PDA

View Full Version : How to get to the frames you want

kjhansen
April 7th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Well, I took the plunge and bought V4, Pro. Lots of good information from the car, but I have several questions.
1) Once you've recorded and are reviewing the information, isn't there a way to skip ahead to the frames you want? Fifteen minutes of data is a lot to scan through to get to the last 5 minutes--every time!
2) I have a 1994 Pontiac Bonneville, SSEi. I'm getting some weird readings, and it stores the information under the name GTP, which is the turbocharged engine as opposed to the SSEi which has the supercharged L67. There doesn't seem to be another XML file for the SSEi though (both are apparently VIN 1). I think the 1994 and 1995 are the same as far as codes and data though, and the dashboard shows "sc boost" (for supercharger boost I assume), so it may not make a difference.
3) Speaking of that, the data stream shows sc boost at 100% all the time, even when idling. The boost/vacuum gauge on the dash seems to be accurate, so whatever sensor is reading boost is apparently working.
Any help appreciated.

Keith

Blacky
April 7th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Save the data, then re-open the saved file that will plot the entire file for review.

The xml file you are using is for both turbo and sc applications.

The "SC BOOST" PID is the commanded boost duty cycle. 100% means it is commanding the maximum amount of boost. It is not the actual boost psi.

The MAF PID (Mass Air Flow) is probably the only reliable PID that can provide any indication of boost.

I'm not sure how the boost gauge you have on the dash works, it may be hardwired directly to a pressure gauge in the manifold. There appears to be no manifold pressure PID in the data stream for those engines.

You can double-check over the original datastream info that the xml file was built from. See the file A221.ds from the ALDLstuff.zip here: ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/

Regards
Paul

kjhansen
April 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I found the .DS files (went to the web site, downloaded the .zip file, unzipped it), but how do you look at them?
As I understand it, to look at a specific frame or time in EFIN Live V4, you let the entire file run, then you can look at the charts. You can't move one frame at a time through the ALDL data or the dashboard data, other than as they run normally, i.e., I can't stop the data flow and go backwards through the ALDL data to find a certain point. True?

Keith

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Hold the left mouse button down and move left-right over the charted data to see the values at that point in the chart.

Regards
Paul

kjhansen
April 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Paul, thanks. That gives you the data that's on the chart page. Is there anyway to specifiy, find, and look through ALDL data one frame at a time? Back and forth?
Keith

Blacky
April 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Paul, thanks. That gives you the data that's on the chart page. Is there anyway to specifiy, find, and look through ALDL data one frame at a time? Back and forth?
Keith

Only via the left mouse button in the V4 version of EFILive.

We are working on merging ALDL logging with the next version of EFILive (version 8). That will give you a lot more options and control over viewing and analyzing data.

Regards
Paul