PDA

View Full Version : Ok Yes Im A Dummy But..........need A Little Help Please

SDAVER
April 19th, 2008, 04:18 AM
switched from v7.4.2 build 622 to 7.5.3 build 36 and Im getting "error failed controller operation has returned to normal operation please retry operation.. Im thinking I jumped so far from 7.4 to 7.5 my v2 might need reflashing................anyone know?........if so what drivers?........thanks

joecar
April 19th, 2008, 05:38 AM
SDAVER,

Welcome to the forum... :cheers:

When does it say that message...?

Is the FTDI USB driver working correctly...?

Did you flash V2 with firmware FSProg_V2_4_70.ffw...?

I pm'd tech support, they will be a day or two.

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

SDAVER
April 19th, 2008, 06:11 AM
it all worked fine on 7.4(and still does).................not sure what drivers im using.........but im pretty sure thats the problem...............it connects to the ecm or tcm begins to read then i get the error and then a aborted read statement and the then the countdown timer. thanks

Tordne
April 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM
A change to 7.5.3 is recommended and will likely need the FlashScan V2 firmware to be updated as 'joecar' suggests.

If you try again with the 7.5.3 release can you check for .blx files in your 'My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bug reports' folder which have a creation time matching your attempt and send them to support@efilive.com.

SDAVER
April 19th, 2008, 10:48 AM
OK
1. cleared efi usb devices via control panel
2. removed 7.5
3. downloaded the usb clean utility.....cleaned
4. re downloaded 7.5 installed
5. downloaded new v2 for windows drivers
6. plugged up v2 via usb......installed new drivers
7. got all excited thought I might have accomplished something today. plugged into truck same error.

I know its something simple Im missing........cant see the forest for the trees:wallbash:

SDAVER
April 19th, 2008, 10:52 AM
bug reports sent.............thanks everyone

Tordne
April 19th, 2008, 12:33 PM
The reports did not come through, just links to them. You actually need to copy the actual files and attach to the email :)

SDAVER
April 20th, 2008, 02:24 AM
resent
thanks

Blacky
April 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
In both of those *.blx trace file that you sent, EFILive was attempting to read the Allison TCM. Did you select the TCM to be read out?

Regards
Paul

SDAVER
April 21st, 2008, 02:39 PM
YES, same error for ecm or tcm.........7.4 still works fine

SDAVER
April 23rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
any ideas

Blacky
April 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
In both of those *.blx trace file that you sent, EFILive was attempting to read the Allison TCM. Did you select the TCM to be read out?
Regards
Paul

When I asked that, I meant...

For both files that you sent, EFILive was trying to read the Allison TCM. Did you request to read the Allison TCM when BOTH of those blx files were created, or did you select the ECM to be read out for one of them?

It is important because if you selected the ECM and EFILive tried to read the TCM that is where I need to focus to find the problem. However, if you selected the TCM to be read BOTH times then there is no problem there and I need to focus elsewhere.

Regards
Paul

Brayden
April 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM
David let me know if I can talk you through it...

SDAVER
April 29th, 2008, 01:57 PM
the same error occured when trying to do either one ecm or tcm .........been out of pocket Ill call brayden thanks

Trippin
May 1st, 2008, 04:20 AM
Firmware upgrade needed?

Sdaver, give me a call.