PDA

View Full Version : Ported TB effect on VE?

Kevin Doe
April 21st, 2008, 06:40 AM
Just curious guys, I just bought a ported TB for my car. I was curious how much you think it will effect the VE. What is a good place to start. Right now my VE is dead nuts on. How far should I move the VE table as my start for VE tuning with the new TB.?

SSpdDmon
April 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
I'd suspect a max of 1~2% change at high airflow values. Aside from that, it shouldn't change things all that much.

5.7ute
April 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
I agree with Jeff. When I ported my TB the only changes evident were in the 95 & 100 kpa cells. This was due to my TB being a restriction under WOT conditions.

Kevin Doe
April 21st, 2008, 11:07 PM
Oh wow, smaller than I thought. I've heard claims and seen dyno sheets showing 7-10 hp gain from the ported throttle bodies, so I was thinking that to gain 10 hp you'd need more than just a percent or two gain in VE. I guess only time will tell.

SSpdDmon
April 22nd, 2008, 12:57 AM
Oh wow, smaller than I thought. I've heard claims and seen dyno sheets showing 7-10 hp gain from the ported throttle bodies, so I was thinking that to gain 10 hp you'd need more than just a percent or two gain in VE. I guess only time will tell.
7/350=2% ;)

Kevin Doe
April 22nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Hmmmmmm, I think you're onto something there! I'd think that I'm closer to 400 whp, and I'd think that you'd want to use flywheel hp for a quick calculation like this, so maybe 7/425= 1.6% Interesting, I guess it won't be that much work to get the VE table back in line. I was dreading it really, because I probably spent 40 hours or something honing this one in.