PDA

View Full Version : Older OBD2 V6 support?

Telco
April 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I'm looking at trading the wife's Toyota minivan for a car sometime in the next few weeks, might even be today. We are looking at anything from 2000 on up, with her favorite being the Buick LeSabre. Another possibility is a Pontiac Grand Prix. I saw in the Supported Vehicles area that the V6 Grand Prix, 2006 - 2008 is supported. Any chance that an older one might be? How hard would it be to make this happen? I'd really love to be able to tune whatever I get for her, seeing as I was able to improve mileage on my dad's truck by quite a bit. If it's possible at some point in the future then great, otherwise I'll have to look for another solution for it. Gas costs too much to not work the computer over for better economy. Thanks.

TAQuickness
April 29th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I've been here too long. I saw V6 and was thinking EFILive Version 6 :D

Not sure on your tuning question. Paul or Ross should chime in soon.

GMPX
April 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6677

Telco
April 30th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Cool thanks. Looks like it might not be happening though, everything in the range we are willing to spend has been junk so far. What's bad is my top price is 10 grand for a replacement. Looks like we are just going to keep the van for the next year or two. We own it outright, and the only thing we don't like about it is we needed it to carry 5, now only carry 4 and before the end of the year will only be carrying 3, once in a great while. Oh well...