PDA

View Full Version : have to flash ECU forProject GenIV "LMG" into 1997 Tahoe

harascho
April 14th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hi folks, I am new in this forum and new to the EFI live world.. so pls be a little patient with me :-)

I am electronic engineer working for Bosch rexroth in germany ( not car stuff but close loop controls for hydraulic applications..) . I own a 1997 which I will convert to he latest GEN IV engine. I bought a 5.3 out of a '07 yukon with flex fuel option. I opted for all parts, as engine harness incl ECU, BCM, instrument cluster incl wiring, fuel pump assembly...
Problem is the components came from different donor vehicles ( all '07) . I will have to flash the ECU , BCM ... to work together in this conversion. I will have to use the latest tunes for the E38 ECU to give proper E85 performance, I also read somewhere that the active fuel management was updated a few times.
So ok now a few questions..
Is the flash scan V2 the right tool for the job? Is this forum the right place to get the latest tunes I would need for my project? Is I live in germany and visit the US only once or twice a year I will have problems to find proper support at home.
any suggestions, comments will be very very welcome..

harald