PDA

View Full Version : V7.3 update

GMPX
August 7th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Hi All,

O.K, to save the bunches of Emails we are getting I'll let you all know what is going on, it's only days away hopefully, so we better let you all know.

What we hope will be the final Beta test version was sent to the Beta testers on the weekend, currently Paul is over in Australia until Wednesday, once he gets back then we should be right to go public I would think. Maybe a day or so after that to fix up any final issues and compile an install for downloading etc.
So far the last beta version has been O.K for me which is a good sign.

In conjunction with this new update will be a bunch of new tables in Tune, many enhancements to both Tune and Scan, plus 2 sets of new Custom Operating Systems.

Version 2 - This will include the following -
Dual Spark Mafless with Octane scaler control.
Valet mode speed limiter selectable via a toggle switch.
Two Step Rev Limiter for NON ETC cars.

This version is perfect for those who still want to run with a MAF and don't want to have to do a retune as you will have to do with Version 3.

Version 3 - This will include the following -
Dual Spark Mafless with Octane scaler control.
Valet mode speed limiter selectable via a toggle switch.
Two Step Rev Limiter for NON ETC cars.
Full RPM vs MAP Commanded AFR table with one really neat trick!!.
2 OR 3 bar support (up to about 26psi of boost with 10kPa,1.5psi increments) plus a boost timing table.
This new O.S has been completed for most 2001 - 2005 O.S however some will not be finished by release date, but will follow soon after.
And of course, if you have a commercial license it's free!!.

We are getting quite a few emails from people saying they are desperate to tune their 2/3bar engines and can they have a pre-release.
We have been doing this in some situations, but it is getting really messy as we are updating things daily that make backwards compatibility an issue.
So for now, as we are on the last stages it would be easier and less time consuming for everyone if you all could just please wait.

Thanks,
Ross

BowlingSS
August 8th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the info.

Bill

bink
August 8th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the update!!

I've been waiting for this. :D

QUICKSILVER2002
August 8th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the update!!

This is going to be awsome. You guys better get ready for a bunch of orders to come in.

Dirk Diggler
August 8th, 2005, 04:18 AM
I want to get rid of my external 2- step lol

87gmc
August 8th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Question, as long as I have my 99 updated to 01-02 O.S. I can use the new custom O.S. being released?

Black02SS
August 8th, 2005, 04:37 AM
No, you will still need to do a full re-flash with the new cal from my understanding.

TAQuickness
August 8th, 2005, 07:48 AM
y'all really need a :drool: icon

87gmc
August 8th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the update!!

This is going to be awsome. You guys better get ready for a bunch of orders to come in.

I'll be on them updating to the custom o.s., already have my credit card ready

GMPX
August 8th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Question, as long as I have my 99 updated to 01-02 O.S. I can use the new custom O.S. being released?

Our custom O.S's are modified in a way that if you for example have a 2001 O.S of 12202088 then you can flash your existing calibrations into any 0125000x custom O.S, the 2/3bar and other upcoming O.S aren't exactly a flash and start deal because we changed some of the table structures, but it only takes maybe 10 - 15 mins to change them.
Once you have one done you could just save that file as a 'base' Custom O.S upgrade for say a Camaro, then any 2001 Camaro you get you just full flash that file in without needing to changed the modified factory tables to suit the new O.S. It's not hard to do and we will have a pdf tutorial to download as well.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
August 8th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I want to get rid of my external 2- step lol

Ah, I should mention this is a fuel cut, not spark cut. I don't think you can actually turn of the spark system in this PCM to act like a Two Step.
Picture the same situation when you hit the limiter, that is what it will do.
It's fast acting though, l can't remember the actual numbers but the rev limiter routines run many times per second, about 60 I think, and at lower RPM the fuel cut is quite tame.

Cheers,
Ross

87gmc
August 9th, 2005, 01:53 AM

Our custom O.S's are modified in a way that if you for example have a 2001 O.S of 12202088 then you can flash your existing calibrations into any 0125000x custom O.S, the 2/3bar and other upcoming O.S aren't exactly a flash and start deal because we changed some of the table structures, but it only takes maybe 10 - 15 mins to change them.
Once you have one done you could just save that file as a 'base' Custom O.S upgrade for say a Camaro, then any 2001 Camaro you get you just full flash that file in without needing to changed the modified factory tables to suit the new O.S. It's not hard to do and we will have a pdf tutorial to download as well.

Cheers,
Ross

Ok my pcm is a 99 so i would need to do a full reflash to a 01 or 02 then i could use the custom o.s.?

GMPX
August 9th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Ok my pcm is a 99 so i would need to do a full reflash to a 01 or 02 then i could use the custom o.s.?

Correct, the 1999/2000 code was just too different to the 2001+ PCM code to justify us spending time on modifiying them...of course everyone with a 1999/2000 PCM want to update it to 2001/2002 anyway, it makes sense to when going MAF-less.
But unfortunately you cannot use your existing 1999 PCM tune in any 2001+ OS (factory or EFILive), tables changed structure between these years and cannot be transferred.
To flash in a custom O.S is doesn't really matter what is in the PCM already as the entire thing gets wiped. Kinda like going from Win98 to XP, process is Format C: , start again, same with the PCM O.S upgrade.

Hope that helps,
Ross

87gmc
August 9th, 2005, 02:30 AM

Correct, the 1999/2000 code was just too different to the 2001+ PCM code to justify us spending time on modifiying them...of course everyone with a 1999/2000 PCM want to update it to 2001/2002 anyway, it makes sense to when going MAF-less.
But unfortunately you cannot use your existing 1999 PCM tune in any 2001+ OS (factory or EFILive), tables changed structure between these years and cannot be transferred.
To flash in a custom O.S is doesn't really matter what is in the PCM already as the entire thing gets wiped. Kinda like going from Win98 to XP, process is Format C: , start again, same with the PCM O.S upgrade.

Hope that helps,
Ross

Helps a bunch also ross i had some questions in the stickys when you get a chance can you elaborate on those, also its 2 am go to bed!!!!!!!!

thanks
chris

leres
August 10th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Let's say I have a 2000 and plan on keeping the MAF. I think this means I won't want to run a custom OS (since they all seem to be MAFless). Are there any other reasons I might want to use a 2001 OS? Getting rid of the backup VE table is the only one I know if (and that's minor). Also, would the EGR still work with a 2001 OS?

Right now I'm stock with an upgraded airbox, air filter and exhaust. Later I might do a cam, intake and heads.

TAQuickness
August 10th, 2005, 10:59 PM
You can always leave the EGR in place, but '01+ = !EGR.

joecar
August 11th, 2005, 03:43 AM
2001/2002 F-bodies come with {B1301} EGR System Enable set to disabled.

blackblowngto
August 11th, 2005, 07:27 AM
so this system will automatically be set to read a 2bar sensor correctly? by the way, what is power enrichment? i want an a/f ratio of 11.9, so do i set the PE table at 11.9? thanks for the help

leres
September 8th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I've been looking at a lot of MAFs lately and frequently get an access violation when switching between bins. You guys are probably on top of this but I figured out how to reproduce it so I thought I'd post the recipe.

Using sample tunes that I believe came with EFILive, first open 2001_Covette_Man.tun and search for {B5001}. The hit ^O and open 2000_Truck.tun. At this point, a popup says:

Access violation at address 0051AE3D in module 'EFILiveTune.exe'. Read of address 023982F0.
(The read address varies.)

I'm using:
EFILive_Tune.exe build 273
EFILive_Scan.exe build 281
obdiiV7.dll build 417

Blacky
September 8th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Hmmm! no we're obviously not on top of it here. Following your instructions, I can reproduce that same problem - although different addresses.
If I put *everything* in metric then the problem does not occur.
So it looks like a units conversion issue. We will get it fixed asap.

Thanks for tracking it down - nice job.
Paul

leres
September 18th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Regarding V7.3, pre-release 008, the EFILive V7.3 Update (http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_730.html) page seems to say that the AutoVE Tuning tutorial was updated on September 14th and indeed when I download it, the file timestamp is September 14th but the date in the actual document is August 19th, 2004. Was the wrong version uploaded for download or was the date not updated in the new version?

Blacky
September 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM
That is the latest version (Aug 19, 2005). The date on the web site was updated because we changed the name of the file from "AutoVE.pdf" to "AutoVE Tuning Tutorial.pdf".

Regards
Paul

zrx1200
September 19th, 2005, 06:47 AM
how far away is the finished version of 7.3

leres
September 21st, 2005, 04:43 AM
I've been looking at a lot of MAFs lately and frequently get an access violation when switching between bins.
BTW, I loaded 008 yesterday and this bug is still in effect.

Blacky
September 21st, 2005, 09:11 AM
I've been looking at a lot of MAFs lately and frequently get an access violation when switching between bins.
BTW, I loaded 008 yesterday and this bug is still in effect.

Working on it....
Paul