PDA

View Full Version : Error code $0109 after update

Big Block
April 12th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I updated my bootblock and firmware but I get error $0109 when trying to format config files or trying to do anything in efilive explorer. How can I fix this? I really want to log using my widebands serial out.

Blacky
April 12th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Are you also running the latest EFILive_Explorer and EFILive_Hapi software?

The versions that are compatible are:
EFILive_Explorer.exe should be version 8.1.1.21
EFILive_Hapi.exe should be version 8.1.1.21
You can check the version of executable files by right clicking on them in Windows Explorer and selecting Properties.

The boot block and firmware should be:
FSBootV2_05_06(0407).efw
FSProgV2_05_16(0407).efw

Regards
Paul

Big Block
April 12th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks, I'll check that. Right now my V2 won't go past the slash screen and the blue and amber LEDs stay on when I connect it to my car.

:hihi:

Blacky
April 12th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks, I'll check that. Right now my V2 won't go past the slash screen and the blue and amber LEDs stay on when I connect it to my car.

:hihi:

What happens if you disconnect for at least 5 seconds, then reconnect while holding down the Ctrl key on FlashScan's keypad.
Does it go into dead poll mode where the two orange LEDs are flashing?

If so, do that while connecting to the PC and then (on the [Firmware] tab page of the EFILive_Explorer program) check your bootblock is V2.5.06 and your firmware is V2.05.16

Alternatively, if you can get it to boot past the splash screen (try Ctrl+Cancel) check the version numbers via this menu sequence: F4->F2->F1, then scroll down to the version numbers.

Regards
Paul

Big Block
April 13th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Yes, it goes into dead poll mode. It says I have bootblock 2.05.04 and firmware 2.05.16 Guess I should try and load the correct bootblock.:cucumber:

Big Block
April 13th, 2008, 06:37 AM
When I try to run the latest version of explorer I get error $0025 popping up multiple times untill I terminate the app.

Big Block
April 13th, 2008, 06:54 AM
When I try to change the bootblock it says bootblock installed but then I check it and it is still 2.5.04.
How can I get this to work?

Blacky
April 13th, 2008, 09:34 AM
When I try to run the latest version of explorer I get error $0025 popping up multiple times untill I terminate the app.

I would try re-booting windows. Error $0025 is "Can't get semaphore for control of EFILive_Hapi". That indicates that some residual process is still holding on to the semaphore that EFILive_Explorer wants. I could spend a few hours trying to diagnose why, but rebooting should be the quickest way to clear that. If that still does not fix it, let me know.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 13th, 2008, 09:39 AM
When I try to change the bootblock it says boot block installed but then I check it and it is still 2.5.04.
How can I get this to work?

If you've got boot block V2.05.04 and firmware 2.05.16, then it looks like you've tried to update the firmware before updating the boot block.
You MUST update the boot block first, then the firmware, i.e. in this order:

1. Update firmware to V2.4.70 (you've already got that far).
2. Update the boot block to V2.05.04 (you've already got that far).
3. Update the firmware to V2.05.15(0326) - not sure if you've done that.
4. Update the boot block to V2.05.06
5. Update the firmware to V2.05.16(0407)

You should be able to flash the V2.05.15(0326) firmware back into the FlashScan unit using EFILive_Explorer (assuming the $0025 error is resolved).

Once you've done that, start again at step 4 above.

Regards
Paul

Big Block
April 13th, 2008, 10:20 AM
When I first open explorer with FS V2 in dead poll I get a dialog box that says error $0109. I flash the firmware V2.05.15(0326) . Then after the v2 reboots I close explorer and reconect the v2 in dead poll. I then open explorer and flash boot block to V2.05.06 a dialog box comes up that says bootblock flash completed or somethin like that and it also says flash latest firmware, but when I refresh the firmware in the EFILive Control panel it says that I still have boot block V2.05.04 ....??

Blacky
April 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Sorry, this is probably not clear in my instructions...

To flash a boot loader requires that the FlashScan unit be NOT in deadpoll. i.e.it must be running normally. If you can't get it to run normally then you can't flash new boot block.

To flash new firmware requires that the FlashScan unit IS in deadpoll.

The reason that FlashScan MUST be running normally (i.e. running the firmware code not the boot block code) is that: to flash a new boot block the existing boot block must first be erased. FlashScan can't erase the boot block if it is running the boot block code in dead poll mode.

Regards
Paul

Big Block
April 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I got it now :doh:. Thanks for the quick support on the weekend!:hihi: