PDA

View Full Version : Allison clutch question

Cougar281
April 8th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Dumb qustion: Would it be possible to use EFILive's DVT to apply the C2 and C4 clutches manually for the 6th gear (Assuming the truck had a 6 speed VB, of course) with a 2001-2005 TCM, or would the TCM scream about an invalid clutch pair? Which solenoids are used to apply which clutchpacks? My Assumption would be SSA -> C1, SSB -> C2, etc, but I could be wrong.

lakingslayer
April 11th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I'd say if you can do it with at Tech II then you should be able to with the DVT. I don't think the DVT is going to give any more abilities than the Tech II gives.

Cougar281
April 11th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Well, that's the thing; I don't know if you can o it with the Tech2. In DVT, it allows you to manually apply solennoids, so as long as the TCM doesn't scream about an invalid solenoid pair, it should work in theory.

horsehaulin
May 18th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Wish I could apply the two clutches with a manual switch on the dash. Kind of like a manual OD switch.

Tony

Cougar281
May 18th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Wish I could apply the two clutches with a manual switch on the dash. Kind of like a manual OD switch.

Tony

Won't work unless you have a 6 speed valve body... If you have a 5 speed VB, not a 6 speed, it'll drop into neutral if you try to apply the 6th gear clutch combo. (Assuming the 5 speed TCM will allow the combo).

horsehaulin
May 18th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I am getting the 6spd conversion next year since I spent such a big bill on the rebuild I want to wait for the next sticker shock! Given that I dont have to spend all I make for saving for the conversion in fuel!

Tony