PDA

View Full Version : PSL Logging issue

Cougar281
April 20th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Any ideas why the PSL below won't log or view RTD properly? It stops, starts, hangs, burps, drops values to 0 or *, etc. If I select the other PSL I have configured for LLY's, it logs fine and normally.

*PSL_LB72

;Node PIDs (pid1|pid2|...|pidn) Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)
;---- -------------------------- -----------------------------------------
PCM, RPM
PCM, VSS
PCM, FRPACT
PCM, FRPDES
PCM, FRPACOM
PCM, FRPADES
PCM, BALRCYL1
PCM, BALRCYL2
PCM, BALRCYL3
PCM, BALRCYL4
PCM, BALRCYL5
PCM, BALRCYL6
PCM, BALRCYL7
PCM, BALRCYL8
; Allison 5 speed
TCM, TFT
TCM, GEAR

Blacky
April 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Any ideas why the PSL below won't log or view RTD properly? It stops, starts, hangs, burps, drops values to 0 or *, etc. If I select the other PSL I have configured for LLY's, it logs fine and normally.

*PSL_LB72

PCM, RPM
PCM, VSS
PCM, FRPACT
PCM, FRPDES
PCM, FRPACOM
PCM, FRPADES
PCM, BALRCYL1
PCM, BALRCYL2
PCM, BALRCYL3
PCM, BALRCYL4
PCM, BALRCYL5
PCM, BALRCYL6
PCM, BALRCYL7
PCM, BALRCYL8
; Allison 5 speed
TCM, TFT
TCM, GEAR

Possibly because you've gone over the 24 channel limit for number of channels to be logged.
In the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_Hapi\PID Descriptions is a set of files with the supported PID's descriptions for each supported controller type.
Take a look in the LLY_PIDs.txt and find each of the PIDs you have selected and add up the number in square brackets after each PID name. That number is the number of channels required to log that PID. The total value for each controller (Engine and Trans) cannot exceed 24 each.

The limits for Black Box Logging are as follows:
VPW style controllers: 24 channels (4x6).
CAN style controllers: 42 channels (6x7).

The channel counts will be automatically calculated and displayed once the PID selection program/user interface is complete. But for now you need to calculate them manually.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
April 22nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks Paul, that was it :(. With that (relatively) small list I was at 27 channels. Not that many PIDS. Any chance we could get 11 or 12 characters in the PSL Description? I set my PIDS to LLY Bal FRP, LLY Bal FPR, LB7 Bal FRP and LB7 Bal FPR (to distinguish which one had the Fuel Rail Pressure and which had the Fuel Pressure Regulator PIDS for the LB7 and LLY), and what I see on the FS for them is Lxx Bal Auto.

Cougar281
April 27th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Ok... I give up. I modified the PSL's to log balace rates and be under the channel limit. Now when I seledt those PSL, I get NO PIDs displayed (Just the onboard sensors; Is there any way to turn tose off?).

Here are my PSL's:

*BRFRP

PCM, RPM
PCM, VSS
PCM, FRPACT
PCM, FRPDES
PCM, BALRCYL1
PCM, BALRCYL2
PCM, BALRCYL3
PCM, BALRCYL4
PCM, BALRCYL5
PCM, BALRCYL6
PCM, BALRCYL7
PCM, BALRCYL8
; Allison 5 speed
TCM, TFT
TCM, GEAR

; __________________________________________________ _______________________
*BRFPR

PCM, RPM
PCM, VSS
PCM, FRPACOM
PCM, FRPADES
PCM, BALRCYL1
PCM, BALRCYL2
PCM, BALRCYL3
PCM, BALRCYL4
PCM, BALRCYL5
PCM, BALRCYL6
PCM, BALRCYL7
PCM, BALRCYL8
; Allison 5 speed
TCM, TFT
TCM, GEAR

; __________________________________________________ _______________________

Blacky
April 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Do you have an Allison transmission fitted and operational? If not then the logging will not start. In that case it should display an error but does not (yet).

Can you please send me your Options.ini file so I can try to reproduce the problem here?

After the looging attempt fails, can you save a trace file and send it to me.
F2 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File.
Use EFILive_Explorer to copy the trace file from FlashScan to your PC.

Send files to paul@efilive.com, and include a link to this thread in the email.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Finally found the problem. The Options.ini file has tab characters in it where spaced should be. That can be caused if you edit the Options.ini file with an "intelligent" editor that inserts tab characters instead of multiple spaces.

The tab characters are only in the *PID_SELECTIONS section of the file that you sent to me. I recommend deleting all white space and entering it back in using the space bar with an editor (like Notepad) that does not insert tab characters for multiple spaces.

I will force the FlashScan firmware treat tab characters as space characters in a future release to prevent this problem from happening again.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
April 29th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Yay! It works! Thanks Paul! Whoda thunk a tab would breadk it :)