's lean cruise blocker on US vehicles.

Cheers,
Ross

87gmc
August 2nd, 2005, 02:33 PM

Yes, all without needing to bypass GM's lean cruise blocker on US vehicles.

Cheers,
Ross

Ross when is the release of the new custom coming out?