PDA

View Full Version : FAST DUAL O2's

alz28
April 8th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Any chance of a simple PLAIN (still a noobie) English tutorial of how to load the above into V2
Got it wired into car but there is no PID for it as far as I can see. My tuner has had a go but no joy with it??:confused:
Thanks for any help
Alan

TAQuickness
April 8th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Alan.

I do not have hand's on experience with the FAST WB's, but there are a few folks here that have. Perhaps one of them will chime in and share their custom PID's with you.

joecar
April 8th, 2008, 05:07 AM
If you post the voltage:AFR conversion points, then someone here can work out a calculated pid for you.

VT LS1 NZ
April 8th, 2008, 07:58 AM
You will find your answers here for setting up a pid:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3599&highlight=Fast+wideband

alz28
April 8th, 2008, 09:07 PM
cheers for that.
All that means nothing to me???
I will ring Rosco as he is in UK aswell

minytrker
June 18th, 2008, 03:05 PM
any luck? i just bought a dual fast wb setup

VT LS1 NZ
June 18th, 2008, 05:43 PM
any luck? i just bought a dual fast wb setup

If you have any issues drop me a line & I'll help out.

minytrker
July 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM
If you have any issues drop me a line & I'll help out.

Thanks,

I had to send it back, it was freezing up on me. I should have another one next week.

VT LS1 NZ
July 6th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Is anyone running the RPM kit.
I bought it last year when it first came out but never got it to work correctly.ie rpms jumping all over the place.
Tried different pick up pts but still not accurate.
Didn't bother sending it back,just waiting on a direct connect.

August 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Is anyone running the RPM kit.
I bought it last year when it first came out but never got it to work correctly.ie rpms jumping all over the place.
Tried different pick up pts but still not accurate.
Didn't bother sending it back,just waiting on a direct connect.

i have a fast without the rpm kit- it works a great-

but i have a b/new fast dual w/band with the rpm kit coming in a week or so what would u like to know-?

Thanks

Nick--

mr.prick
August 24th, 2008, 12:35 AM
i found this somewhere around here.
i think it is for the High Res Mode:
This provides a 0 - 4.096 volt output signal.
there is also a Simple Mode: (serial?)
This takes the output voltage and multiplies it by 10
to calculate the actual air/fuel ratio.

VT LS1 NZ
August 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
i have a fast without the rpm kit- it works a great-

but i have a b/new fast dual w/band with the rpm kit coming in a week or so what would u like to know-?

Thanks

Nick--

I like to know if your RPM's are accurate and stable.
I could not catibrate mine accurately with the calibration settings offered and found they weren't stable.

Thanks

TAQuickness
August 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM
If the FAST dual 02 module has an electronic copy of the install manual, would someone mind emailing it to me? TAQuickness at comcast dot net. I'm having a booger of a time trying to find it on their website. - Thanks

mr.prick
August 24th, 2008, 08:27 AM
http://www.fuelairspark.com/Instructions/170450.pdf
:confused:

JR-CRUZN-C5
August 26th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Drag Racer Here! Questions might be nieve but the GM PCM takes its input from the primary 02's (right ?), I also run a FAST and it gets its input from the "secondary" 02's (right ?) which I put in the old Stock post Cat location. (I run NO Cats) So the injectors get their "Marching Orders" from the primary 02's ONLY (right ?)

My V2 records (and plays back through my computer and Custom Dashboard) the voltages from the primary 02's, and the FAST records (and plays back on its own screen) the AFR readings from the secondary 02's. I look at them both for tuning decisions!

Why is it beneficial to feed the FAST info into the V2 so I can only look at the secondary 02 info which does not impact my PCM (injectors) during the run? I understand that the FAST is not tied to RPM but it is obvious when I am WOT.

What is gained by not "seeing" the voltages from the primary 02"s?

(I was getting reved-up to feed my FAST into my V2 but I'm not so sure as I "think it through")

A Confused Drag Racer!

JR

joecar
August 26th, 2008, 02:50 AM
JR,

The FAST is reading the wideband sensor which you located in the secondary O2 location (no cats), right...?

The FAST wideband is measuring the actual AFR;

You want to be able to match up the FAST wideband AFR signal with RPM, TPS, MAP, ECT, timing, etc, so you can correlate how the AFR changes in response to other engine parameters...

and this also allows you to create a map of AFR (or BEN) vs RPM vs MAP for use during AutoVE or for you to view in a more concise manner (compare to a log chart).

Cheers
Joe

August 26th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I like to know if your RPM's are accurate and stable.
I could not catibrate mine accurately with the calibration settings offered and found they weren't stable.

Thanks

well if u can wait till i get mine i will be more then happy to share notes-

i know for a fact that the fast machine is very accurate-vs some of the so called best afr systems on the market--

i can comment on the rpm stuff just yet but i have 2 friends with it and they say they have never had a problem with reading the rpm vs afr and its been dead on and stable-

Thanks

JR-CRUZN-C5
August 27th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Maybe off point - Maybe not?

Have any of you guys run (at the dragstrip) your BLOWER cars WITHOUT an
air filter. If so, what did that do to your AFR settings. My 9 sec C5 is a bit sluggish in 3rd gear (from 1/8 mi. to 1320') and builds quite a bit of AIT in that portion of the run. Tuner thinks the airfilter is restricting air flow in 3rd gear and wants me to run without one!!!

JR

(Thanks for any input)

August 27th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Maybe off point - Maybe not?

Have any of you guys run (at the dragstrip) your BLOWER cars WITHOUT an
air filter. If so, what did that do to your AFR settings. My 9 sec C5 is a bit sluggish in 3rd gear (from 1/8 mi. to 1320') and builds quite a bit of AIT in that portion of the run. Tuner thinks the airfilter is restricting air flow in 3rd gear and wants me to run without one!!!

JR

(Thanks for any input)

interesting-

i am getting the same feedback-

i am trying a new airbox system as my one is too restricting-

i done some testing to find out that i am short 10-15 hp when running the air filter-

my air filter set-up is over the the radiator

mine is n/a by the way-

Thanks

JR-CRUZN-C5
August 28th, 2008, 02:58 AM
My setup is also "over the radiator" and because of my aftercooler size I am limited to the size of the air filter as a result. I am running an "offset" air filter from A & A out of California. I am making about 1,000 HP so the air filter is probably not very good for my setup down track!

JR

August 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM
My setup is also "over the radiator" and because of my aftercooler size I am limited to the size of the air filter as a result. I am running an "offset" air filter from A & A out of California. I am making about 1,000 HP so the air filter is probably not very good for my setup down track!

JR

well i aint anywhere near that figure-

u going to divide by 2-lol

Thanks