PDA

View Full Version : E38 VVE Save Issues

swingtan
May 1st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I was playing around with the VVE settings today and noticed something interesting. I think this is the correct procedure....

Alter cell values in the VVE as required.
Click on "Generate Coeffs" to generate the equations used to build the VVE.
Click on "Generate VVE" to display the map that the equations will produce.

All this works pretty much as I'd expect it to. However, when I save the tun file, I noticed that the VVE table changed in the background as the "save as" box disappeared. At first I thought it was just the front window closing down, but I now realise that during the save operation, that the VVE actually changes shape.

Attached is an image showing the VVE before and after the save operation. To me it appears that the the coeffs are regenerated prior to the save for some reason. Is this an expected result, or an "undocumented feature" :sneaky:

Simon.

ringram
May 1st, 2008, 09:14 PM
Im guessing it regenerated the coefficients again?

johnv
May 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
yes thats the way it worked for me too.:sneaky:

scdyne
May 2nd, 2008, 03:06 AM
The Post-save is the coefficient generated VVE table. The Pre-save is your intended VVE table. It's never going to be a perfect match between the two, but as long as you try to stay within the bounds of each zone it can be close.

In my mind your procedure sounds correct, but maybe it's not updating the VVE with the coeff generated result until after you save.

swingtan
May 2nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
The Post-save is the coefficient generated VVE table. The Pre-save is your intended VVE table. It's never going to be a perfect match between the two, but as long as you try to stay within the bounds of each zone it can be close.

In my mind your procedure sounds correct, but maybe it's not updating the VVE with the coeff generated result until after you save.

I would have thought that there should be very little difference between the Pre-save and Post-save given the coeffs have been generated and they should not change with the save. I was thinking that the save operation may be performing a second coeff regeneration, which applied a second "smoothing" over the VVE. I know it's not going to be like the LS1 VE table, I just didn't think the VVE should change shape when saving.

Simon.

johnv
May 2nd, 2008, 08:55 AM
Yes it does tend to blend the table when you save,
Just need to keep massageing the table to get the end result.
Not as cut and dried as the LS1 VE tuneing but still doable:book: