PDA

View Full Version : 6.7 silverado no start

EVODRIFTER
April 11th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I have a 03 silverado ss with a vortech supercharger and a freshly stroked 6.7 that wont start. I believe the problem is the crank angle sensor, but I dont know how to relearn the ckp without the truck running. The machine shop said the crank wheel was off about 20 thousandths from the stock crank.

joecar
April 11th, 2008, 10:41 AM
EVODRIFTER,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

CASE (crank angle sense error) relearn is used to "calibrate" the misfire detection algorithm (and can only be done with motor running)...

your motor should still be able to start and run;

check:
- if you get no injector pulse, then it could be faulty CKP signal, or something like vehicle anti-theft;
- if you get no spark, then it could be faulty CKP signal;
- check all your grounds and fuses;

If your cam sensor position (CMP) signal is faulty, then the motor should still run but there should be a few DTC's (it tries to figure out the correct TDC phase from the crank reluctor).

If you have a faulty CKP signal, the scantool will not indicate any RPM during cranking.

If you had a scope, you could see the AC waveform from the CKP sensor and verify that it is ok.

EVODRIFTER
April 11th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I know I have rpm signal so I guess my sensor is working and I will check the grounds and spark and fuel in the morning.

joecar
April 11th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Also check:
- ECT sensor is showing correct temp;
- fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds at key on;
- MAP sensor shows barometric pressure at key on;
- CMP signal (high impedance multimeter set to AC mV scale).

EVODRIFTER
April 13th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Truck runs now. Had one ground not hooked up.

joecar
April 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Truck runs now. Had one ground not hooked up.Which one...?

Good job... :cheers:

EVODRIFTER
April 14th, 2008, 03:00 AM
The small one wire ground on the left front of the engine behind the altenator. The terminal was ripped off so it was easy to miss when we put the engine back in. Now it is time to start tunning.

TAQuickness
April 14th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I hate when that happens!

Welcome to the forum Evo