PDA

View Full Version : RED border????

hquick
April 26th, 2008, 10:26 AM
HI All,
does anyone know what it means when you're using the RR and the border around the table you're auto correcting turns red instead of the usual blue?
I've seen this a couple of times whilst auto VE'ing the main VE table.

mr.prick
April 26th, 2008, 11:58 AM
i think the colors represent which way the BEN is being applied.
multiplying up or down.(lean/rich)

hquick
April 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for that....it makes sense.
I guess in those instances I may have been a little lean (which I haven't seen before...as being conservative with the VE table....it's always been rich and pulling fuel in RTACS).

5.7ute
April 26th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I always thought it meant the cell wasnt in the target value but the filters were active preventing correction. Never really took that much notice though.

tazinhawaii
June 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I had the same question once. It's covered in the manual somewhere. It means the value that it's trying to update would fall outside your max and min values located in the RCTAS window. For example, let's say yoou're doing the VE table and the max and min are 20 and 100. If the RR is trying to update that value to less than 20, the border will turn red and no update will take place.

Derrick

mr.prick
June 26th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I had the same question once. It's covered in the manual somewhere. It means the value that it's trying to update would fall outside your max and min values located in the RCTAS window. For example, let's say yoou're doing the VE table and the max and min are 20 and 100. If the RR is trying to update that value to less than 20, the border will turn red and no update will take place.

Derrick

where exactly did you see this?
red or blue border i get updates no matter what, up and down.

hquick
June 26th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Normally the border around the VE table is blue whilst updating but, and I think Derrick is correct...when your settings are out of range it turns red instead of blue.