PDA

View Full Version : BBL Status Update April 07

Blacky
April 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM
The problems that have delayed this next update have been resolved.:fluffy:

The next release had been packaged and is being tested internally here at EFILive. If all goes well with that test it will be available in the next 24 hours, or sooner if we are satisfied with the testing.

I've attached the "new features and bug fixes" document so you know what to expect when it is released.

Please note, this next update will require a boot block update. The firmware will also have a version number increase and that means once it is programmed into the FlashScan device you will not be able to "down-grade" to a a previous boot block or firmware version.

Regards
Paul

Kevin Doe
April 6th, 2008, 10:15 PM
In your Bug Fixes section of build 47 you do not specifically add that you've enabled GM.EOPS to be logged in the scan tool. Previously you stated that some lines were commented out or something like that. Has this been fixed in build 47?

The bootblock update is only for first time beta testers right? If we've already done that we're fine, correct? Also, will a firmware update be required if we're upgrading from the build 46 beta? Which firmware and bootblock versions should we be using with build 47?

vxleather
April 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Blacky once the Beta is finsihed I gather there will then be a official release with a manual on "how to BBL" and so on.. for us plebs who know little..

Cougar281
April 7th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I think the Boot Block update will be required wether you're running the Beta BBL firmware or not (At least that's how I read it).

Blacky
April 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM
In your Bug Fixes section of build 47 you do not specifically add that you've enabled GM.EOPS to be logged in the scan tool. Previously you stated that some lines were commented out or something like that. Has this been fixed in build 47?

That was mentioned in the build 46 release notes. It has been re-tested in Build 47.

The bootblock update is only for first time beta testers right? If we've already done that we're fine, correct? Also, will a firmware update be required if we're upgrading from the build 46 beta? Which firmware and bootblock versions should we be using with build 47?

Everyone will need to upgrade their boot block to V2.5.06

Folks still using the old V2.4.x boot block will first need to make sure they have firmware 2.4.70 installed, then run the boot block update included in the V2.4.70 firmware. That updates the boot block from V2.4.x to V2.5.4. That boot block version can run ALL firmware up to and including V2.5.15.

With this new release comes a new boot block V2.5.6 which can run firmware versions 2.5.16 and above.

You need to update your V2.5.4 boot block to V2.5.6 BEFORE attempting to install the V2.5.16 firmware.

That will all be explained in the Readme_First.pdf file that will be part of the download.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Blacky once the Beta is finsihed I gather there will then be a official release with a manual on "how to BBL" and so on.. for us plebs who know little..

Yes, the official public release will be an installable and documented release.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
April 7th, 2008, 11:57 AM
When can we download this?

Thanks

Kevin Doe
April 7th, 2008, 01:36 PM
That was mentioned in the build 46 release notes. It has been re-tested in Build 47.

Paul

I saw it in the build 46 release notes, however it did not work with build 46. If you recall this thread you will remember what I'm talking about..
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7646&page=2

Specifically my post 12 - http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=66382&postcount=12

Your post 14 - http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=66388&postcount=14

Are you saying that you fixed the line of code that filtered out GM.EOPS in build 47 and it now works?

Blacky
April 7th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I saw it in the build 46 release notes, however it did not work with build 46. If you recall this thread you will remember what I'm talking about..
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7646&page=2

Specifically my post 12 - http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=66382&postcount=12

Your post 14 - http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=66388&postcount=14

Are you saying that you fixed the line of code that filtered out GM.EOPS in build 47 and it now works?

Oh, ok I see what you mean. Yes it is fixed, I just tested it this morning. Attached is a log of the EOPS PID that was recorded using BB Logging.
It shows EOPS as V, and calcualted EOP as kPa and psi.

The calc_pids file is shown below showing how to convert the EOPS voltage to kpa and/or psi.

# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"

# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*CLC-00-001
kPa 0.0 1000.0 .1 "{GM.EOPS}*220.625-110.3125"
psi 0.0 150.0 .1 "{GM.EOPS}*32-16"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.EOP F000 CLC-00-001 "kPa,psi" Conditions "Engine Oil Pressure"

Regards
Paul

dfe1
April 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Just read through the release notes and didn't notice any mention of V2 not going into standby mode, since the last update. I don't know if that's a widespread problem or if I've caught Ira-itis"

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Just read through the release notes and didn't notice any mention of V2 not going into standby mode, since the last update. I don't know if that's a widespread problem or if I've caught Ira-itis"

Standby?
Do you mean low power mode (i.e. screen off after a set time) or dead poll mode (two orange flashing LEDs after upgrading bootblock)?

Regards
Paul

dfe1
April 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Standby?
Do you mean low power mode (i.e. screen off after a set time) or dead poll mode (two orange flashing LEDs after upgrading bootblock)?

Regards
Paul
Low power mode. I have it set to 5 minutes. I left it connected, walked away for at least 20 minutes and the screen was still on. Prior to the 3/26 update, low power worked properly.

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Low power mode. I have it set to 5 minutes. I left it connected, walked away for at least 20 minutes and the screen was still on. Prior to the 3/26 update, low power worked properly.

I'll look into it :(
Paul