PDA

View Full Version : Car likes to idle @ 11:1 AFR

Chalky
April 15th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Car is mildly cammed and is OL most of the time. Still need to finish tweaking VE and MAF.

Anyway, having some stall issues so I was looking at some airflow logs and decided to do some bi-di tuning.

Car has always been rough idling with cam but maintains similar kpa @ idle with different intakes. I then started moivng AFR around in Bi-DI and car started to really smooht out aroun 12 and get real nice @ 11.0:1 with KPA dropping to 42 from 44-45.

I then added some timing bumping total timing to about 36 at idle and watched kpa dropp to 41-40.

When I go CL, my idle generally gets better as well. Obviously PCM is reading the unburnt air as lean and adds fuel until it is happy again.

It is spring here and the cobwebs are clearing. Just thought that is was strange that idle with a mild cam 224-228 on a 114 would like that much fuel.

ZL1Killa
April 15th, 2008, 06:49 AM
what injectors do you have?

Chalky
April 15th, 2008, 07:05 AM
what injectors do you have?

SVO 30#

ZL1Killa
April 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
that cam isn't a heavy cam... idk man. you should be able to idle at stoich or near about and not have a bad idle. hopefully someone else can help ya.

idle airflow off? something doesn't seem right for it just to be idling rough with that cam and heads

Chalky
April 15th, 2008, 09:49 AM
WB obviously tends to read as lean. In CL, pcm keeps adding fuel to get me back to 14.7:1. and car idles much smoother but is rich.

Just didn't know if this was normal. Been like this since I put cam in.

No biggie, just trying to determine was is a norm. I drooped AFR in CFOL in idle cells to 12.5:1 and idle did improve noticeably.