PDA

View Full Version : Introduction: New LS3 and EFILive owner

9secz
April 22nd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hi!

I bought an '08 LS3 C6 coupe in February with the intent to better Z06 performance for less than the Z06 price premium over the coupe. To reach that end, some serious PCM bits will have to be twiddled. I've been tuning GM PCMs for about 10 years as a complete amateur, but I've only had EFILive for about a week. It has taken a pretty big dose of tech support to get the scanner and tuner to connect to my PCM and record useful information, but I've done my first reflash (killed CAGS, naturally!) and scanner log file.

I'd like to connect with other LS3 users to share what works and what doesn't work stories.

The car has LG long tubes, Callaway Honker, and Callaway/Eibach coilovers (with real coils and no transverse leafs) installed now. There are 14" StopTech brakes and humungo Forgeline ZX3P wheels in the garage waiting for the widebody conversion. All that plus a baby cam should get me to where I can go, stop, and turn as fast as a Z06, and I will have much nicer looking wheels. :D

That's my story - I hope to meet others working through the LS3 PCM.

If any of you came from the f-body world, I also go by LJ. I put together this site for my Camaro, which got sold last year. link to 9 sec Camaro site (http://para.noid.org/~lj)

Jeff

9secz
April 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM
It's been great chatting with y'all about tuning LS3s, but I've decided to return EFILive because I can't get it to work with the '08 C6 I've been trying to tune.

Jeff

joecar
April 24th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Jeff, you're still welcome here, regardless. :cool: