PDA

View Full Version : 0411 conversion issue

makoskey
April 28th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I updated my 99Tahoe 4x4 with a 0411 PCM and am using a calibration from a 02 Express Van OS: 12212156

Everything is running great except when I place the truck in 4lo. When I do that it does not want to shift to any gear. It pretty much stays in 1st gear and will hit redline! If I put it in 4HI it works normally.

I have verified all my connections are correct and have been reading on a few forums of a few people having this problem. There is nothing really in the current tune which even references 4LO.
Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated. If you need to check out my current tune let me know and I will attach it later today.

Thanks

Mark

s10mods
April 29th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I am going to try this again tonight, I built a jumper a liong time ago to try a 411 without repinning and I thought I had everything working. I didnt want to re-pin because I ended up using my 411 for another project and my other truck is stock anyway. I picked up another 411 today and am going to try it again.I think a trans segment swap should fix it?

makoskey
April 29th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I tried a trans segment swap from a 02 s10 with the same OS number.. didnt work.
When I did the swap I just copied the transmission segment.

I even tried a full reflash the entire 411 with a tune from a 4.3 (ran like poo but it still wouldnt shift while in 4LO). Still dont work. I know the pin is in the right spot Red connector pin 16. I tried to put it in 4LO and ground that pin(put a permanent ground on it)
still didnt work.

I have been looking around to make sure the 4LO pin is in the right spot but I found any data for the 411 pin inputs yet(except for the one lextech made up.)

s10mods
April 29th, 2008, 08:08 AM
well, I was sure i had it working, but I must not have. I also tried a trans segment swap and it didnt work. I also started with a 2002 silvy file and copied only the engine segment from a van over and that made it not start. I think it might be in the system part of the file or something.

s10mods
April 29th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I tried a trans segment swap from a 02 s10 with the same OS number.. didnt work.
When I did the swap I just copied the transmission segment.

I even tried a full reflash the entire 411 with a tune from a 4.3 (ran like poo but it still wouldnt shift while in 4LO). Still dont work. I know the pin is in the right spot Red connector pin 16. I tried to put it in 4LO and ground that pin(put a permanent ground on it)
still didnt work.

I have been looking around to make sure the 4LO pin is in the right spot but I found any data for the 411 pin inputs yet(except for the one lextech made up.)

was your 4.3 tune from a 4x4 s10?

makoskey
April 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I wasn't sure. It just said S10. I tried 3 different ones though to be safe. 1 from a s10, blazer and the 3rd which you did silverado.

I tried emailing Justin at BlackBear but haven't heard anything back yet. Was hoping maybe he had an idea. I would really like to get this fixed!

I wonder if I can put that pin to another input that uses performance mode? I can just use the tables for performance portion when it goes to 4LO.

Part of the problem is like you said the OS. There isn't any other OS we can put into the 411 for a 5.7 vortec 4x4 with 4LO trigger..bummer :bawl:

s10mods
April 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
wel, I had my 411 programmed with a tech II with a 2002 ZR2 vin and calibration then read it out then copied engine cal,diag and fuel system and it works. I have a 98 pushbutton 4x4 and this file works I just tried it about 10 minutes ago, it shifts in 4 lo under part throttle and it will even shift in to 4th when going fast enough. I dont know where else to post this file, but I know there are many people that need it.

s10mods
April 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
make sure that c2 pin 16 has ground when in 4 lo, I double checked this on mine and it works.

makoskey
April 29th, 2008, 12:39 PM
make sure that c2 pin 16 has ground when in 4 lo, I double checked this on mine and it works.

s10mods..thank you so much. It works. If you are ever in SiouxFalls, SD look me up..I owe you a few beers!!!:beer:

s10mods
April 29th, 2008, 09:59 PM
cool, thanks I dont know if I will get out that way but if I ever am, i'll take you up on that offer. :beer:

joecar
May 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Good job...:cheers:

http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7157

hquick
May 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Well....
Just tried using Joe's file and converting to COS3..didn't work.
Took it for a drive and it wouldn't change gears in 4LO (wasn't getting a ground sig out of C216).
I'll email Paul and ask if he wouldn't mind looking into the file and see if it can be fixed.

hquick
May 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Just tried setting up this Cal by converting it to COS3 and then hand swapping every parameter in the tune.
Didn't work!
Trans made a terrible noise and truck sounds/feels like it doesn't want to move at all.
Attached is my current tune and the converted tune.
If you do a compare...they are the same...but there is obviously something we're not seeing which is VERY different.

s10mods
May 4th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Howard, the file I posted is for vehicles running a 4L60E. did you do a trans segment swap for your burb since your running a 4L80E?

hquick
May 4th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Tried doing just the trans seg swap Joe.
No go!

stroker97k1500
May 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Howard,
Here is the tune I have in my 0411 that shifts in 4L. with the 80e and same T-case you have
Robby

hquick
May 5th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks Robby.
I'll give it a try.
I suspect it's a COS3 issue???

hquick
May 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Well....
As I'm running OLSD 2bar...with the help of Jez we swapped your tune to COS3 01270003 and then I went through from start to finish and changed every individual table/file/setting.
Ran the tune this morning and strangely it ran a full 2pts richer across the board as oppposed to the exact same tune I was running the day before on COS3 02020003.
So....I guess there are deffinately some differences in the files we DON'T see.

stroker97k1500
May 7th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Howard,
I am sure you did, but asking anyway... you did change the cyl volume b/w my tune and yours right?

hquick
May 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Yes Robby.
Noticed yours was setup for the 383.
I have my VE nearly dialled in again.
I haven't tried the 4lo yet.

MICK
May 7th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Well....
As I'm running OLSD 2bar...with the help of Jez we swapped your tune to COS3 01270003 and then I went through from start to finish and changed every individual table/file/setting.
Ran the tune this morning and strangely it ran a full 2pts richer across the board as oppposed to the exact same tune I was running the day before on COS3 02020003.
So....I guess there are deffinately some differences in the files we DON'T see.

Howard,

Compared to GM Software "INCA 7.1" there are many parameters not listed and you could be right. Most of the missing parameters are not required and will only add to the confusion.

I am interested in how you fair up with that lean throttle tip in issue now you have changed operating systems.

I think from memory this was a operating system part number Jeff uses.

You are quite the adventurer now, I am glad you are more comfortable with tuning your own vehicle.

Cheers

Mick

hquick
May 7th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks Mick...for everything....you got me started in this. :cheers:
Lean tip-in hasn't changed. I have noticed that at times I don't get the rich 'tip-out' :mrgreen: on sudden decel. Not too worried about decel though because DFCO will take care of that.
Very strange that the different OS made the AFR go a full 2pts richer globally.
Nearly back to dialled in and will try the 4LO this weekend.

hquick
May 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Can anyone see where my timing is going?
I've looked everywhere for it....but just can't find it.
See frames 2553 to 2731 for example.

Thanks

MICK
May 7th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks Mick...for everything....you got me started in this. :cheers:
Lean tip-in hasn't changed. I have noticed that at times I don't get the rich 'tip-out' :mrgreen: on sudden decel. Not too worried about decel though because DFCO will take care of that.
Very strange that the different OS made the AFR go a full 2pts richer globally.
Nearly back to dialled in and will try the 4LO this weekend.

Strangely enough Howard we and most others bagged that FMU when installed on your truck but from what memory serves me you never had any lean tip in issues when it was installed. Some thought for you even if it is from a artificial source.

hquick
May 7th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah...I've thought about it....but don't want to....shouldn't have to...and I'm just not going to let this damned machine beat me. Lol!

MICK
May 7th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I do agree that you should not have to, but if there is no fix in the PCM yet, then you have this option to fall back on where others don't.

I would be disappointed with the thought of you giving up.

stroker97k1500
January 21st, 2009, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have a 4l80e 4x4 van tune I could try to make my 4low shift?
here is my current tune.

hquick
January 21st, 2009, 09:45 PM
I think my tune is still based on the one you sent me Robby.

s10mods
January 18th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I tried a 4L80E segment swap on this file to see if it works for a 4L80E setup. if anybody can test it let me know if it works.

Whipped383
June 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Has anyone gotten the 4lo to work with the cos? I have the 411 with the 4l60e trans and used the tune that s10 posted and it worked. Then somehow uploading my tune it got corrupted so I started over with a supposed 4x4 tune from another site and swaped in what I needed to but only did a cal flash not a full flash cause I figured they where the same and everything worked fine still. Then last night I upgraded my injectors and threw in a 2 bar map and pulled the whipple electronics re flashed and decided while I had the laptop out id start on the cos. So I did a full reflash with the cos then flashed in the cal from the tune right before just so itd be set up to start working on pulled it and saved it. I never tried it or even started it with the cos stuff in there I just did a full re flash of the tune right before and now the low isnt working. So its definatly got to be something in the system we arent seeing. But I really need the cos to get my fueling right with boost.

Whipped383
June 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Just a thought and Im sure its been thought of but what happens if you take the cos file for the working s10 file you started with then do the segment swaps?

Whipped383
June 5th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Anyone? Does the s10 file this was derives from have a different os number?

Whipped383
June 6th, 2011, 04:07 PM
So I just did the cos3 upgrade and the low works! I dont know how or why but it does. I still have some stuff to iron out with the cos and alot I dont understand with it and it runs like poo but made it to the end of the street in low and overdrive

ScarabEpic22
June 6th, 2011, 05:06 PM
What the ?? Post up the base and the upgraded COS file, Im sure there are guys who want to be able to do this!

joecar
June 7th, 2011, 03:42 AM
+1 please post immediate pre-COS base file and COS file.

Whipped383
June 7th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Ill post some up tonight is anone willing to test it?

joecar
June 7th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I'm sure someone with a 4x4 will show up.

Whipped383
June 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Ok here are 3 tunes the base cos, the base working 4x4 tune, and the 2 merged togeter. its not totally set up and still needs work and if anyone wants to give me pointers thatd be great like I said im a newbie at this. Please do not re distribute these but feel free to use them and test them once others have tested them and verified that they work then use them at will. I just dont want these all over the place If they arent working properly. The COS3_0002 is the one thats partially set up that I tested the low with and the one I need pointers on

Whipped383
June 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Well I hope they work for you guys I just emailed the 0002 tune to aloicios and he did some work on it and sent it back labeled as a 0004 I did a full reflash with it because I had put the old os back in it, and the low didnt work. So I did a full reflash with the 0002 file and the low worked so I then did just a cal only flash of the 0004 tune over it and the low still worked. Dunno what happened there but its wierd

ScarabEpic22
June 7th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Hmmm, did he fix the out of range cells that appear when you open the 0002 file? Maybe that part of the COS overwrites the 4 LOW settings...

Whipped383
June 7th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah he fixed that and I had the same thought but currently it works and no out of range cells. I am going to try just copying the differences over and doing a full re flash and see what happens.

joecar
June 8th, 2011, 02:28 AM
You have to fix the OOR in these parameters: A0001, A0002, A0012, A0013.

For A0012, A0013: set those to 511.
For A0001, A0002: set those to 99, save file, exit tunetool, restart tunetool, set those to 100, save file.

joecar
June 8th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Also, B3647 is wrong (it contains values for B3605), for example what is open loop commanded fuel at idle.

Whipped383
June 8th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks joe I got those fixed. I need to do some RAF stuff my idle sucks

Whipped383
July 27th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Well anyone been able to try it on thier ride?

Here is my most current tune I just pulled it from the pcm with everything working correctly

zapp168
October 7th, 2012, 03:08 AM
It seems to be in the system file, I did a segment swap of 9373619 and yes, now 4X4 low shifts, but my A/C quit. I flashed it back to the way I had it and the A/C works again. I am going to look for another segment and keep trying.

Whipped383
October 7th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Theres already tunes that work what exactly are you trying to acomplish?

zapp168
October 7th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Theres already tunes that work what exactly are you trying to acomplish?

I want my 4x4 lo to shift and my A/C to work using COS3. I swapped the 9373619 system segment and 4X4 lo shifts, but the A/C won't come on, no codes, works with scan tool activation, but if it is on with the scan tool and I hit the AC button it shuts off the compressor and says "AC pressure out of range". Maybe the wiring is different for the truck AC? I took the computer and harness from a 2000 Camaro. I tried system segment 9373554 from an 02 silverado and 9373941 from an 02 avalanche, neither worked with the AC (did not bother to check 4lo). This is in a 93 Toyota 4X4 with a 4L60E

Whipped383
October 8th, 2012, 02:18 AM
See post #45 that one works with 4lo and 2 bar map. Are you running the l31? I know theres a diference in the camaro pressure switch and the truck pressure switch, alot of guys are swapping to the camaro switch so they can run E fans. I know for a fact a few guys that have posted here have done that

zapp168
October 8th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I looked at the diagrams this morning, the trucks have a high and low pressure switch the camaro has the one presure switch on the hi side. Post #45 uses 9373619 segment, which makes the 4X4 lo work, but the AC is wired different. I will poke through alldata and see what I can find. People are using the van segment, but isn't that 2WD?

zapp168
October 8th, 2012, 03:09 AM
I looked at the diagrams this morning, the trucks have a high and low pressure switch the camaro has the one presure switch on the hi side. Post #45 uses 9373619 segment, which makes the 4X4 lo work, but the AC is wired different. I will poke through alldata and see what I can find. People are using the van segment, but isn't that 2WD?

Whipped383
October 8th, 2012, 01:57 PM
The van segment was blended with a ZR2 tune to get the low working from my understanding. Check over on ppe theres lots of guys there that are aware of the 3 wire ac sensor. From what I recall they had to use the base tune here and use tunercats to get whatever they needed in the system file for the 3 wire sensor. EFIlive is not capable of adding whatever it is thats needed to make it work properly and theres lots of guys over there that can help you out.

zapp168
October 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM
The van segment was blended with a ZR2 tune to get the low working from my understanding. Check over on ppe theres lots of guys there that are aware of the 3 wire ac sensor. From what I recall they had to use the base tune here and use tunercats to get whatever they needed in the system file for the 3 wire sensor. EFIlive is not capable of adding whatever it is thats needed to make it work properly and theres lots of guys over there that can help you out.

Thank you....I will probably just heliarc the new sensors in and wire it like a truck....

zapp168
October 9th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Acronyms....ha. What is PPE? Try a search for it see what comes up....LOL

EagleMark
October 9th, 2012, 06:21 AM
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/

zapp168
October 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/

thank you!!!

zapp168
October 22nd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Still no luck, I tried swapping a 01 truck engine segments into my tune, but after swapping everything over truck will not start.....uggg.

Savana25004x4
July 28th, 2016, 04:42 PM
wel, I had my 411 programmed with a tech II with a 2002 ZR2 vin and calibration then read it out then copied engine cal,diag and fuel system and it works. I have a 98 pushbutton 4x4 and this file works I just tried it about 10 minutes ago, it shifts in 4 lo under part throttle and it will even shift in to 4th when going fast enough. I dont know where else to post this file, but I know there are many people that need it.

OK, so I'm bringing up an old thread as I'm having issues making 4lo work. My project is as follows: 1998 GMC Savana extended cargo van, converted to 4WD. 0411 PCM/L31/4L80e/US Gear 20% Underdrive/NP205 equipped with switches on both the Hi/Lo range and 2/4WD shift rails. Here is what I did to get 4lo working, I downloaded the file posted in post #7. I merged this file with the '02 express van file I've been modifying to make the performance shift mode work for the underdrive when engaged (Underdrive in Low - 1.25:1) and Normal shift mode work with the Underdrive in pass through mode (Underdrive in Hi 1:1) - (see v14_... tune file) note this tune file is pretty much a stock L31 '02 e van tune with modified shift tables, TCC engagement tables, Speedo and a few other things and it stays stuck in 1st gear if the transfer case (NP205) is shifted in to low range (1.96:1)... Starting with the tune file from post #7 I did segment swaps from the tune file I had been modifying for the for the Underdrive (v14_...), the only segment I did not swap in from this file was the system segment (see v13_... tune file), which by all the post I've read seems to contain the invisible parameter(s) that allows 4lo to work normally and have the transmission shift through all the gears, so this segment is unchanged from the file from post #7. So this tune file (v13_...) worked and when the transfer case was shifted into low range I was able to get the 4L80e to shift all the way to 4th gear...

However... there is one undesirable and baffling side effect that I noticed. With the tune file that includes 4lo shifting correctly (v13_...) I now have a problem in that something is wrong with how the transmission is shifting with the transfer case in high range (1:1) and driving at normal road speeds, so at around 20-35MPH the transmission wants to lurch into 4th then back into 3rd, back to 4th rapidly all this happening under the specified speed for the 3-4 upshift in the performance shift mode (had not tried to see if this issue is also present in "Normal" shift mode). See the log file LS1B_0028 showing this issue with the v13_... tune. After capturing that data I then swapped back to the v14_... tune file that does not allow 4lo to work correctly and it shifts fine (no 3-4, 4-3 hysteresis) in performance shift mode, transfer case in high range at normal road speed and seems to shift inline with the modified performance shift tables, see LS1B_0029 for this data.

The only difference between these two tune files (unless I made a mistake or am not understanding the implications of using a tune that was originally intended for a 4L60e) is the system segment. All other segments should be identical, what am I missing here?
Anyone have some thoughts on what to try next to get 4lo to work and not have bizarre 3-4, 4-3 shifting issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did develop my own spreadsheet to check and make sure my shift tables and TCC engagement used the following rules:
(2-1)<(1-2)
(3-2)<(2-3)
(4-3)<(3-4)
(1-2)<(3-2)
(2-3)<(4-3)
(2-1)<(2nd TCC Rel)
(2nd TCC Rel)<(2nd TCC App)
(1-2)<(2 TCC App)
(3-2)<(3rd TCC Rel)
(3rd TCC Rel)<(3rd TCC App)
(2-3)<(3 TCC App)
(4-3)<(4th TCC Rel)
(4th TCC Rel)<(4th TCC App)
(3-4)<(4 TCC App)

Perhaps I still have something wrong in the shift tables or spreadsheet used to check them (I'm not seeing it at the moment) or I need to increase the 3-4, 4-3 shift speed spread (is 4MPH difference to little at 25% TPS)???

Thanks,

Mark