PDA

View Full Version : Changing BEN map from AFR to ?

ssvolvo
May 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hi guys,

I'm logging with an LM-1 to adjust my VE B0200 table:LS2.
Just starting so please bear with me. My BEN map is in air/fuel AFR units so when I "Paste and Multiply with Labels" to my VE map I have a map that resembles Victoria Falls (really)! Looks like I need to convert this AFR to Lambda or EQ? Please assist me in doing this. I've spent HOURS on this and I'm sure it's a quick fix as I know my idle is darn close and doesn't need 15.1 times more fuel!!

Thanks again, John

mr.prick
May 4th, 2008, 01:25 AM
you need to select the BEN PID for your WBO2,
and change your map to read that PID in the map properties. (data)

ssvolvo
May 4th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Mr P!

Can you look at my log and PID selection? I thought I had that down pat. Thanks, John

ChipsByAl
May 4th, 2008, 02:33 AM
I had to edit my sae_generic.txt file like this:

# Innovate LM-1 WBO2
# ========================
*CLC-00-928
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 30.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}*10"
*CLC-00-929
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LM11.AFR}/{GM.AFR_B}"
*CLC-00-930
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}"
AFR 10.0 30.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}*10"
*CLC-00-931
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LM12.AFR}/{GM.AFR_B}"

Hope that helps,
Al

ssvolvo
May 4th, 2008, 03:11 AM
OMG! Thanks Al! I blew 5 hours on something this trivial. Why? Oh well, whatever. Worked like a charm.

THANKS!!!!!John:mrgreen:

ChipsByAl
May 4th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Glad to be of help. I downloaded your log file and tested, it had the same problem that I encountered. I thought the link had been fixed though.
Al

ssvolvo
May 4th, 2008, 05:54 AM
It's at least usable. Now I'm trying to figure out why the LC-1 and Lc-2 don't have the same settings in the sae-generic txt file. Seems they both are setup the same way in the LM programer software.

I guess I'm arriving at this because now my BEN at idle is 2. My map for the BEN is averaging over "2" across the board, yet my WBO says it's no where near that lean. My wide band says around 15-1 A/F ratio. I wouldn't think that would work out to be a "2".
I have a 5 gas to verify my wide band. Also a labscope on the output of the LM-1 to make sure the scan tool reads the same voltage. IT DOES. Still when I paste and multiply the fuel number goes from 37 to 115. Kind of rich don't you think. I know it needs just a touch of fuel right at that cell; not 3 times as much.

I'm thinking I need to change the numbers in the sae_generic file but not sure where. Have tried several things but to no avail.

I'm catching on slowly and DO appreciate the help. Thanks again, John:mrgreen:

johnv
May 4th, 2008, 10:14 PM
re you sure you are looking at average ben factor and not cell count ?

joecar
May 5th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Don't edit sae_generic.txt... instead, create new calc pids in calc_pids.txt.

See post #27 in this thread: showthread.php?t=132 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=132)

Program your LC-1 for 0V==11AFR and 5V==16AFR
and use the calc_pids.txt from post #27.

jomobco
May 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM
re you sure you are looking at average ben factor and not cell count ?

Cell count made my VE look like victoria falls. :bad:

jomobco
May 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
It's at least usable. Now I'm trying to figure out why the LC-1 and Lc-2 don't have the same settings in the sae-generic txt file. Seems they both are setup the same way in the LM programer software.

I guess I'm arriving at this because now my BEN at idle is 2. My map for the BEN is averaging over "2" across the board, yet my WBO says it's no where near that lean. My wide band says around 15-1 A/F ratio. I wouldn't think that would work out to be a "2".
I have a 5 gas to verify my wide band. Also a labscope on the output of the LM-1 to make sure the scan tool reads the same voltage. IT DOES. Still when I paste and multiply the fuel number goes from 37 to 115. Kind of rich don't you think. I know it needs just a touch of fuel right at that cell; not 3 times as much.

I'm thinking I need to change the numbers in the sae_generic file but not sure where. Have tried several things but to no avail.

I'm catching on slowly and DO appreciate the help. Thanks again, John:mrgreen:

I'm catching on to this as well and the thing that threw me was that I think it's based off commanded AFR so that depending upon what's commanded is what it adjusts to. So once you get the VE tables dialed in you can go back and work on commanded AFR to work on your cruise, WOT, etc. At least that's what was confusing me at first.

ChipsByAl
May 6th, 2008, 03:51 PM
ssvolvo the fix is in for your log. No editing necessary. Pick this PID and use it instead to plot your BEN's. It should be valid, it worked on your log.
Al

Base Efficiency Numerator 1 - LM-1 LS2 style {CALC.BEN_LM11_B}

ssvolvo
May 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'm not finding that PID in my list OR in sae_generic. I'm sure changing my sae_generic PID was a temporary fix as a software update will change it back. I reinstalled complete package off the site (7.5.3 build 36) also last week thinking it was an update issue. So Thanks Joecar for that info about making new PID in MYDOCUMENTS as not to disturb it later. I realized this in my 20plus odd hours I spent over the weekend trying to figure it out. Actually I learned a lot this weekend (slow learner). I know the E40 stuff is not as popular as the LS1 so info is slower in coming. But thanks to guys like you on the forum I have a driveable car now.
Guy in a Saab pulled right out in front of me yesterday (had a bunch of racing stickers in the rear window) with a loud exhaust. You know one of those grapefruit shooter tailpipe attachments. He stopped for a light and when I pulled up behind him I stabbed the throttle a couple of times. You could see him looking around to see what vehicle made the noise. You could see the look on his face in his rearview :wtf1:.

Thanks guys, really! John

joecar
May 7th, 2008, 05:48 AM
lol... that's funny, I would have liked to see the expression on his face... :cheers: