PDA

View Full Version : Changing usb cable on FSV2

AGRO
May 1st, 2008, 10:32 PM
High all, i just changed the USB cable, the old one had a few too many km's on it lol!

ever since the change, i have logging and flashing issues, particularly with the e38 pcm.

when i log the e38, a few minutes later the logging stops, then the "abort" message comes up.the logging is also VERY slow, and i have lost the cursor, ie: i cannot use the mouse to select certain logged data, i have to use the arrow buttons.

when i try to flash the e38, an error message comes up saying, either bootloader rejected or cannot comunicate with pcm check cable connection etc etc.

if i disconnect the obd cable then reconnect and try to reflash all works fine.

it may be a coincidence, but the day i changed the usb cable is the same day i updated to the latest bbl software.

do you think its the cable or the update?

ntae
May 2nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
are you running 26 4 update from this post & loaded the 27 4 update from the 5th post

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7905

Blacky
May 2nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
when i log the e38, a few minutes later the logging stops, then the "abort" message comes up.the logging is also VERY slow, and i have lost the cursor, ie: i cannot use the mouse to select certain logged data, i have to use the arrow buttons.

Try pressing F2 which toggles mouse control of the chart inspector on and off.

do you think its the cable or the update?
I don't think it will be the cable.
As NTAE asked are you using the very latest bet software?

Regards
Paul