PDA

View Full Version : BB Logging beta update: April 07, 2008

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM
This BBL update has been removed due to a potential failure of FlashScan units.
DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR FLASHSCAN UNIT TO BOOT BLOCK VERSION V2.05.06

PLEASE NOTE!!!!!!!!!!! When you download this zip and go to install the firmware, YOU MUST INSTALL THE BOOT BLOCK UPDATE V2.05.06(0407) FIRST on your V2! Failure to do so will make your V2 unit not talk to EFILive Hapi and will not work.. Then after you install the boot block update you can continue to install the Firmware. But only after the boot block update.

ALSO Do not do full flashing of a new custom os for the pcms/ecms. There is a known bug that wont allow the computer to be seen while the cal segment is empty. Fix will be soon.

Download here: Download is no longer available
This download includes and supercedes the previous (March 26) download.

Please read the Readme_First.pdf file included in the zip file.
It contains important, updated information about how to upgrade the boot block in your FlashScan and/or AutoCal devices.

Make sure you update your FlashScan (and/or AutoCal) firmware and boot block using the latest firmware file(s) in the EFILive_Hapi folder.

Please read the first posts in the March 20 and March 26 releases so that you are aware of the previous versions' pre-requisites.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7643
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7566

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
April 8th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Alright , found it this time . :doh2:

Ninety8C5
April 8th, 2008, 04:41 AM
i think there is a typo in the Readme_First.pdf file. On page 8, Step 6 item 3 it says to "Check that the Boot-block Version is 2.05.04". If we just updated the Boot block in step 5, item 4 to V2.5.06, shouldn't that be what we see?

I just want to be sure, I don't make a mistake. :doh2:

Chevy366
April 8th, 2008, 04:48 AM
I've got a window that is asking me for a password to continue .
"File EFILive _Tune.exe" is password protected .Please enter the password in the box below .

I un-zipped the file to \Program Files\EFILive\ (overwrite existing files) , clicked "yes to all" , process started and got almost finished and again was asked if I wanted to overwrite a file , EFILive_Tune.exe I answered "yes to all" again , and was presented with a Password needed box .
Do I skip file or what ?

TAQuickness
April 8th, 2008, 04:54 AM
GM - I had that happen to me once upon a time ago. Turned out to be a corrupted zip file and I had to re-download the file.

Chevy366
April 8th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Thanks TAQ ,
Just DLed again , get the same Password needed box , at the same point in the process .
Here is what gives me the Password needed "File V7.5\EFILive_Tune.exe is either a read only , system , or hidden file. Would you like to replace the existing file."
If I skip , I get another Password needed for "obdiiV7.dll" .

Ninety8C5
April 8th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I don't know if this is your problem or not, but right click on your zip file and go to 'Properties'. You might see a button label "Unblock". If you do click the button and then the "Apply" button.

After that you should be able to unzip the file without the warning messages. I think that started on my PC and laptop after an update to XP.

Mine worked fine after doing the above.

Chevy366
April 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Just DLed with the tuning laptop (used just for tuning) to it and it worked this time , maybe something was getting lost between transferring the data from one laptop to a SD card then to a different laptop . :throw:

dc_justin
April 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hey Paul,

Still seeing the bug I emailed you about on the T42 controller. All base pressure tables are showing max values. Opening the tune file up in 7.5.3 shows the correct values.

Justin

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Yes you are right, it should say "Check that the Boot-block Version is 2.05.06".
Thanks for finding it, I'll get the doco updated.
Paul

i think there is a typo in the Readme_First.pdf file. On page 8, Step 6 item 3 it says to "Check that the Boot-block Version is 2.05.04". If we just updated the Boot block in step 5, item 4 to V2.5.06, shouldn't that be what we see?

I just want to be sure, I don't make a mistake. :doh2:

swingtan
April 8th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hi Paul,

Just a question re: the options file specifically for the Holden E38 PCM.

In all the updates now, the default config section for the E38 is set to "PSL_LS2" and I'm guessing that this is shared with all E40 based PCM's as well. The thing is that the Holden E38 does not use the same PID's as the E40 and I'm guessing the US based E38.

Is this correct? At the moment I'm creating a new "PSL_E38" section for the Holden E38 ( as I'm unlikely ever to see a US based one ) and just setting the PID's to the ones that work for me. I'm guessing the other Aust. based testers are also doing this if in fact there are PID differences between the AU and US based controllers.

Simon

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Yes, that is exactly right.

The Options.ini file included with the beta release is just a sample. It is meant to be customized to suit your own needs.

In the released version there will be a nice drag and drop interface for configuring the contents of the Options.ini file.

But for now, just edit it to create the various PID lists for just the vehicle types that you will be using.

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Just a question re: the options file specifically for the Holden E38 PCM.

In all the updates now, the default config section for the E38 is set to "PSL_LS2" and I'm guessing that this is shared with all E40 based PCM's as well. The thing is that the Holden E38 does not use the same PID's as the E40 and I'm guessing the US based E38.

Is this correct? At the moment I'm creating a new "PSL_E38" section for the Holden E38 ( as I'm unlikely ever to see a US based one ) and just setting the PID's to the ones that work for me. I'm guessing the other Aust. based testers are also doing this if in fact there are PID differences between the AU and US based controllers.

Simon

swingtan
April 8th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Cool, I thought as much. I'll just continue keeping a backup of my current file for now. Keep up the good work.

Simon

Ninety8C5
April 8th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I went to update to the latest release and after selecting Boot Block version FSBootV2_05_06(0407), I checked the Bootblock box and push program.

i got an error that I think was 0101 and now the V2 just has the two orange LED flashing back and forth.

HELP!

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Paul,

Should the 80 say 128 instead...?

; Alarm: Is 5 ":" seperated fields:
; min: Minimum value, below which the alarm will sound.
; max: Maximum value, above which the alarm will sound.
; style: Is one of:
; 0 = No sound, No LEDs
; 1 = Low pitch
; 2 = Medium Pitch
; 3 = High Pitch
; 4 = Very high Pitch
; 16 = Illuminate LED 1
; 32 = Illuminate LED 2
; 48 = Illuminate LED 3
; 64 = Illuminate LED 4
; 80 = Illuminate LED 5
; Add Pitch and LED values together to enable audio and visual alarms.
; For example, for Medium Pitch and LED 4, use 2+64 = 66
; time: Time (in 10ms increments) for which alarm will be sounded.
; hold: Time (in seconds) for which the displayed value will be frozen (not implemented yet).

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Paul,
Should the 80 say 128 instead...?

Umm, yeah!!!:doh2: Hex shmex who can keep track.
Paul

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Paul,

From EFILive Explorer, Date/Time tab, doing Set Date/TIme or Set Now spins for a few moments and then comes back with Error $0101.

On the Scan Files tab I can copy log files to/fro ok.
On the Config Files tab I can copy config files to/fro ok.

Cheers,
Joe

lakingslayer
April 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I took a couple logs on my LLY. I can now log all my PID's so thanks for the effort to fix this. I noticed that some of my minimum data points seem to be off. I've attached a screenshot with the ones circled I am seeing an issue with. I only am using DSP#2 of my DSP5 OS in this log. I started the log after the truck was running and also took two logs and each log has the same issue.

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I took a couple logs on my LLY. I can now log all my PID's so thanks for the effort to fix this. I noticed that some of my minimum data points seem to be off. I've attached a screenshot with the ones circled I am seeing an issue with. I only am using DSP#2 of my DSP5 OS in this log. I started the log after the truck was running and also took two logs and each log has the same issue.

Can you send the (*.efi) log file to me at paul@efilive.com
Thanks.
Paul

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
From EFILive Explorer, Date/Time tab, doing Set Date/TIme or Set Now spins for a few moments and then comes back with Error $0101.

Can you capture/save a trace (*.rtf) from EFILive_Hapi that shows the coms after you click on the time button?

P.S. It works ok on the test unit here.

Thanks
Paul

ScarabEpic22
April 8th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I just updated my V2, and after I copy the P10_A.pmm and P10_M.pmm (BTW GM never released a manual for the P10 FWIW) I get nothing in the F1 Select Vehicle section. Tried copying the LS1B_A.pmm and still get nothing. However, I dont have my V2 connected to my TrailBlazer, dont know if Im allowed to select before Im connected or not. Im using internal memory, no SD card handy.

Oh, and the bootblock/firmware upgrade took less than a minute and was flawless on my end. Can copy files to/from easily too.

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I just updated my V2, and after I copy the P10_A.pmm and P10_M.pmm (BTW GM never released a manual for the P10 FWIW) I get nothing in the F1 Select Vehicle section. Tried copying the LS1B_A.pmm and still get nothing. However, I dont have my V2 connected to my TrailBlazer, dont know if Im allowed to select before Im connected or not. Im using internal memory, no SD card handy.

Oh, and the bootblock/firmware upgrade took less than a minute and was flawless on my end. Can copy files to/from easily too.

Are you copying the Options.ini file to the [Config] tab page? I've been caught a few times copying it to the [Scan] or [Tune] tab pages - that will cause no vehicle options to show up.

You don't need to be connected to select a vehicle - so long as the Options.ini file is in place.

Glad the boot block update worked. Two have failed so far. I won't know what the problem was until I get them back here for dissection.

Regards
Paul

bballer182
April 8th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I went to update to the latest release and after selecting Boot Block version FSBootV2_05_06(0407), I checked the Bootblock box and push program.

i got an error that I think was 0101 and now the V2 just has the two orange LED flashing back and forth.

HELP!

I think I'm in the same boat as this guy. Is there any way to recover? Explorer does not see it being connected.

HELP!

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Can you capture/save a trace (*.rtf) from EFILive_Hapi that shows the coms after you click on the time button?

Paul, here is the trace file attached...

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
My PCM emitted DTC P0420...

I read it ok with V2 BBL, saved all diagnotics to file (see attached)... FF1 seems to be a copy of FF0.

The FF's in the attached file contain a line that says "$119E=$8B".

Then I went to clear DTC's and V2 said "Error $0281"...
the MIL went out at the same time...
I went to reread the DTC's but they were cleared, so V2 must have cleared the DTC.

Edit: I corrected my typos.

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
- Page up/down (using left/right arrows) works good.
- Units for EQ ratio has been fixed ("EQR").
- logged DYNCYLAIR_DMA shows up in the scantool.

Edit: I added the 3rd line.

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
FUELSYS logged correct value ok on V2, but scantool shows value "unknown" thru-out.

FTC is ok.

Scantool still shows [Manual] for LS1B_A logs from V2.

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
The LED's don't seem to do what the the alarm bits specify, altho the alarm sounds ok.

; 0 = No sound, No LEDs
; 1 = Low pitch
; 2 = Medium Pitch
; 3 = High Pitch
; 4 = Very high Pitch
; 16 = Illuminate LED 1
; 32 = Illuminate LED 2
; 48 = Illuminate LED 3
; 64 = Illuminate LED 4
; 128 = Illuminate LED 5
; hold: Time (in seconds) for which the displayed value will be frozen (not implemented yet).

JAY4SPEED
April 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Paul,

I performed the most recent bootblock and firmware update flawlessly. However, I keep getting error $0194 when copying to the config file in efilive explorer for BB logging. I format under the config files tab as usual after a firmware update. I select all the files in the explorer tree under efilive/V8/EFILive_Hapi/Config and drag them all into the bottom window. Everything is fine until it tries to copy T43-A.pmm and then it flashes error $0194. I've attached a trace file. Thanks for any help.

Jay

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Paul, I edited post #25 to correct typos.

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I think I'm in the same boat as this guy. Is there any way to recover? Explorer does not see it being connected.

HELP!

There is no recovery if EFILive_Explorer cannot see the FlashScan unit.

Please send it back to Fish Tuning to be reprogrammed manually.
Contact details for Fish Tuning are on our resellers web page.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
April 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Paul,

I just tried some logging on the E38 using the DMA Pids. As soon as I try to log data or display data I get the following message...

Node: ECM
PID: APCYL_M
is not supported,
please de-select it.

Did the DMA PID's change names again? I checked the PID description file and it seems to be correct.

Simon

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Paul,

I performed the most recent bootblock and firmware update flawlessly. However, I keep getting error $0194 when copying to the config file in efilive explorer for BB logging. I format under the config files tab as usual after a firmware update. I select all the files in the explorer tree under efilive/V8/EFILive_Hapi/Config and drag them all into the bottom window. Everything is fine until it tries to copy T43-A.pmm and then it flashes error $0194. I've attached a trace file. Thanks for any help.

Jay

My guess is you're copying too many files and filling up the CONFIG file system (its not very big). I can see old *.pmm files that should have been deleted. I recommend deleting ALL *.pmm files from the Config folder on the PC. Then re-extract them from the latest zip file. Then you'll have just the latest set of files - without old files from previous releases.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Hi Paul,

I just tried some logging on the E38 using the DMA Pids. As soon as I try to log data or display data I get the following message...

is not supported,
please de-select it.

Did the DMA PID's change names again? I checked the PID description file and it seems to be correct.

Simon

It should be ok, what operating system is your E38 controller running?
Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 8th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Paul, here is the trace file attached...

When you send a new time to FlashScan, if that new time differs from FlashScan's time by more than 1 second it will update the flash memory with the new time.

When you attempted to update the date.time did the blue LED come on? (i.e. indicating that it was updating the flash with the new time)
If it did, it may be that it took longer than 5 seconds to write the new time to the flash memory (although I can't think why it would take that long).

Regards
Paul

JAY4SPEED
April 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
My guess is you're copying too many files and filling up the CONFIG file system (its not very big). I can see old *.pmm files that should have been deleted. I recommend deleting ALL *.pmm files from the Config folder on the PC. Then re-extract them from the latest zip file. Then you'll have just the latest set of files - without old files from previous releases.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, works great now!:)

swingtan
April 8th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
April 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Are you copying the Options.ini file to the [Config] tab page? I've been caught a few times copying it to the [Scan] or [Tune] tab pages - that will cause no vehicle options to show up.

You don't need to be connected to select a vehicle - so long as the Options.ini file is in place.

Glad the boot block update worked. Two have failed so far. I won't know what the problem was until I get them back here for dissection.

Regards
Paul

Oops, havent been copying the Options.ini file, just the 2 *.pmm ones. :doh2:Ill try that tomorrow.

joecar
April 9th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Do we need to copy all the .pmm files to the Config tab, or can we just copy the one(s) that pertain to 1 vehicle (e.g. LS1B_A.pmm)...?

Edit: see my Options.ini file in my next post #40...

joecar
April 9th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Paul,

On the V2 menu, instead of saying "Select Vehicle" it should say "Select PID List".

For example, in my Options.ini you will see that I have different pid lists for the same vehicle:

; __________________________________________________ _____________________
; | |
; | Copyright © 1999-2007 |
; | EFILive Limited |
; | web: http://www.efilive.com |
; | email: info@efilive.com |
; |_________________________________________________ ______________________|
;
; Modifications
; __________________________________________________ _______________________
; Version | When | Who | Why
; 8.0 | 2007-Feb-16 | PSB | Created file
;
*VEHICLES
;
;Vehicle selection list
;----------------------
;
; Cap1 and Cap2 form the "on-screen" display option from which the user may select.
; Controllers lists 1 or 2 "&" seperated pid memory map (*.pmm) files.
; PSL is the PID Selection defined later in this file
; PCU is the PID Custom Units defined later in this file
;
;Cap1 Cap2 Controllers (Engine&Trans) PSL PCU
;------- -------- -------------------------- ---------- --------
A->, O2S, LS1B_A.pmm, PSL_A, PCU
B->, LTFT, LS1B_A.pmm, PSL_B, PCU
C->, TRANS, LS1B_A.pmm, PSL_C, PCU
D->, LOOP, LS1B_A.pmm, PSL_D, PCU

;
; PID Selection List
; ----------------------
;
; Node: Is one of PCM, ECM or TCM (use "-" for external PIDs).
; PIDs: Is one or more "|" seperated PID names. The first valid PID will be used.
; 0 = No sound, No LEDs
; 1 = Low pitch
; 2 = Medium Pitch
; 3 = High Pitch
; 4 = Very high Pitch
; 16 = Illuminate LED 1
; 32 = Illuminate LED 2
; 48 = Illuminate LED 3
; 64 = Illuminate LED 4
; 128 = Illuminate LED 5
;

*PSL_A
;
;Node PIDs (pid1|pid2|...|pidn) Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)
;---- -------------------------- -----------------------------------------
PCM, TP
PCM, DYNCYLAIR_M
PCM, MAF
PCM, DYNAIR
PCM, GEAR
PCM, ECT, -40:110:97:1:0
PCM, RPM
PCM, EQIVRATIO
PCM, HO2S11
PCM, HO2S12
PCM, HO2S21
PCM, HO2S22
PCM, SPARKADV
PCM, IAT
PCM, MAP
PCM, KR, 0:2:147:1:0
PCM, TCCMODE
PCM, MFTOTAL
PCM, VSS
-, WO2ST1
-, WO2ST2
-, WO2LAM1
-, WO2LAM2
-, WO2AFR1
-, WO2AFR2

*PSL_B
;
PCM, TP
PCM, MAF
PCM, GEAR
PCM, RPM
PCM, EQIVRATIO
PCM, HO2S11
PCM, HO2S21
PCM, SPARKADV
PCM, IBPW1
PCM, IBPW2
PCM, IAT
PCM, MAP
PCM, LONGFT1
PCM, LONGFT2
PCM, TCCMODE
PCM, MFTOTAL
PCM, VSS
-, WO2ST1
-, WO2ST2
-, WO2LAM1
-, WO2LAM2
-, WO2AFR1
-, WO2AFR2

*PSL_C
;
PCM, TP
PCM, DYNCYLAIR_M
PCM, MAF
PCM, GEAR
PCM, RPM
PCM, EQIVRATIO
PCM, HO2S11
PCM, HO2S21
PCM, SPARKADV
PCM, IAT
PCM, MAP
PCM, SHIFTLAST
PCM, LONGFT1
PCM, LONGFT2
PCM, TFMPRS
PCM, TCCMODE
PCM, MFTOTAL
PCM, VSS
-, WO2ST1
-, WO2ST2
-, WO2LAM1
-, WO2LAM2
-, WO2AFR1
-, WO2AFR2

*PSL_D
;
PCM, TP
PCM, MAF
PCM, GEAR
PCM, RPM
PCM, EQIVRATIO
PCM, FTC
PCM, FUELSYS
PCM, HO2S11
PCM, HO2S21
PCM, SPARKADV
PCM, IAT
PCM, MAP
PCM, LONGFT1
PCM, LONGFT2
PCM, TFMPRS
PCM, TCCMODE
PCM, MFTOTAL
PCM, VSS
-, WO2ST1
-, WO2ST2
-, WO2LAM1
-, WO2LAM2
-, WO2AFR1
-, WO2AFR2

;
; PID Custom Units
; ----------------------
;
; PCU specifies the controller and PID for which to define a custom unit
; Caption is the caption displayed on screen during BB logging (8 characters maximum).
; Prec is the number of decimal places to display
; Units is the display units name.
; Op is the operator, one of:
; * = multiply
; / = divide
; i = invert_then_multiply
; The metric value of the PID is multiplied, divided or inverted then multiplied by Factor.
; Offset is then added.
;
*PCU
;
; PID Caption Prec Units Op Factor Offset
; ----------- --------- ----- ------- --- ------------- -------------
PCM,MAF, AirFlow, 1, lb/m, /, 7.559873,
PCM,MAP, Manifold, 1, psi, /, 6.894757,
PCM,TFMPRS, Trans, 1, psi, /, 6.894757
PCM,VSS, Speed, 0, MPH, /, 1.609344,
PCM,EQIVRATIO, AFR, 3, AFR, i, 14.63,
PCM,ECT, Coolant, 0, °F, *, 1.8, 32.0
PCM,IAT, Intake, 0, °F, *, 1.8, 32.0
-, T1, T1, 0, °F, *, 1.8, 32.0
-, T2, T2, 0, °F, *, 1.8, 32.0

joecar
April 9th, 2008, 05:39 AM
When you send a new time to FlashScan, if that new time differs from FlashScan's time by more than 1 second it will update the flash memory with the new time.

When you attempted to update the date.time did the blue LED come on? (i.e. indicating that it was updating the flash with the new time)
If it did, it may be that it took longer than 5 seconds to write the new time to the flash memory (although I can't think why it would take that long).

Regards
PaulPaul,

- The time difference is about 12+ hours.
- The blue LED comes on for about 5+ seconds (it is on 99% of that time... it goes off for a very brief moment in the middle of that time).

Cheers,
Joe
:cucumber:

Black02SS
April 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Regards
Paul

Same problem here. 12611833

Blacky
April 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Do we need to copy all the .pmm files to the Config tab, or can we just copy the one(s) that pertain to 1 vehicle (e.g. LS1B_A.pmm)...?

Edit: see my Options.ini file in my next post #40...

You only need to include the *.pmm files that are referenced in the *VEHICLES section.
And even then you only need to include the *.pmm files that you actually attempt to select.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Paul,

On the V2 menu, instead of saying "Select Vehicle" it should say "Select PID List".

For example, in my Options.ini you will see that I have different pid lists for the same vehicle:

Hmm, I have thought about that as well.

For new users, selecting a "vehicle" makes more sense. For experienced users with customized Options.ini file it makes more sense to say "Select PID list".

No reason why there can't be an extra entry in the *VEHICLES section that allows that select message to be customized. :)

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Paul,

- The time difference is about 12+ hours.
- The blue LED comes on for about 5+ seconds (it is on 99% of that time... it goes off for a very brief moment in the middle of that time).

Cheers,
Joe
:cucumber:

Looks like the file system is requesting two sectors be updated. I will increase the timeout to 10 seconds.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 9th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hi Paul,

is not supported,
please de-select it.

Simon

I'll be testing it today to figure out what the problem is.
Meanwhile, after you get that message, please save a trace file and sent it to me. F2->F3->F1.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Same problem here. 12611833

See previous post.
Regards
Paul

joecar
April 9th, 2008, 08:56 AM
In Options.ini can I have multiple PCU sections (e.g. PCU_A, PCU_B)...?

Blacky
April 9th, 2008, 09:00 AM
In Options.ini can I have multiple PCU sections (e.g. PCU_A, PCU_B)...?
Yes.

Black02SS
April 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM
See previous post.
Regards
Paul
Sent

joecar
April 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM
FUELSYS logged correct value ok on V2, but scantool shows value "unknown" thru-out.

FTC is ok.

Scantool still shows [Manual] for LS1B_A logs from V2.The scantool sees FUELSYS as a selected pid, but displays it's value as "unknown" flat across.

Blacky
April 10th, 2008, 12:35 PM
The LED's don't seem to do what the the alarm bits specify, altho the alarm sounds ok.

Have you got the LED status set to "Alarm" instead of "Status" or "Off"?
You can change it in the config settings in FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

bballer182
April 10th, 2008, 04:55 PM
There is no recovery if EFILive_Explorer cannot see the FlashScan unit.

Please send it back to Fish Tuning to be reprogrammed manually.
Contact details for Fish Tuning are on our resellers web page.

Regards
Paul

Crap, that's what i was afraid of.:damnit1:

joecar
April 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Have you got the LED status set to "Alarm" instead of "Status" or "Off"?
You can change it in the config settings in FlashScan.

Regards
PaulAh, I'll try that, thanks. :cheers:

joecar
April 10th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Looks like the file system is requesting two sectors be updated. I will increase the timeout to 10 seconds.

Regards
PaulI reformatted both file systems and now I don't get the error when setting the date/time.

mr.prick
April 11th, 2008, 02:55 PM
why doesn`t the V2 control panel work any more?
it was easier to calibrate the AD inputs when you
could see the voltage through the software.
now the only way to do it is through the V2 itself and
that seems to be a bit difficult when you cant see
the voltage in real time.
before the control panel was animated.
this is just a general complaint with the software not a bug.
also while i`m complaining, it would be nice to scan though
the V2 and the software at the same time.

Blacky
April 11th, 2008, 03:24 PM
why doesn`t the V2 control panel work any more?
it was easier to calibrate the AD inputs when you
could see the voltage through the software.
now the only way to do it is through the V2 itself and
that seems to be a bit difficult when you cant see
the voltage in real time.
before the control panel was animated.
this is just a general complaint with the software not a bug.
also while i`m complaining, it would be nice to scan though
the V2 and the software at the same time.

Just haven't updated it to work with the new firmware yet.
It will get done.
Paul

Wolfie
April 12th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Not sure how to word this... but....
I had a few extra hours, so I updated as per the instructions.
Now the computer part does not work properly.
I start the program with the key on acc, and connect.
I hit log, and start the engine, but now the computer freezes.
Sometimes it will finally start logging, but other times nothing.
When I force it to close, I get a cant connect error.
note that this is with the computer software, and also the
"USB MODE" display is gone from the interface as well.

Tordne
April 12th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Did you change the connection (cable type) in the Scan Tool to be the V2.5 FlashScan interface? Perhaps also disable the cable auto detection.

Lennart
April 12th, 2008, 12:10 PM
For me everything worked out rather smooth, but while BB logging my LLY the PID GM.TP is not logged even though it is included in the options.ini
I also had to remove the Allison PIDs from the options.ini for the V2 to start logging frames. Before it was just toggeling between 0 for all values and the actual value without increasing the frame counter.
This might have been caused by the large number of PIDs I log.

Blacky
April 12th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I have fixed a number of connection/detection issues in the latest update. Hopefully I can release it by Sunday night.

Please try again with the new software to see if those problems are resolved.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
April 12th, 2008, 02:26 PM
when will BEN factor be available with external WBO2?

Blacky
April 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM
It is now.

Use the attached sae_generic.txt file.

The PIDs are called:
CALC.BEN1 "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
CALC.BEN2 "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
CALC.BEN1_B "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"
CALC.BEN2_B "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"
CALC.BEN1_E38 "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, E38 style"
CALC.BEN2_E38 "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, E38 style"

P.S. Thanks to Chad (from GreenLight Motorsports) for setting up the sae_generic file with the correct analog and serial wideband PIDs and BEN factor PIDs for E38.

Regards
Paul

Lennart
April 12th, 2008, 10:13 PM
While transferring logged files to the PC I noticed that the transfer is rather slow.....not sure if it is supposed to be that way but a 1.5Mb file took about 30secs. to transfer.

mr.prick
April 13th, 2008, 04:26 AM
It is now.

Use the attached sae_generic.txt file.

The PIDs are called:
CALC.BEN1 "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
CALC.BEN2 "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
CALC.BEN1_B "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"
CALC.BEN2_B "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"
CALC.BEN1_E38 "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, E38 style"
CALC.BEN2_E38 "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, E38 style"

P.S. Thanks to Chad (from GreenLight Motorsports) for setting up the sae_generic file with the correct analog and serial wideband PIDs and BEN factor PIDs for E38.

Regards
Paul
i selected the PID but see no data in the software.
it says N/A.
i also added CALC.BEN1 to the cal.link.txt

mr.prick
April 13th, 2008, 05:35 AM
^
this was resolved with a re-boot of the software.
i am also getting this

Error code: ERR_PKTSTALL/75
Starting Dynamic scan mode stalled, please retry.

when i pause/stop logging/recording
then attempt to re-start logging/recording.
persistent attempts to record sometimes overcome this.

there are times when after selecting my controller (99+LS1)
it reverts to the V2 as the selected controller.
also my maps cleared from the map tab and i needed to re-install them.

i will add that the serial connection for the WBO2 is
a lot steadier and accurate than the analog connection
and after connecting (though difficult at times) there
are no problems keeping connected.

hymey
April 13th, 2008, 11:03 PM
# Serial Wide Band BEN factors
# =============================
*CLC-00-996
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{EXT.WO2AFR1}/{E38.AFRATIO_DMA}"
*CLC-00-997
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{EXT.WO2AFR2}/{E38.AFRATIO_DMA}"

To save reading through. These are the pids for e38 ben.

joecar
April 14th, 2008, 02:03 AM
While transferring logged files to the PC I noticed that the transfer is rather slow.....not sure if it is supposed to be that way but a 1.5Mb file took about 30secs. to transfer.I noticed same.

Cougar281
April 14th, 2008, 02:33 AM
I noticed same.

As did I, in the firmware one or two releases ago, I think, which I posted about.

hymey
April 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Its always slow for that size file.

Blacky
April 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I just tested the coms on a Vista SP1 machine.

Copy to FlashScan (SD card) 1.75Mb 21.7 seconds 632 kbps.
Copy from FlashScan (SD card) 1.75Mb 19.5 seconds 696 kbps.

Is anyone seeing anything significantly different that this?

Note: The Trace option in EFILive_Explorer shows the time to transfer and the average transfer speed achieved.

Also, make sure you have tracing turned off in EFILive_Hapi.exe. On slower computers that can be a time waster during transfers.

Regards
Paul

emarkay
April 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM
When will the next full Beta install be available - always a good idea to get a clean build installed occasionally after a bunch of zipped patches, etc. - plus a good thing to test the whole shebang before release.

Blacky
April 14th, 2008, 10:31 AM
When will the next full Beta install be available - always a good idea to get a clean build installed occasionally after a bunch of zipped patches, etc. - plus a good thing to test the whole shebang before release.

The next update (today) will still be a "bunch of zipped files".
Intend to do a full install for the 7.5.4 release candidate after that.

That won't be available until after Monday 21 April, probably Wed or Thu following.

Regards
Paul