PDA

View Full Version : craziest tune I have seen

minytrker
April 20th, 2008, 03:57 AM
I went to retune a 05 silverado yesterday that had been tuned before by someone else. There check engine light had been on since they got the tune and they had horrible gas mileage. The plus side the truck made really good power.
I downloaded the tune and almost fell over from what I saw. The previous tuner, just took his tune out of his 6.0 SS silverado and loaded into this truck. Then made some really odd changes. He had the truck commanding 12.5 a/f all the time. The truck was really rich and you could also see the black in the exhaust. The truck made a lot of torque with all the fuel but was drinking fuel. The injector duty cycle was in the 90's by 60mph when you floored it on a bone stock truck. There were many other tables that were just way out there also.
I still couldnt believe they copied everything from the 6.0 truck into the 5.3. They even had the cyclinder volume showing 6.0 in the 5.3 truck. I was amazed the the 5.3 truck ran as good as did with so much stuff off.

Beer99C5
April 20th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Whew, I thought my first Cos 5 tune would have been the craziest ya seen :hihi:

Mr. P.
April 21st, 2008, 08:12 AM
...They even had the cyclinder volume showing 6.0 in the 5.3 truck...:laugh: OK that's funny right there.

Mr. P. :)

cmitchell17
April 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
So was the truck just a stock 5.3?

And they put a stock SS tune in it?

minytrker
April 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Whew, I thought my first Cos 5 tune would have been the craziest ya seen :hihi:

LOL, I wish.

minytrker
April 22nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
So was the truck just a stock 5.3?

And they put a stock SS tune in it?

No they put a really bad tune out of a ss truck in the 5.3 truck. They must have used hp and just compared and copied the tables that were differnt. Thats the only way I can see how they did it.