PDA

View Full Version : inlet valve temp - dma pid not working

hymey
April 12th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I have installed the lasted bootblock and firmware. I select connect to vehicle-e38. Record.

It says inlet valve temp- dma not working. Please deselect. It was the only error displayed. Do I deselect in options ini or is there a problem with the bootblock/firmware..

Also what steps do I take to deselect this pid. Option ini is on my harddrive and not my controller(efi explorer)?

Hymey

Blacky
April 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM
To de-select a PID:
You can comment it out of the *PSL_LS2 section in Options.ini on your hard drive.
Then use EFILive_Explorer to copy the modified Options.ini file back into the [Config] folder of the FlashScan device.

I will look into why it thinks it is not supported. Can you please tell me the operating system number of your E38 controller? Each operating system needs to be configured differently for each DMA PID (yes its a HUGE job, glad Ross gets to do it and not me). It may that DMA PID was not set up correctly for the OS in your ECM.

Regards
Paul

hymey
April 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
righto Paul, I will let you know tonight. I will mod the options file for the meantime and copy it to the config section on efilive explorer.

cheers

Joel

swingtan
April 12th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Sounds exactly like the problem I had with APCYL_M on the E-38.

I think something got changed with the latest update that has effected the E-38 DMA support.

Simon

hymey
April 12th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Hey Paul,

12619078 is the o/s in my car. Hope this helps.

Joel

Blacky
April 13th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Hey Paul,

12619078 is the o/s in my car. Hope this helps.

Joel

Thanks, found the problem. All DMA PIDs on E38 were being reported as unsupported. Fixed in next update.

Regards
Paul

hymey
April 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Can I use the last firmwires option.ini e38 file? When is the release of the next firmware. Will get much more accurate ben factors using serial output rather than the EXT.AD1 analogue output.

Blacky
April 14th, 2008, 08:40 AM
The next update will be posted today.
Regards
Paul

hymey
April 14th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks Paul