PDA

View Full Version : Is 7.2.3 going to have more MAPS?

BowlingSS
August 8th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Is 7.2.3 going to have more MAPS? I was setting up my maps and I am one short. I need 11 but only have 10?

Bill
:D

Blacky
August 8th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Is 7.2.3 going to have more MAPS? I was setting up my maps and I am one short. I need 11 but only have 10?

Bill
:D

There is no technical reason why there cannot be more maps, but V7.2.3 will still only have 10. And I thought 10 was overkill.

Regards
Paul

Steve Bryant
August 8th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Bill,
What are you tracking with 11 maps? Do you think that you will really use them in the course of a week or two?

I've done a fair amount of logging and tuning in the last year and I only use about three maps on a rregular basis. Although I have set up about 15 for use, I only display the following:

WBAFR - MAP Versus RPM (used to set VE in Speed Density Operation)
WBAFR - MAF Versus Freq (used to adjust MAF Calibration)
KR - RPM Versus Cyl Air (used for High Octane Spark Calibration)

All my best,

Steve

SinisterSS
August 8th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Ten is definitely not overkill; 24 would be one of the sweet spots due to the number of PIDs one can record at high speed.

joecar
August 8th, 2005, 02:21 PM
10 is not overkill; I use maps a lot to see if there's patterns between various parameters.

3 dash pages also is not enough, but maybe that's just me.

GMPX
August 9th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I was asking Paul about this today from the point that having more MAP's slows the PC down, Paul said it did......this made me think I need to tell you something I noticed on my PC.
If I am running off mains power it runs at 2.4GHz, if off battery it runs at half that......not sure how 1.2GHz would go replotting 24 maps, especially as Paul told me today he might just have one more trick up he's sleeve with the maps :D

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
August 10th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Maybe there needs to be Properties options that say "Number of Maps" and "Number of Dash Pages"; people who don't use many maps at once could then set the Number of Maps low and have minimal slowdown.