PDA

View Full Version : Cell tracking with the RoadRunner

Whippled 496
April 14th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Got everything set up and got most of the bugs worked out finally :)

Next question i have is that the cell tracking of the roadrunner (RTACS) seems to be off for some reason. The little RTACS control will read the correct row (RPM), but not the right column (kPa) when trying to RTACS the VE table. The MAP will be 55, the scan tool will show 55, but the small RTACS tool will only say 15 or 16 or something way lower than it actually is. The cell tracking never made it out of the 20kPa column (even though i was up around 55-65kPa). Any ideas? Did i miss a calibration somewhere?

Whippled 496
April 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I think i got it figured out myself for once.....sort of...

In scanner, set the Preferred units to Metric (Edit->Properties->Options), then on PIDs F8 tab rightclick on the MAP pid and set it to Metric; exit scanner and reopen it, MAP should now stay in kPa.

I had imperial selected for the MAP PID and it was not tracking correctly. It seems good to go now. Bare with me fellas, i will get it all worked out. This was a quote from another thread....but thanks to JOECAR anyhow :)

TAQuickness
April 15th, 2008, 02:53 AM
:D That's usually the culprit. I might ask Paul to see if he can incorperate an integrity check to make sure the unit's match between the scan and tune tool.