PDA

View Full Version : slow lagging when logging

ahall1
August 3rd, 2005, 07:49 AM
I have flashscan and ver 7.2.2.When logging data display on dasboard(computer and ver 7.2.2)lags behind by minutes from what is actually happening in real time.When i had ver 6 and autotap cable everthing worked well.Is there any changes i can make in the propertys logging page that will help.ex. throttle or frames per sec.Itis using asycconos 10 fps mode.

Blacky
August 3rd, 2005, 09:03 AM
Just as a test, while logging data, display the [OBDII (F7)] tab page and see if the frames per second keep up. While displaying that tab page EFILive does not attempt to redraw the dashboard or charts and that saves a lot of CPU cycles.

When you playback a log file click on the play button, then on the fast foward button (Move forward multiple frames Ctrl+Right) to play back at the fastest speed that the PC can handle. Does the fast-forward playback speed exceed 10fps?

Press Ctrl+Y while logging or playing back data to monitor the frame speed.

You can also try upgrading to V7.2.3 pre-release - although there is nothing in that release that specifically addresses slow logging.

Regards
Paul

ahall1
August 5th, 2005, 04:33 AM
CTRL+Y yeilds 9 to 11 fps ,so i guess maybe i max out my laptop (Celeron333 128 mb ram gateway solo 2500).It logs fine just annoying when driving--I glance at the laptop dash and its showing what happened ~1 minute ago.