PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Do The Custom Os Full Flashes With Latest Release>

wait4me
April 9th, 2008, 07:48 AM
The latest release does not properly detect a computer that is missing the calibration data, so it will apear to be dead. IT IS NOT DEAD, but you will not be able to comunicate with the ecm until Blacky releases a fixed EXE.

The only reason why you would ever have missing calibration is if the ecm was full flashed with the first stage of the custom os files when you do the full flash. Those have empty calibration as you have to put in your calibration data.. SO PLEASE DO NOT DO IT.

turbo_bu
April 11th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Just to make sure I understand correctly, if I am using a custom OS right now, I can still flash the ECM? I use the DSP5 function for my LB7 which requires a full reflash each time.

wait4me
April 11th, 2008, 04:23 AM
That is fine, Im just saying for the ls1 people, if they do a custom os startup which is them flashing in a full file that does not contain calibration data, then when they restart the pcm to put in "Thier" starting calibration it wont allow them to flash it in. As efilive will not see the pcm correctly for them to flash in that second part. The update will be available soon that fixes the error. Dmax people should be fine.

joecar
April 11th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Jesse, so a full flash using a COS file that does contain calibration data is ok...?

TAQuickness
April 11th, 2008, 10:08 AM
That's what it sounded like to me.

Biggsy
April 11th, 2008, 10:12 AM
That's what it sounded like to me.

I read it that way too

joecar
April 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to make sure (measure twice, cut once). :cheers:

Biggsy
April 11th, 2008, 10:24 AM
.......(measure twice, cut once). :cheers:

If I do that, I end up second guessing myself and usually find my first measurement to be correct and second one is wrong! :doh:

TAQuickness
April 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM
always go with your first guess :)

joecar
April 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
When that happens, I do best 3 of 5, or 5 of 9, or 7 of 13, or 15 of 31... heck, it takes all arvo...:doh2::doh2::doh2::doh2:

Blacky
April 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
The problem is fixed in the latest version I have here. I expect to release it Sunday night - if testing today goes well.

Regards
Paul