PDA

View Full Version : '08 TBSS E67 fan control?

JAY4SPEED
April 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
When looking at OS 12618164 on an '08 TBSS there are no electric fan control options. GM went to a full mechanical engine driven fan for '08 on the TBSS. A popular mod is to incorporate the '07 Corvette electric fans with fan controller (PWM driven) or using LS1 fbody fans (relay controlled) off of pin 49 of connector 3 on the E67. Until now, people have been having to revert back to the 07 OS to gain the electric fans function of the E67 (so I'm told). Would it be possible to apply a fan patch or a custom OS with a segment swap for the 12618164 OS to allow fan controls on pin 49? Also, could it be included for the fan patch that we can have a lower parameter than 192* F for table G0901?

Thanks,

Jay

ScarabEpic22
April 30th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Crap, guess the 09s will prob be the same way. What a PITA, I still cant run efans on my I6 and now GM is making it impossible for the LS2 as well. Wow GM. I cant speak for EFILive, but if its something that can be gained from full flashing an 07 OS, maybe part of an 07 OS can be merged with an 08 one? Dont know how long that would take or how involved.

JAY4SPEED
April 30th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I was hoping to be able to do that but you can't swap segments with a different OS :redface: (as far as I know). I was hoping that it could be done on a higher level and applied as a patch or custom OS. I know HPT has the ability to apply the patch (on 06 and 07) but I'm an EFILive kind of guy.

Jay

ScarabEpic22
April 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I didnt think you could segment swap from different OSs, thanks for confirming that. But you're right, maybe the EFILive team can make a patch so its a few clicks...

GMPX
May 1st, 2008, 09:58 AM
Well I must be missing something with all this. From what I have seen there is a lot of parameters and tables that need to be set up for correct fan operation (on the E38 at least).
I would be very surprised if it was a simple as telling the ECM the fan type (discrete / PWM etc) and having everything work, maybe I am wrong if others have done it so simply.
If we get all the fan controls in I know there will be at least two people who can stop sending me Emails about it :wave:

Cheers,
Ross

JAY4SPEED
May 1st, 2008, 05:09 PM
Ross,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure your probably aware that the '06 TBSS used an E40 ECM and the '07 and '08 TBSS uses an E67.

The table in which I was speaking of was G0910 in the '06 TBSS E40 OS posted below. You can switch the output of the pin of the ECM to whatever you need for fan control (G0910). The '07 and '06 TBSS shared the same type of ectroviscous fan setup that both were controlled by the ECM. (I'm assuming the '07 E67 system segment is the same as the '06 E40 because I do not have an '07 TBSS E67 file on hand) I'm assuming that both the '06 and '07 OSs have G0910 in common. In the '08 TBSS E67 OS that I posted in the first link (the file from my personal vehicle), it seems those tables were deleted because of the vehicle using the mechanical engine driven fan setup.

Assuming that the '07 TBSS E67 OS system segment is similar to the '06 E40 TBSS system segment, could that same system segment be applied to the '08 E67 OS?

If we get all the fan controls in I know there will be at least two people who can stop sending me Emails about it

The reason why we are asking for this is that it is a very common mod to do to this vehicle and right now the only option to have this done is through HPT as a patch, therefore HPT has a big market share of the TBSS tuning clientèle. I'd like to see EFILive gain some of the TBSS clientèle as I belive that EFILive is superior to HPT in every other aspect of tuning. If we can get this to work, I'll be doing a writeup on "how to do the efan setup yourself" featuring EFILive on the TBSS forums and give some of the other guys an alternative and "show them the light" with EFILive :notacrook: instead of buying a fan kit and sending your ECM in to be patched and locked by some of the HPT mail order tuners doing the conversion.

Here are the OSs for comparison: By the way does anyone have a stock '07 TBSS E67 file that I can look over?

Low03noma
May 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I would also like to see this. Ive got my fans on my tbss on an on-off switch and its getting old!

I believe my friends 06 just switched it to discrete and that was it, but i dont have this option (mines an 07)

JAY4SPEED
May 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I would also like to see this. Ive got my fans on my tbss on an on-off switch and its getting old!

I believe my friends 06 just switched it to discrete and that was it, but i dont have this option (mines an 07)

Would you happen to have a copy of your stock .tun file? If so would you email it to me or post it up (email jay4speed@cox.net ) I'm looking for differences (if any) between the '06 files and the '07 files for fan control. Thanks!

Jay

Low03noma
May 12th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Would you happen to have a copy of your stock .tun file? If so would you email it to me or post it up (email jay4speed@cox.net ) I'm looking for differences (if any) between the '06 files and the '07 files for fan control. Thanks!

Jay

Ive got it, ill try to remember to post it up after work..

JAY4SPEED
May 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks looking forward to it!

Jay

Low03noma
May 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Here is a stock 07 tbss file

JAY4SPEED
May 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Perfect! Thanks for taking the time to post it up for me.

Jay

Low03noma
May 13th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Perfect! Thanks for taking the time to post it up for me.

Jay

Hey, no problem. What did you figure out?

I remember one of my friends saying on his 06 all he did was change from pwm engine to discrete and it worked. The 07 doesnt have the ability to change it to "discrete." How different are the 08 tables?

ScarabEpic22
May 14th, 2008, 05:47 PM
The 08s use a different setup from GM, and therefore GM didnt bother to put or make the fan tables easily accessible. Im pretty sure 06 and 07s can change the fan type easily, but if you say the 07s cant Ive heard HPT can on 07s. They dont have 08s figured out either though.

JAY4SPEED
May 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Hey, no problem. What did you figure out?

I remember one of my friends saying on his 06 all he did was change from pwm engine to discrete and it worked. The 07 doesnt have the ability to change it to "discrete." How different are the 08 tables?

Just like Erik said, the '08s are totally different. Seems that the '06s were the only ones that EFIlive had the ability to add on efans fairly easily. I know that they are swapping segments from other O.S.s in HPtuners to get the '07s and now the '08s (so I'm told that the '08 efan control as of a few days ago) to get the pin on the ECM to control efans. EFIlive (understandably) does not allow swapping segments between 2 different O.S. much less than 2 different ECMs E40 and E67 for reasons (I assume) as not to crash the ECM. However, there has to be a way to do this via patch or custom O.S. because that his how its getting done by other programs. Seems if there was a way to integrate the E38 fan control segment into the E40 / E67 with the option to select either a descrete on/off output for fan relay control (LS1 F body fans) or a PWM signal for variable speed fans (C6 Vette efan setup). That would be the hot ticket.

I tune my customer's vehicles with EFIlive. I don't want to have my truck tuned by HPtuners rendering my EFIlive incapable of reading / writing to my own ECM from their custom patch. Therefore, I'm holding off on tuning my own vehicle with my EFIlive hardware and patiently waiting to see if this can / will be implemented and if so, when.

Yes this is for my own benefit but I do believe that EFIlive is missing the boat on potential customers. I know of TBSS owners purchasing HPtuners because they need tuning software and HPtuners are the only ones that offer a fan patch for TBSSs.

Jay

4DRSS
May 15th, 2008, 09:43 AM
The 2006 TBSS required a patch to get the e-fans to work. It was not a simple change to the G0910 table. After the patch, my G0910 table is set to discrete and a pin was added to the pcm to trigger the new fan relays.

GMPX
May 15th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I had a look at the Fan controls for the E67, there is over 100+ parameters/tables related to fan controls.

I was sent a file with the fans converted, however I don't think it was done with HPT, in any case, it appeared all that was done is to copy the entire fans 'section' from another vehicle in to the TBSS file.

I don't want to have to configure 100+ fan parameters over 50 O.S's to make this work. Maybe a patch of the fans section might be a better option given there is only 3 E67 OS's used on the TBSS from 07+.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
May 15th, 2008, 09:58 AM
When looking at OS 12618164 on an '08 TBSS there are no electric fan control options. GM went to a full mechanical engine driven fan for '08 on the TBSS. A popular mod is to incorporate the '07 Corvette electric fans with fan controller (PWM driven) or using LS1 fbody fans (relay controlled) off of pin 49 of connector 3 on the E67. Until now, people have been having to revert back to the 07 OS to gain the electric fans function of the E67 (so I'm told). Would it be possible to apply a fan patch or a custom OS with a segment swap for the 12618164 OS to allow fan controls on pin 49? Also, could it be included for the fan patch that we can have a lower parameter than 192* F for table G0901?

Thanks,

Jay

Do you know if the 2008 Impala SS uses PWM fans? It shares the same OS as the 2008 TBSS.

Cheers,
Ross

JAY4SPEED
May 15th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks so much for looking into this Ross :)

What are the 3 O.S.s for the '07+ E67 TBSS? I can try to do some digging on my end to help out.
I know of these 2:

The '08 Impala SS uses the 3 relay series / parallel system which could be one option to use for efans:

Low03noma
May 17th, 2008, 11:13 AM
The 2006 TBSS required a patch to get the e-fans to work. It was not a simple change to the G0910 table. After the patch, my G0910 table is set to discrete and a pin was added to the pcm to trigger the new fan relays.

Not according to these guys
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301

Or at least thats what i get out of reading it. No one said they needed a patch. ( i could be wrong, just didnt see it anywhere)

(one of the guys posted his through efilive even though the thread is title "through HPtuners")

4DRSS
May 18th, 2008, 12:47 PM
^^ Yep, I posted that a while back (the EFI screenshot) and he wanted to know the settings, not the fact it needed a patch..

XLR8NSS
February 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Did this patch ever happen? I just got my '08 TBSS and have been thinking about putting some efans on it. :)

blackdeath
February 16th, 2009, 02:08 PM
anyone know where i could find a tune for my 08 tbss

BigTex
March 25th, 2009, 08:45 AM
TTT.... still looking for a way to control electric fans on a 2008 Trailblazer SS. I know JAY4SPEED gave up and went with LS1 fans with relays, but I own a C6 fan setup with PWM controller that I'd like to use.

Anyone have an EFI file for an 08 that has already been patched?

GMPX
March 25th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry, we haven't added in any further fan controls for these ECM's

BigTex
March 26th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Too bad for me then. :shock:

Ross, any chance you'd send me this file you mentioned earlier in this thread?

... I was sent a file with the fans converted, however I don't think it was done with HPT, in any case, it appeared all that was done is to copy the entire fans 'section' from another vehicle in to the TBSS file.

Chevy366
March 26th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Sorry, we haven't added in any further fan controls for these ECM's

Can you then ?
Or it this a way of saying , not going to ?

ScarabEpic22
March 26th, 2009, 07:04 AM
If its not too much trouble Id like to see said file too, email is scarabepic22 AT comcast.net. Thanks, who knows when Ill start messing with efans on my 08 TBSS but it will happen eventually! They are one of the most popular upgrades after the standard CAI because they net better gas mileage, power, and lower noise. Only downfall is in hot areas towing capacity is reduced

JAY4SPEED
March 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM
If its not too much trouble Id like to see said file too, email is scarabepic22 AT comcast.net. Thanks, who knows when Ill start messing with efans on my 08 TBSS but it will happen eventually! They are one of the most popular upgrades after the standard CAI because they net better gas mileage, power, and lower noise. Only downfall is in hot areas towing capacity is reduced

I've been singing this song for a long time. :bangin:

So it is as simple as a "system" segment swap from another E67 vehicle with the same OS? Anyone know what that is?

Jay

JAY4SPEED
March 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
TTT.... still looking for a way to control electric fans on a 2008 Trailblazer SS. I know JAY4SPEED gave up and went with LS1 fans with relays, but I own a C6 fan setup with PWM controller that I'd like to use.

Anyone have an EFI file for an 08 that has already been patched?

Actually, I'm still using the mechanical '08 fan on mine while waiting for the EFIlive work around. I also have a C6 Efan kit waiting to go in as well for several months now. It doesn't appear like an Efan patch is likely from EFIlive. If I can't construct a workaround in EFIlive, then I may have to get HPT to tune my own truck or go with an external fan controller.

On a side note, if when the aluminum radiators hit the market at a decent price that have integrated dual efans, I'll control those like the LS1 type by any of the methods mentioned above.

ScarabEpic22
March 26th, 2009, 11:39 AM
FYI Ive seen an aluminum radiator for the TBSS already, was a year or so ago but no integrated fans.

I know you've been saying this for a long time JAY4SPEED, trying to reiterate it because I now have an 08 that needs efans soon...just gotta make sure it doesnt overheat when towing because I will be towing ~4000lbs a lot more this summer than previous ones dragging the boat. As for an external controller, Flexalite makes one I like a lot and if I hadnt got my SS Id probably be using it on my 02 for efans.

BigTex
March 26th, 2009, 01:28 PM
..If I can't construct a workaround in EFIlive, then I may have to get HPT to tune my own truck or go with an external fan controller...
I don't think HPT can change the 08 TBSS to efans either, can they?

Scarab - I burned up 3 Flexalite controllers with my SilveradoSS fans. It worked great normally, but I was paranoid waiting for them to fail. I finally went to a multi relay setup.

BigTex
March 26th, 2009, 01:34 PM
So it is as simple as a "system" segment swap from another E67 vehicle with the same OS? Anyone know what that is?
As mentioned earlier in this thread, the 08 Impala SS has the same OS, so that may be the ticket. I just couldn't find an EFI file for an 08 ImpSS. I looked all over the normal repositories and even trolled around several Imp forums looking for one.

ScarabEpic22
March 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Scarab - I burned up 3 Flexalite controllers with my SilveradoSS fans. It worked great normally, but I was paranoid waiting for them to fail. I finally went to a multi relay setup.

I see, interesting cauz I know a guy thats been using one on LS1 efans on his I6 up in Canada for like 2+ years.

AFAIK HPT cant do it either. Like the Impala idea, maybe copy the fans segment over just might be the ticket. Prob is it'd have to be done manually with a hex editor for every OS to have it work, and the temp adjusting would prob have to be done inside the Impala file then copy the segment with changes back over. Tricky, but doable and worth it if segment swap works.

Chevy366
March 26th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Someone needs to dispel the myth that e-fans are bad for towing , they are not , at least not that I have found .
A 1/2 ton Chevy/GMC has e-fans and are designed for towing , in fact became standard in 05 on them , large rad and e-fans , for towing .
So , e-fans work well when towing if done right !

1BadAction
March 26th, 2009, 03:28 PM
There are a very, VERY limited number of situations where a sub-par E-fan wouldn't function as good as a mech fan. Towing something near the vehicles max rating, up a continuous grade (like through the mountains) in a lower gear is the only place I can think of where a mechanical fan do better than an electric. anywhere else, the mech fan is piss poor compared to an E-fan, especially down here dragging a boat to the beach through traffic. :rockon:

anyhow, glad I have an 07. :hihi: let me know if you need any help.

GMPX
March 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM
If I recall there is about 150 tables and parameters related to fan control in the E67, that is why we have not added them in.
Sure you might be able to tell the ECM what fan type it has, but what about the other 100 parameters related to diagnostic and correct control, I'd be happier if all that was in there, but I don't particularly feeling like adding in all those fan calibrations over 70 OS's!

Cheers,
Ross

ScarabEpic22
March 26th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Someone needs to dispel the myth that e-fans are bad for towing , they are not , at least not that I have found .
A 1/2 ton Chevy/GMC has e-fans and are designed for towing , in fact became standard in 05 on them , large rad and e-fans , for towing .
So , e-fans work well when towing if done right !

There are a very, VERY limited number of situations where a sub-par E-fan wouldn't function as good as a mech fan. Towing something near the vehicles max rating, up a continuous grade (like through the mountains) in a lower gear is the only place I can think of where a mechanical fan do better than an electric. anywhere else, the mech fan is piss poor compared to an E-fan, especially down here dragging a boat to the beach through traffic. :rockon:

anyhow, glad I have an 07. :hihi: let me know if you need any help.

Very true, but I want make sure I can tow 6600lbs up the mountains in the NW in the summer with 0 problems. Maybe Im just paranoid, but even with the stock mechanical fan clutch on my 02 it starts to overheat in 100F weather towing 4000lbs up a 10mi grade of about 3-5% grade. Its a hill that all the RVs always overheat on and cars have cooling issues in the summer.

Also, GM did extensive testing on the TrailBlazer platform and found they could not get an efan setup to cool all the time so they were forced to revert back to a mechanical clutch setup. Fullsize trucks have larger radiators which helps alleviate this problem and GM couldnt shove a big enough one in our trucks to make it work.

1BadAction
March 27th, 2009, 12:53 AM
The fan in the 06 and 07s can be made to come in earlier than they do stock, I think since yours is a true mechanical fan, you're stuck with how they work. Something that would help, is throwing the biggest trans cooler you can fit on there and bypass the one in the radiator. That will take a good bit of cooling load of the rad. Either way, unless you find some special E-fan, I don't think it'll do what you want it to.

GM put mechanical fans on these because they wanted that 6500lb tow rating, and E-fans couldn't cut the mustard on their grade test.

BigTex
March 27th, 2009, 01:37 AM
If I recall there is about 150 tables and parameters related to fan control in the E67, that is why we have not added them in.
Sure you might be able to tell the ECM what fan type it has, but what about the other 100 parameters related to diagnostic and correct control, I'd be happier if all that was in there, but I don't particularly feeling like adding in all those fan calibrations over 70 OS's!

Cheers,
Ross
Ross, I truly do understand why you would not want to spend that much effort for this issue. But what about a segment swap from another vehicle with the same OS? Any help you can give would really be appreciated.

I have 12618164 for my OS. All you other 08 guys have the same one?

Chevy366
March 27th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Very true, but I want make sure I can tow 6600lbs up the mountains in the NW in the summer with 0 problems. Maybe Im just paranoid, but even with the stock mechanical fan clutch on my 02 it starts to overheat in 100F weather towing 4000lbs up a 10mi grade of about 3-5% grade. Its a hill that all the RVs always overheat on and cars have cooling issues in the summer.

Also, GM did extensive testing on the TrailBlazer platform and found they could not get an efan setup to cool all the time so they were forced to revert back to a mechanical clutch setup. Fullsize trucks have larger radiators which helps alleviate this problem and GM couldnt shove a big enough one in our trucks to make it work.
I understand there Erik and agree , on certain applications , maybe e-fans are not the best , but to generalize that all e-fans are not good for towing is a incorrect assumption . When dealing with e-fans CFM is key , there are a lot of e-fans that produce more CFMs than their mechanical counterparts , so a e-fan with greater or equal to CFMs can replace a mechanical fan with out any degradation to performance . :hihi: So I hear ! :secret:

dc_justin
March 27th, 2009, 05:34 AM
As mentioned earlier in this thread, the 08 Impala SS has the same OS, so that may be the ticket. I just couldn't find an EFI file for an 08 ImpSS. I looked all over the normal repositories and even trolled around several Imp forums looking for one.

Richard, if you can get me a VIN # from an 08 Impala SS, I'll get you the calibration file.

BigTex
March 27th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Thank you Justin. I appreciate the help.

From ebay:
2G1WD58C789158582
2G1WD58C781332746 (http://www.autocheck.com/?siteID=204&vin=2G1WD58C789158582)

You can send the file to: richard AT z71.net

ScarabEpic22
March 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM
The fan in the 06 and 07s can be made to come in earlier than they do stock, I think since yours is a true mechanical fan, you're stuck with how they work. Something that would help, is throwing the biggest trans cooler you can fit on there and bypass the one in the radiator. That will take a good bit of cooling load of the rad. Either way, unless you find some special E-fan, I don't think it'll do what you want it to.

GM put mechanical fans on these because they wanted that 6500lb tow rating, and E-fans couldn't cut the mustard on their grade test.

I have set my fan to come on earlier than stock and it helps a ton when towing in the summer, but it doesnt come on more often. Actually all 02-07 TrailBlazer platform fans (regardless of engine) are all PWM mechanical fans that are PCM/ECM controlled, it is only the 08-09s that are purely mechanical fans. I have a 18000gvwr trans cooler that keeps the trans temps down but it still overheats on this crazy hill. And I know theres no efan out there right now that will fulfil my needs so as much as it pains me Im screwed out of luck. There are some I6 guys running Flexalite 292 fans with better success than LS1 fans. And Ive read as much GM documentation as I possibly can regarding this issue, they tried a lot of things to slap efans on our trucks but eventually couldnt make it work.

I understand there Erik and agree , on certain applications , maybe e-fans are not the best , but to generalize that all e-fans are not good for towing is a incorrect assumption . When dealing with e-fans CFM is key , there are a lot of e-fans that produce more CFMs than their mechanical counterparts , so a e-fan with greater or equal to CFMs can replace a mechanical fan with out any degradation to performance . :hihi: So I hear ! :secret:

Very true, very true. Most guys will never have a problem with efans but I just cant take that risk, at least at this point in time. CFM makes a big difference here too, and a lot of people disregard this important fact.

Chevy366
March 27th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I don't see why you just can't copy a fan segment from a say 08 Silverado , they have the fan settings and I believe E67 PCM , different OS number though .
Doesn't a Corvette and Cadillac have a E67 PCM with fans ?

dc_justin
March 27th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I don't see why you just can't copy a fan segment from a say 08 Silverado , they have the fan settings and I believe E67 PCM , different OS number though .
Doesn't a Corvette and Cadillac have a E67 PCM with fans ?

Trucks use the E38 controller. Even if they did use the E67, it's rare to come across different platforms that share an OS, sadly.

Chevy366
March 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Funny I just tuned a 08 Chevy with a E67 , and had e-fan settings . weird !

dc_justin
March 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Funny I just tuned a 08 Chevy with a E67 , and had e-fan settings . weird !

Double check that. If it has 2 harnesses into the ECM, it's an E38. You'd be seeing the first E67 equipped silverado. Might be a collector's item.

JAY4SPEED
March 27th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Ross, I truly do understand why you would not want to spend that much effort for this issue. But what about a segment swap from another vehicle with the same OS? Any help you can give would really be appreciated.

I have 12618164 for my OS. All you other 08 guys have the same one?

I am 12618164 OS as well. My "System" calibration ID number is 12610807. Guess we'll have to start looking at Caddy E67 OSs.

JAY4SPEED
March 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM

I did some asking around and checked into it and it looks like for the 2008s flashing to an 2007 OS may have worked.

JAY4SPEED
March 27th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Thank you Justin. I appreciate the help.

From ebay:
2G1WD58C789158582
2G1WD58C781332746 (http://www.autocheck.com/?siteID=204&vin=2G1WD58C789158582)

You can send the file to: richard AT z71.net

Both of those VINs use 12618164 OSs same as we have. They both use a "System" ID number of 12608257 wich is different than us. They use the 3 relay setup from the factory for efans. Interesting..... wish I didn't leave my spare E67 ECM at work....

Chevy366
March 28th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Double check that. If it has 2 harnesses into the ECM, it's an E38. You'd be seeing the first E67 equipped silverado. Might be a collector's item.

08 Texas Edition Silverado , Stabilitrac , 5.3 Liter and has a E67 .

1BadAction
March 29th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Erik, might want to check out lincoln mark VIII fan, supposedly they are somewhere around 4500 CFM and a PWM fan controller can control it like the C6 fan.

ScarabEpic22
March 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hmmm Ill look into it more this summer when I have a job, time and money to do anything more than a tune. Already have all the tuning stuff, its everything else I have to buy!

GMPX
March 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM
08 Texas Edition Silverado , Stabilitrac , 5.3 Liter and has a E67 .That is really weird that GM would have a specific harness etc for one special build.

BigTex
April 3rd, 2009, 02:06 AM
I was sent a file with the fans converted, however I don't think it was done with HPT, in any case, it appeared all that was done is to copy the entire fans 'section' from another vehicle in to the TBSS file.

Ross, would you mind sharing this file? I don't want to give up on getting this working.

dc_justin
April 3rd, 2009, 04:18 AM
Email is on it's way Richard, sorry it took so long. Busy week here.

ScarabEpic22
April 3rd, 2009, 05:19 AM
Justin or Richard would you mind shooting me that file too? email is scarabepic22 AT comcast.net.

BigTex
April 3rd, 2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks Justin. Check your mail Erik.

JAY4SPEED
April 3rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
include me in as well please? jay4speed at cox.net

Chevy366
April 4th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Ditto , would like as well .

Chevy366
April 4th, 2009, 03:22 AM
That is really weird that GM would have a specific harness etc for one special build.

I may be wrong then , I have a folder labeled "Trucks" I keep my truck tune files in , seeing that a Trailbalzer is considered a "Truck" in DMV eyes I may have been looking at a SS file .

XLR8NSS
April 6th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Richard - Could you shoot me that email. ;)

dc_justin
April 6th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Richard - Could you shoot me that email. ;)
:doh2:

XLR8NSS
April 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Richard - Did you test this out yet? :P

John Reed
June 29th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Sorry for the bump, what was the final word on this being possible for the 08? And are there other options if it cannot be done with EFILive?

ANDY@ADMPERFORMANCE
July 16th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry for the bump, what was the final word on this being possible for the 08? And are there other options if it cannot be done with EFILive?

We have the OS that works perfect...for over a year now.

I am going to give you guys a hint since it is my first post here and everybody seems to think I never help out on the other forums - CADILLAC XLRV USES THE C-6 FAN AND E-67.

ChipsByAl
July 16th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Is it possible to post a copy of the stock XLR-V file that you guys used as a base file? Holden Crazy does not have one.
Thanks,
Al

55chevdelray
July 17th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Is it possible to post a copy of the stock XLR-V file that you guys used as a base file? Holden Crazy does not have one.
Thanks,
Al

Yes, please post:)

BigTex
July 21st, 2009, 06:00 AM
We have the OS that works perfect...for over a year now.

I am going to give you guys a hint since it is my first post here and everybody seems to think I never help out on the other forums - CADILLAC XLRV USES THE C-6 FAN AND E-67.
Thanks Andy for that hint. Maybe you aren't such a bad guy after all. hahaha :cheers:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to an XLRV to download its tune. Not sure if the typical XLRV owner would allow me anywhere near their car with my laptop, EFI cable, and a crazed look on my face. :hihi:

ScarabEpic22
July 21st, 2009, 02:07 PM
Hmmm didnt even think about the little XLR-Vs...good idea though!

When someone gets one of the XLR-V OSs, please email it to me! Much appreciated!

Just today I was coming home from driving my TBSS on its first road trip to my family cabin. Coming back today, it was 90F+ the whole way back and at the hottest point it was 99F going up the Vantage Hill (10mi grade at like 3-4% IIRC). The SS blasted its way through it with cruise set at 75mph running the AC full blast. No downshift, no TCC unlock, perfect through everything. Where my 02 unlocks the TCC and downshifts to go up the 3000ft pass, the SS just goes right up without a peep.

The whole time I was driving this I was thinking about how with a boat behind me and efans, would I really be getting the proper cooling (especially running the AC full blast the whole time)? Heck my 02 with the mech. fan will run hot without the AC going up this with a boat, Ill see 218-220F ECTs (stock is 201-207F, not the 19x F the LSx motors are).

But if it can be done with the XLR-V OS...hmmm

BigTex
August 5th, 2009, 05:41 AM
08 XLR-V operating system is 12618588

I dont have a copy of it.

FTK_Ray
September 4th, 2009, 04:30 AM
I just finished installing a built motor with a magnuson in a e67 2007 TBSS and did a c6 fan swap. I whipped through this thread but it doesnt look like we are able to control it yet? Anybody have the latest word? I have a handful of customers that want me to do this same buildup to theirs and they all want to switch to c6 fans. they are 06 & 07's I would assume without checking first that they are e67's? Any help would be appreciated.

BigTex
September 4th, 2009, 04:43 AM
2006 is going to be an E38 ECM I believe. The 2007 and 2008 models are E67. The C6 fan issue is mainly dealing with the 2008 model vehicles. A couple of the tuners have been able to activate the PWM can controls (Andy @ ADM in post #67 above for example). But even running one of their 'patched' tunes, with EFI Live you can't make modifications to the fan controls yourself. They set the parameters and you live with them or have them make changes for you. Most of the complaints in this thread are dealing with the 2008 model. From what I understand, the 2007 TBSS E67 ECM was easier to get the PWM fan controls working. Since you are dealing with 06 and 07 models, you may not have too much trouble.

ScarabEpic22
September 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
06s are E40s, still have a LS1 type VE table vs the E67/E38s VVE table.

Has anyone found the mythical XLR-V stock tune yet?? Ive finally bought another ECM/TCM combo and have a minor tune in my SS right now so I can do some testing...

JAY4SPEED
September 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
06s are E40s, still have a LS1 type VE table vs the E67/E38s VVE table.

Has anyone found the mythical XLR-V stock tune yet?? Ive finally bought another ECM/TCM combo and have a minor tune in my SS right now so I can do some testing...

I could grab the XLR-V cal off tis2web if I had a spare E67. I sold my spare E67 not too long ago :frown:.

ScarabEpic22
September 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I could grab the XLR-V cal off tis2web if I had a spare E67. I sold my spare E67 not too long ago :frown:.

Bummer, Id send you my spare but its my stocker that I dont want touched at all.

Im gonna shoot you a PM now, wonder how much it'd cost to ship you my tuned ECM to pull this so I could read it back and post it up here...

95wagon
November 2nd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Hello, may have some input about the XLRV flash in a TBSS.

I am in the middle of trying to find the best operating system to use in with my GMPP E67 so I can keep cruise, evap, and dual fans in a 90's Caprice.
The Caddy CTSV and XLR cruise wiring is completely different than the TBSS.
Single wire with variable resistance to C1#29 plus not a simple "ON-OFF" signal for brakes.

The TBSS, looks to have more simplistic separate signal wires between cruise button and ECM plus a real brake signal to it.
Haven't looked at anything else yet.

Unless I am out in left field, I can't see the Caddy flash being compatible.

If there were a way please explain as it would make what I am trying to do easier.

Gerry Charlesworth

ScarabEpic22
November 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM
So has anyone gotten their hands on the XLR-V file? Preferrably Id love to see one from 06 (T42 I assume?) and another from 07-09 to see if we cant run the T43 and a 6L90E in a TBSS.

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Just noticed this today as I was reading through the tables, happened to click on the Fan tab and guess what? Theres a fan type field available! Not sure if its enough, but it might help a little bit!

This is using the latest .calz files dated Dec 3, 2009 from the public beta E38/E67 COS stuff. Verified by coping the original .calz back, not there!! Looks like some good news for us!

ScarabEpic22
November 15th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Holy dead thread batman, but Id love to get an XLR-V stock read.

Any one in the greater Seattle/NW area have access to a Tech II? I have an extra E67 we can flash, Id rather not send it out unless we're out of options.

dc_justin
November 16th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Here's the cal from an 08.

ScarabEpic22
November 16th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Justin, thanks a TON man. Going to play around with that file and see if I cant use it on my SS.

They also use a T43 for the TCM right? I see it says 5L40E for the trans, everything Ive looked at says in 07 they switched to a 6spd?

ChipsByAl
November 16th, 2010, 10:12 AM
The above car has the T43. MYC - TRANSMISSION AUTO 6 SPD, HMD, 6L80
Al

ScarabEpic22
November 16th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks Al, anyone happen to have a copy of the TCM tune? With a 6L80E, if the ECM OS communicates with the T42 and T43 controllers like Andy said earlier (about using it for efans, so I assume it works with T42s) then this could be our magic ECM+TCM OS setup for GMT360 6L80E swaps. Not getting my hopes up too much, but Ill spend some time this weekend and setup the XLR-V tune to work with my LS2.

ChipsByAl
November 17th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I don't have the TCM file, sorry.
Al

turbo_bu
November 18th, 2010, 05:42 AM
This may be a very basic question, but this thread has caused me to wonder about just what is in the different Calibrations vs. what is carried over in a Segment swap. My quick understanding is this: (Please help me understand if any of this is correct or makes sense.)

Under the Calibration Identifiers section:
OS - contains all the code to make the whatever (engine, transmission or both engine and transmission) run.
Calibration - Not sure, maybe just the cal's required for whatever sensors are connected to the ECM/PCM

Under the Segment section:
The Engine Calibration and Diagnostics, Transmission Calibration / Diagnostics all contains whatever is shown under those headings in EFI Live. Thus when / if we are able to swap segments, this implies that it is truely plug/play and the tables should play nicely (BIG assumption).

Further theroizing ... IF we had a Tech II, then there is a way to mix and match just about any of these cals, BUT you better know what your doing or else you just make a door stop and bricked your ECM / PCM. Guessing that this was what the others were talking about when HPT's was creating a custome OS for the TB's to support e-fans.

v8vegaman
April 2nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
OK so has anyone finnished up the electric fan question? The trail blazer file that I have has a table for efans but when I go to discrete it doesnt work like the e40 ecm. Is the fix for this using a front drive tune??

This may be a very basic question, but this thread has caused me to wonder about just what is in the different Calibrations vs. what is carried over in a Segment swap. My quick understanding is this: (Please help me understand if any of this is correct or makes sense.)

Under the Calibration Identifiers section:
OS - contains all the code to make the whatever (engine, transmission or both engine and transmission) run.
Calibration - Not sure, maybe just the cal's required for whatever sensors are connected to the ECM/PCM

Under the Segment section:
The Engine Calibration and Diagnostics, Transmission Calibration / Diagnostics all contains whatever is shown under those headings in EFI Live. Thus when / if we are able to swap segments, this implies that it is truely plug/play and the tables should play nicely (BIG assumption).

Further theroizing ... IF we had a Tech II, then there is a way to mix and match just about any of these cals, BUT you better know what your doing or else you just make a door stop and bricked your ECM / PCM. Guessing that this was what the others were talking about when HPT's was creating a custome OS for the TB's to support e-fans.

ToXshoX
April 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
is there anyway to get the ls1 style fans to work on a 06 tbss E40 using the 1 wire mechanical fan plug to run in the 2 speeds low and high?

also are the snapshots of efi live taken in this forum here http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301 correct for enabling ls1 fans using the 1 wire mechanical fan plug on a 06 tbss e40?

ToXshoX
April 21st, 2011, 03:08 PM
is there anyway to get the ls1 style efans to do the low and high like they can do on the f bodies using the single wire plug up by the fan shroud on a 06 tbss