PDA

View Full Version : New cam - rich idle??

Tomcat
April 28th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hi guys!!

I just get installed new big cam to my LS6 and it works just fine...but the idle!!!

I think the big cam/overlap make the problem?? Engine can get air passing right though the cylinder into the exhaust making the WB say it lean when its really not....right??

There is lot of topics of the same problem but wich is the correct way to make idle right :lookaround:

Bruce Melton
April 28th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Add air via b4307 and timing to ~24* across the 600-1200 table.
You also need to supply more info on your application.

Tomcat
April 29th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks Bruce!!

Here is some specs...

63 Corvette / LS6 2003 engine / T56 / Dana44 3.75 ( weight 2750lbs )

Engine

- Lightly ported stock heads
- Cam 228/230 .571/.573 112lsa
- Springs/retainers
- Mangnum pushrods
- Compression 10.8:1
- Thertmostat 180f
- Redline 6900rpm

Others

Efi-Live
Fuel reg ( 59psi )
Long tube headers
2 x 2.5" Exhaust / Borla mufflers ( No Cat )
C6 Vette intake / K&N panels

Tomcat
May 2nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Add air via b4307 and timing to ~24* across the 600-1200 table.
You also need to supply more info on your application.

b4307 tuning helps a lot, but looks like PCM turn it back to rich after while...
How can I void that??

Tomcat
May 9th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Now the AFR is OK, but I still have problem with idle...:crash:

Do I find the medic from Throtle cracker or Throtle flower table??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

joecar
May 9th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Tomcat, welcome...:cheers:

Someone who knows idle will chime in...

In the meantime, have you read this: showthread.php?t=4661 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661)

Tomcat
May 9th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Tomcat, welcome...:cheers:

Someone who knows idle will chime in...

In the meantime, have you read this: showthread.php?t=4661 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661)

WOW!!! Thanks joecar!!!

SSpdDmon
May 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah, you're going to need to tackle the fueling along with the pointers in that thread. Post up a copy of the tune and we'll get ya a starter file.

Tomcat
May 10th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah, you're going to need to tackle the fueling along with the pointers in that thread. Post up a copy of the tune and we'll get ya a starter file.

Thanks SSpdDmon!!! Here is link to my "base file"

http://www.saunalahti.fi/boiv/Z06%20gallery/ and there is BaseTomi Efilive file.

That file is used before new cam...and car works perfectly with that file.

SSpdDmon
May 11th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Funny - it looks like you're running an '03 LS6 off of an '01 f-body file. Is there a reason for this? Are you running a cable between the throttle body and gas pedal (non-ETC setup)?

Bruce Melton
May 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Funny - it looks like you're running an '03 LS6 off of an '01 f-body file. Is there a reason for this? Are you running a cable between the throttle body and gas pedal (non-ETC setup)?

That is significant.:yucky:

Tomcat
May 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM

Speartech make the harness for my C2 Vette using f-body PCM / cable throtlebody.

SSpdDmon
May 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Well, I went through quite a few things - including a rough start for your VE. The timing should be fine, but keep an eye out for KR. You're going to have to knock out the fueling yourself (I'm assuming you're hooking up a WBO2, right?!?!?!).

Give this one a try and see how it does.

Tomcat
May 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Well, I went through quite a few things - including a rough start for your VE. The timing should be fine, but keep an eye out for KR. You're going to have to knock out the fueling yourself (I'm assuming you're hooking up a WBO2, right?!?!?!).

Give this one a try and see how it does.

Thanks SSpdDmon!!! I try to download it tomorrow... What comes to AFR it is not problem I went to Dyno in anycase.

btw did you remap the hole thing or only IDLE table??

joecar
May 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Tomcat,

Open you new tune file, and click on the History and the Differenaces tab.

Then open your previous tune as the alternate tune, then press the compare button (the left-right-horizontal-red-arrow button)...
then on each table you can view the current table, the alternate table, and the cells that are different.

Cheers
Joe

SSpdDmon
May 12th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Tomcat,

Open you new tune file, and click on the History and the Differenaces tab.

Then open your previous tune as the alternate tune, then press the compare button (the left-right-horizontal-red-arrow button)...
then on each table you can view the current table, the alternate table, and the cells that are different.

Cheers
Joe
http://motownmuscle.com/forums/images/smilies/werd.gif

Just so you understand the VE change - it's just to get you started. I put in an LS6 VE table, removed fuel around idle, and added fuel above 2K rpm. You'll need to dial that table in per the AutoVE tutorial (excluding the part where it tells you to increase the VE for safety - already done). :)

joecar
May 12th, 2008, 11:11 AM
lol... here's what I meant to say but grammar escaped me...

SSpdDmon
May 13th, 2008, 07:47 AM
V2 per my PM

Tomcat
May 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks again!!! :master: