PDA

View Full Version : Touching up VE table using BEN/AutoVE

Dopey
April 20th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Hi All,
Now that I have the PLX hooked up through the serial input on the V2, I have discovered my commanded AFR vs. actuals are quite a bit out... I would like to touch up the VE table to fix this up before a track day (in a couple of days :)).

The tune (COS3 OLSD) was done by someone else (paid), so I dont want to start again.

My question is, do I have to go through the AutoVE tutorial and load the AutoVE cal in that it creates, or can I use the calibration already in there and just change the following:
*Disable DFCO
*change everything in b3467 that is currently 1.0000 to 1.0049 (14.63 to 14.7, stoich (b3601) is set to 14.63)

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Do I need to disable PE?

My appologies if its a stupid question, just trying to get my head around it...:shock: :help2:

joecar
April 21st, 2008, 01:49 AM
Hi Dopey,

Since your tune is already in OLSD, then doing what you said should work.

Read your current calibration into a file...

Make the changes you said (disable DFCO, un-stoich B3647);
you can leave PE enabled (make sure you don't go lean at WOT or at load);
save with new filename, and do a cal-only flash.

Take a log, and apply the BEN map (with filter) by paste-multiplying, save with new filename; do cal-only flash.

Take another log, verify BEN map is close to 1.00 +/- 0.02.

If good, then restore DFCO and B3647, save with new filename, do cal-only flash.

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

Dopey
April 21st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Legend! :banana:

One other question, did a search but everyone says different.... when logging for ben, is it best to just drive normally? or find a highway and go through each MAP vs RPM row one at a time..... from what I read, some say it should include heavy loads and light loads.... whats the go?

joecar
April 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM
You have to cover as much of the map as you can which includes various load, PT and WOT...

The important thing to do is to operate the throttle smoothly (opening and closing)...
this will give you better data vs having the BEN filter throw out 70% of your data.

The parts of the map that you don't hit, you won't ever hit, so they don't matter.

As you drive, you'll see where the MAP-RPM operating point travels on the BEN map...
(enable scantool->tunetool linking, then playback your log, and follow the highlighting the VE table in the tunetool).

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers: