PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here with a log and a few questions

MattysTA
April 12th, 2008, 12:40 PM
ok so i just started playing with my v1 on my 00ws6. all it has done to it is a flowmaster catback,k&n and a whisper lid right now. i dont have a wb yet but i was tuning it with a predator going by the ltft's. now i made the jump into all out tuning and since im not sure when ill be getting the wideband(probably after i pick up LT's) i was wondering how do i tune for LTFT"S with the efilive? the main VE table? im sure ill have many more questions as i dig deeper into tuning.but for now thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

MattysTA
April 15th, 2008, 09:15 AM
guess no one has any suggestions...

ScarabEpic22
April 15th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Sorry I cant help man, my engine is an oddball that isnt like anything else to tune (except the later ones lol). I do know using LTFTs to tune isnt the best way, I would highly recommend getting a WBO2 before your LTs instead.

joecar
April 15th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Matty,

HO2Sx1 are pegging at zero volts...

Your car is stock except for catback, filter, lid...?

If that is the case, then there may be one or more problems...

It looks like you have an airmass problem, your MAF is reading low...
you may need to clean your MAF (use CRC MAF cleaner, not brake kleen)... oil from the filter may get on the MAF sensor elements and skew the reading.

Also, you should install the stock tune file back in there...
after you do that, read it back into the tune tool and compare it with a known stock 2000 F-body file... there should be no differences.

With a clean MAF and the stock tune you should notice performance should be better.

You may also want to check for airleaks between the MAF and the heads, and/or between the heads and the cats...

How many miles do you have on the O2 sensors...?

With clean MAF and stock tune, you LTFT's should be much closer to zero.

When logging, if you want better resolution (frames/s), then keep the channel count at 24 or lower (1-24 channels fits in 1 frame, 25-28 channels fits in 2 frames)... you can see this at the bottom of the PIDs tab as you add/remove pids (you can remove MAFFREQ).

If you want to tune using LTFT's, you add their average value to the MAF table above 4000 rpm...

but I would recommend getting a wideband as this will give you a better view of your fueling.

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

MattysTA
April 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Matty,

HO2Sx1 are pegging at zero volts...

Your car is stock except for catback, filter, lid...?

If that is the case, then there may be one or more problems...

It looks like you have an airmass problem, your MAF is reading low...
you may need to clean your MAF (use CRC MAF cleaner, not brake kleen)... oil from the filter may get on the MAF sensor elements and skew the reading.

Also, you should install the stock tune file back in there...
after you do that, read it back into the tune tool and compare it with a known stock 2000 F-body file... there should be no differences.

With a clean MAF and the stock tune you should notice performance should be better.

You may also want to check for airleaks between the MAF and the heads, and/or between the heads and the cats...

How many miles do you have on the O2 sensors...?

With clean MAF and stock tune, you LTFT's should be much closer to zero.

When logging, if you want better resolution (frames/s), then keep the channel count at 24 or lower (1-24 channels fits in 1 frame, 25-28 channels fits in 2 frames)... you can see this at the bottom of the PIDs tab as you add/remove pids (you can remove MAFFREQ).

If you want to tune using LTFT's, you add their average value to the MAF table above 4000 rpm...

but I would recommend getting a wideband as this will give you a better view of your fueling.

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

yeah i was wondering about the O2's pegging zero, thanks for the tip ill have to check my connections and the maf. im the third owner and as far a s i know nothing has been replaced. the car now has 77k 2nd owner had it for 3 years and only put 20 on it and i allready plan on replacing the O2's just havent had the time with work so busy. with the stock tune even before the predator she was getting serious kr in the mid-upper rpm ranges. so i tuned it out with the predator and it ran great like a new car. but i figured till i get a wideband i would tune it out with the efi untill i get any issues figured out. now that i know what else to look for ill put the stock tune back in until i find any of the issues you mentioned. thanks for all the tips!:thumb_yello: